PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting ready for summer

dave.n
30-03-06, 06:48 PM
Yep
Spring time is here and I'm getting ready for summer so I put that old chevy to the best possible use I could think of.
In fact the only use a chevy lump is good for apart from charcoal.

That should shake the site up a bit.

Purple AK
30-03-06, 06:53 PM
Yep
Spring time is here and I'm getting ready for summer so I put that old chevy to the best possible use I could think of.
In fact the only use a chevy lump is good for apart from charcoal.

That should shake the site up a bit.
Waste of a good Barby ;)

pat b
30-03-06, 06:53 PM
PLS PLS PLS Dave I only back with my big gob 2mins and you leve the door wide open for me:eek::eek::eek::eek: PAT

Clarkson
30-03-06, 06:56 PM
Thats not nice Dave!! You don't like it when we start the Ford issue!!:rolleyes: :D

Clarkson
30-03-06, 06:57 PM
Thats not nice Dave!! You don't like it when we start the Ford issue!!:rolleyes: :D

You wait till Andy see this!

Clarkson
30-03-06, 07:00 PM
I think the bbq chap has good taste, cause you would not wanna put an oil burning ford on there!!

dave.n
30-03-06, 07:01 PM
Dave
I know, I know, I take full responsibility for stirring up the old chestnut, but I've just come in from the garage and I've had a hard day (honestly), saw this and thought I'd go for it.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I could have posted a picture of a lawnmower instead, thats another use (searching the web for a chevy lawnmower know).

dave.n
30-03-06, 07:09 PM
FOUND ONE
Not sure if it's a chevy.
However if it's a ford it'll just cut better.

Clarkson
30-03-06, 07:09 PM
hard day doing what????????

dave.n
30-03-06, 07:17 PM
dAVE
Had a long meeting with my boss in City Airport. Came back and blew up a mates lathe (oh! 5hit). Did the shopping (slap slap BUM). Then went down the garage to find my son has got another old wreck to do up and flog in the next three weeks before he goes to OZ. Moved all his 5hit out the way and got the cob out and washed & leathered it for Detling. Came in Lucy's asleep on the sofa the site didn't have anything for my interest so I started this thread.

ANSWER YOUR QUESTION??????????????????????? i AM IN A HAPPY MOOD HONEST.

Clarkson
30-03-06, 07:20 PM
dAVE
Had a long meeting with my boss in City Airport. Came back and blew up a mates lathe (oh! 5hit). Did the shopping (slap slap BUM). Then went down the garage to find my son has got another old wreck to do up and flog in the next three weeks before he goes to OZ. Moved all his 5hit out the way and got the cob out and washed & leathered it for Detling. Came in Lucy's asleep on the sofa the site didn't have anything for my interest so I started this thread.

ANSWER YOUR QUESTION??????????????????????? i AM IN A HAPPY MOOD HONEST.

Oh dear!!!:D :D

Washed your car for Delting?? It's a bit early??:confused: :confused:

dave.n
30-03-06, 07:20 PM
aNOTHER CHEVY

For the marathon enthusiast

dave.n
30-03-06, 07:24 PM
I know it's a bit early for Detling, but I haven't washed it for ages and I have another busy week. Loads of things to get together for Detling and Yes I do have another life outside cobras so it's a bit of a juggle at the moment.

Life would be so much easier if I could afford to buy Lucy shoes and handbags every week.

Andy S
30-03-06, 07:45 PM
You wait till Andy see this!
I've just seen it. reading the rest of the thread now before posting reply, but its looking like war, or in other words more photos of billy from the 80's.

Andy S
30-03-06, 07:48 PM
Billy we will speak tomorrow.

dave.n
30-03-06, 07:49 PM
Andy
BEHAVE YOURSELF

hows the bridge (tell me off site)?

slogger
30-03-06, 08:14 PM
Fixed Or Recovered Daily v Chevy thing again!!:D :D

dave.n
30-03-06, 08:22 PM
Couldn't think of anything else to go with the picture.
A little narrow minded I suppose , but I knew it would spark a light somewhere.
So that's the smutty begining of Basic instincts done just got to wait for the disco bit and THE leg crossing and I'm sorted.

Andy S
30-03-06, 08:26 PM
Sums it up doesnt it, Fords either fixed or recovered, CHEVY's Just Kepp On Running:D

Purple AK
30-03-06, 08:31 PM
One Word ;) DAEWOO :D

Clarkson
30-03-06, 08:31 PM
Dave why don't we talk about sidepips for your SR???

slogger
30-03-06, 08:38 PM
One Word ;) DAEWOO :D

I see that as just a helping hand to less well off! :D

Ford V4. What was that all about. Ah half measures?? ;)

dave.n
30-03-06, 08:42 PM
Adverts
So how was the leg crossing thing for you?

Dave
Sidepipes are a no go (Lucy needs convincing)

oH! Yeah by the way as I said before, don't give a hoot what engine anyones got as long as it rocks their boat.

john cohen
30-03-06, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No wonder its NO MATES ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :D

slogger
30-03-06, 08:48 PM
Adverts
So how was the leg crossing thing for you?

Dave
Sidepipes are a no go (Lucy needs convincing)

oH! Yeah by the way as I said before, don't give a hoot what engine anyones got as long as it rocks their boat.

Too right! Mines only a Chev because I had one laying about. Ah.. and it is still laying about.

Leg crossing....Hmmm. Why am I sitting here?;)

bogster
30-03-06, 08:50 PM
I'll have to correct you, that engine is a Dodge HEMI. Imagine not even knowing your Chevys from your Dodge HEMI from your Fords, etc. Typical from someone who has a bought a Ford. Hasn't a clue what engine is what! :D :D :D

Confirmation in the link below

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/go/4397/

rich
30-03-06, 09:22 PM
Now this was too good to pass up, a boat with a Chevy engine,
provide your own punch lines please :D

http://www.dsengine.com/clientgallery/img/baja_2.jpg
Big Block Chevy engine build on a Baja 20

dave.n
30-03-06, 11:08 PM
Bogster
Your dead right. As I said WHO GIVES A FLYING.
It might as well be a honda, but it got all the guy's talking.
That's just the Barbi what are the others then smartie pants.
I don't know as it's typical of Ford owners, just me and I'm the first one to admit I haven't much of a clue I just look to see if the dizzy is at the correct end of the engine.
I don't know what the others are myself it just seemed the right place to post some weird pics. I knew if I said they were chevy's someone would get chatting.

Dutch Paul
30-03-06, 11:17 PM
I'll have to correct you, that engine is a Dodge HEMI. Imagine not even knowing your Chevys from your Dodge HEMI from your Fords, etc. Typical from someone who has a bought a Ford. Hasn't a clue what engine is what! :D :D :D

Confirmation in the link below

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/go/4397/
Well it`s obvious it isn`t a rattly old Ford.
All the sausages and burgers would vibrate off onto the floor :D :D :D :D

mylesdw
30-03-06, 11:47 PM
It is often suggested that Shelby went to Chevrolet first for an engine and it is interesting to speculate how different the story might be if they had said "yes":

The first Cobra would have had a 300hp 327 instead of a 220hp 260. By 1963 it could have been using an aluminium 377 small block rated at 485hp instead of the 289 Ford pretty much at its limit at 345hp. With that extra power available in a small block maybe the 7 litre Cobra that we know and love might never have happened...

The Daytona coupe with its stiffer chassis and a 485hp lightweight engine would really have given Ferrari a run for their money!

Just food for thought!

V8 BJC
31-03-06, 06:57 AM
Oh dear!!!:D :D

Washed your car for Delting?? It's a bit early??:confused: :confused:

Nah - its not too early - I spent all yesterday afternoon polishing my exhausts.

They were looking in a sorry state but now you could eat your dinner off them :cool: :)

Neil O
31-03-06, 07:15 AM
Nah - its not too early - I spent all yesterday afternoon polishing my exhausts.

They were looking in a sorry state but now you could eat your dinner off them :cool: :)

Why? They'll only get dirty again. ;)

tonym
31-03-06, 08:44 AM

CHEVROLET

Clatters Heavily, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time :D:D:D

bogster
31-03-06, 08:51 AM
Dave N

All said in jest Dave. :D :D :D It's good to get the forum buzzing!

dave.n
31-03-06, 08:58 AM
Bogster
Yeah I really must think of something new.

Brian
More power to your elbow mate.
Buy a chevy powered polisher.

Mylesdw
I see your location is a warm sunny sort of place shouldn't you be out in your car.