PDA

View Full Version : Securing stuff in boot

Wilburn
19-05-06, 04:58 PM
Hi,

Wondered if anyone has any suggestions of how best to secure stuff in the boot of a Cobra to stop it moving around?

I have a can of tyre weld and a 10 litre can of petrol rattling round - I have lots of roof rack style bunjee ropes with hooks on the end but there is nothing to attach the hooks to in the boot.

Paul

dave
19-05-06, 05:20 PM
Fill it with bubble wrap.:D :D

Neil O
19-05-06, 05:35 PM
Builder's expanding foam spray. ;) :D

Paul, buy stuff that fits in the side pods of the boot. I have a 5 litre petrol can of a shape that fits in one side with a litre of oil and a couple of emergency rain macks.
The other side has an extensive tool kit (you never know what you'll need) in a bag that fits the space.
Any other stuff you want to carry sits in the main part with the tonneau cover over it to stop some of the movement. It will all be at the back of the boot when you open it (if your driving the car properly). :D

stevee8
19-05-06, 05:55 PM
Paul,
Put the petrol in the tank where it belongs & junk the can.
If your boot is carpeted there are Velcro type products available which will secure the lighter items in a bag or net.

Andy S
19-05-06, 05:58 PM
buy a bike luggage net from Halfords and install a few very small hooks to the boot floor and problem solved. Total cost abot 8.00.

nbracken
19-05-06, 09:02 PM
Wilburn you need to put more things in the boot!

In my car I routinely have
1) in a small recessed panel on the right side 2 cans of tyre weld
2) in a padded bag on the left side inside a carpetted box that conceals the battery I have some spare bulbs
3) in the boot itself:
- rolled up hood
- hood frame
- sidescreens in padded bag (they are the rigid type)
- folded tonneau
- lightweight windproof and waterproof coat
- rug (for throwing on teh ground and sittintg on, or putting across my legs when it is really cold
- plastic carrying tool kit
- spanner rolls

With all that lot in it pretty much stabilises itself and doesn't move around!

plod
19-05-06, 09:09 PM
Stick the wife in there?

Neil O
20-05-06, 04:30 PM
Stick the wife in there?

Wilburn, you can borrow mine, might be a bit of a squeeze though. Nothing will move around once she's in though. :D ;)