PDA

View Full Version : Sva Pass

BIGUNDIES
20-05-06, 10:37 AM
Passed my SVA retest this morning with no issues at all. All the problems with the emissions turned out to be caused by the holley carb. Changed to an Edlebroch and within less than a minute we had the co2 to 2.5 and hc to 350 at 500 revs tick over. No more coughthing from the engine and it runs so much smoother. A BIG thanks to Chris Salmon for all his help in the garage (11pm last night) . Another BIG thankyou to Dave Brooks who has helped me all the way through the build with advice and tips, Dave your a top Banana!.

Clarkson
20-05-06, 10:46 AM
Well done... Funny thing these holley carbs,never have got my head round them! Was it new??

plod
20-05-06, 11:38 AM
Well done Lee. Was it the same chap as the other day? Did you show him how the new piece of carpet now cosily fits around the wiper motor?

Well done mate. :D

Clarkson, you have mail.. :eek:

Clarkson
20-05-06, 11:43 AM
Clarkson, you have mail.. :eek:[/quote:7ffc587b4d]

Where??? I don't see it!:confused: :confused:

TINKA
20-05-06, 11:51 AM
Congratulations now all we need is some good weather :mad: :mad:

ti
20-05-06, 11:55 AM
Congrats Lee !!!

plod
20-05-06, 12:08 PM
Clarkson, you have mail.. :eek:
Where??? I don't see it!:confused: :confused:[/quote:cc9132bfde]

See if I can send it again. Should show top right corner of screen..?

BIGUNDIES
20-05-06, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys and girls.

I had a different examiner for the retest. He only checked the emissions on the side that I failed on, and tok a quick look at the cover around the motor. He look a bit embarrassed that the last examiner had failed me on the holes for my front nudge bar not being radiused. Flew through the speedo test, showing 64 at 70. To get this figure I had to set my dip switches to 40,000 pulses. So roll up the good weather.

BIGUNDIES
20-05-06, 12:27 PM
Oh I forgot

For all those getting near the SVA day, just relax, and remember if they fail you, all you have to do is fix the failures. I hope to take my car to the northern meet next month, so I will see some of you there

wilf
20-05-06, 01:22 PM
Lee - congratulations, told you it would be alright.

That Holley carb - was it new, or had someone been playing with it before?

BIGUNDIES
20-05-06, 02:52 PM
The Holley carb was a refurb. I have had nouthing put trouble with this unit from Day one. No fuel was coming out of the jets, I removed the two float bowl leveling nuts and the needle was stuck. I contacted the supplier and he told me this was normal and just give them a poke. I also contacted the supplier over my emmissions problems, and I quote " I don't put cars through emissions tests so I can't help you with that one."

wilf
20-05-06, 03:27 PM
Hmm - looks like a lesson learned then. Always buy carbs new, unless you 100% know what has been done to them.

Still glad you passed!

jeff
20-05-06, 04:44 PM
Well done Lee

jeff

madjohnny
20-05-06, 06:32 PM
Lee, well done mate. Hopefully once I get mine through the SVA may see you around and about as we are in the same neck of the woods!! ;)

snake_bitten
24-05-06, 06:04 PM
Well done Lee,

I have my test on the 9-Jun-06 If I ever get this F**************** wiring loom finished!

BIGUNDIES
24-05-06, 09:29 PM
Hi John

Just keep at it and you'll get there.

BIGUNDIES
24-05-06, 09:31 PM
MadJohnny, where are you going for your test? The guys at Chadderton seem to be trying to help people pass. Good luck and don't worry if you fail, most do.

madjohnny
24-05-06, 09:48 PM
Lee, got mine at Speke, Liverpool on Friday.

Not worried at all, expecting to fail on something I've over looked, if I pass GREEEEAAAATTTT!

BIGUNDIES
25-05-06, 07:58 AM
I'm only round the corner at the Jaguar Plant, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Have you booked an appointment at the DVLA for your check. I went to the Preston office in the afternoon after failing. The guy came out and took my details off the car, ie chassis and engine number. I handed in my reciepts and got my registration certificate through 2 days later. I'd give them a call, so you can get it done out of the way.
The above is only relevant if you have the right documents etc.