PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block.. Pro-Topline CNC'd ported heads

fastco
29-03-06, 03:15 AM
Here a heads up on heads.. sorry could'nt resist... anyway have a peek @ the new Pro-Topline 100% CNC ported heads. Very nice work & flow #'s are jaw dropping. Looks like Ed's got some catch'n up to do..... Cheers! Dr.Dee

SB Chevy heads are 215cc runners 2.02 & 1.60... Ford guys your to like this
SBF heads are 230cc runners... fantastic for 347 & up stroker engines.

mikey
29-03-06, 12:16 PM
Dont mean to be negative, but the finishing looks a bit rough. Also is that a ridge accross the top of the centre runners and if so, how much sealing body is left for the gasket.

I guess if they are a lot cheaper than AFR's they may have a good market, but at present I would stick with AFR's, the care in finishing seems better all round. I know its all about flow, but you can often judge the rest from the finishing off.

Have you any comparitive flow figures and how much are they.
Mike

fastco
29-03-06, 02:00 PM
Dont mean to be negative, but the finishing looks a bit rough. Also is that a ridge accross the top of the centre runners and if so, how much sealing body is left for the gasket.

I guess if they are a lot cheaper than AFR's they may have a good market, but at present I would stick with AFR's, the care in finishing seems better all round. I know its all about flow, but you can often judge the rest from the finishing off.

Have you any comparitive flow figures and how much are they.
Mike

Yes indeed there not jewel finished like AFR full CNC'd heads.. but hey there not bad for less then 1/2 the price of AFR or Brodix or Darts 100% CNC ported heads. A little time with my die grinder & some sanding rolls should bring them up to snuff in a hurry.
Flow #'s look pretty good @ 28" H20 @ .400 lift IN 214.8 EX 163.8 @ .500
IN 243.2 EX 184.5 @ .600 IN 264.0 EX 196.9 @ .700 IN 277.3 EX 205.1

Intake runners dia. are 2.20 tall 1.320 wide E/W gasket # 10020 perfect fit
Will be track testing them next month to see what they perform like in the real world.... keep you posted... Cheers! Dr,Dee