PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav

richardd
16-04-06, 02:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone use Sat Nav applications for Mobile Phones. I have found several available; Navicore, Route 66, Wayfinder and CoPilot but none of the High Street Mobile Phone shops have any knowledge of how good they are compared to a fixed Sat Nav like Tom Tom or Garmin.

Also I've bought the wrong RS-MMC memory for my Nokia N70 so if anyone is interested in a brand new SanDisk 1Gb send me a PM. It cost 35 but I would take 25.

Novacatt
16-04-06, 03:36 PM
I've got TomTom Mobile on my Nokia 6600, and its absolutley brilliant.
I've been very happy. Only problem is that TT only sell the maps hardware and software together.

I've also got route 66 to look at, but I havent tried it because TT is so good

Very pleased in all

HTH

Chris

richardd
16-04-06, 04:48 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. What GPS receiver do you use? I assume that it is BT. Do you get much connection drop out?

I have seen a TT 300 and it was very good but as you say the cost of extra maps is quite expensive compared to Navicore and Route 66, both of which sell a complete Europe map where TT sell individual countries.

Novacatt
16-04-06, 04:57 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. What GPS receiver do you use?

Ummm, dunno, its a nokia one. This one in fact,30 :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9706324827&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I assume that it is BT..

Yes it is

Do you get much connection drop out?.

None whatsoever. Went very very weak driving between Stroud and Painswick, but there's lots of trees and hills.

HTH

Chris