PDA

View Full Version : Picked my car up from 7-Indulgence today and.....

V8 BJC
20-05-06, 05:01 PM
WOW.. What a difference.

I had a big list of things to sort / improve but just did not have the time to do myself (with lots of support from this forum:D ).

Following my recent fuelling issues (using it like it was going out of fashion) I decided bite the bullet and called 7-Indulgence last friday, and dropped the car off the very next day. Graham and John have done a superb job of diagnosing problems, fixing, improving bits and setting up the car and I can now get on and enjoy driving rather than hours of frustration in the garage.

The service provided was fantastic, with daily phone calls throughout the two weeks updating me on progress and advising me of things found and alternative solutions. On collecting the car, I was shown all of the old parts removed and reasons for relacement/failure and was presented with a full report of the works done together with readings, settings and other possible arera of improvement.

For those of us without the time / skills to maintain our cars personally, finding someone that you trust with your pride and joy to provide that service is truly valuable.

As owners themselves, the guys at 7-Indulgence truly understand what these cars mean to their owners and provide a friendly customer focussed service. I for one would recomend them without hesitation.

Now, if it would just stop bl**dy raining I might just get out and have some fun.

Clarkson
20-05-06, 05:04 PM
Well done Brian! Glad your now happy with your car,all set for Lemans.:D :D

runt
20-05-06, 05:18 PM
WOW.. What a difference.

I had a big list of things to sort / improve but just did not have the time to do myself (with lots of support from this forum:D ).

Following my recent fuelling issues (using it like it was going out of fashion) I decided bite the bullet and called 7-Indulgence last friday, and dropped the car off the very next day. Graham and John have done a superb job of diagnosing problems, fixing, improving bits and setting up the car and I can now get on and enjoy driving rather than hours of frustration in the garage.

The service provided was fantastic, with daily phone calls throughout the two weeks updating me on progress and advising me of things found and alternative solutions. On collecting the car, I was shown all of the old parts removed and reasons for relacement/failure and was presented with a full report of the works done together with readings, settings and other possible arera of improvement.

For those of us without the time / skills to maintain our cars personally, finding someone that you trust with your pride and joy to provide that service is truly valuable.

As owners themselves, the guys at 7-Indulgence truly understand what these cars mean to their owners and provide a friendly customer focussed service. I for one would recomend them without hesitation.

Now, if it would just stop bl**dy raining I might just get out and have some fun.
Hi Brian, good to hear of such good service in these money-motivated times, along with Thunder Road at Waltham Cross that gives two good options for those of us in the South, surprised they were able to fit you in so promptly too, one tends to assume a queue of sports cars in for 'tweaking' this time of year.:confused:
Glad your car is ready to roar, as you say no sign yet of the Sun trying to vapourise us..:D
Paul/runt.

TINKA
20-05-06, 05:31 PM
So come on Brian what did they find that needed attention :confused:

V8 BJC
20-05-06, 06:16 PM
So come on Brian what did they find that needed attention :confused:

OK here is a summary

Fuelling issues - loads of sh*t in carb lines & filters - reset float levels - replace carb fixing bolts with studs - replace carg gasket - fit fuel filter - now get more than 10 mpg again :D

Air cleaner lid too close to top of carb - spacer fitted - no longer hessitating on acceleration :D

Oil leak from dizzy seal, rocker cover gaskets. Replace diff pinion oil seal.

Suspension setup - adjust toe in on front (towiung out badly), raise rear ride height, adjust (soften) damper settings - ride quality and steering response much improved.

Fabricate stainless heatshield for brake light pressure switch (3 fried previously)

Fabricate bolt on fixings for exhaust end cones (removed once on 1/4 mile at Elvington ;) )

New front wheel bearing. Vacuum pipe leaking.

While down there - plugs, oil, filter change - check gearbox oil etc

Some of this I normally do but other bits I would have been there ages trying to sort. Well chuffed with the result :)

dave.n
02-06-06, 10:44 AM
Well it's pretty obvious to the fact that I have become fairly friendly with the guy's at 7-Indy :) .
But I do have to add that they have been more than helpful especially to someone like me who tends to be a bit of an old women when it comes to mechanics on my car (yes they know) :rolleyes: .
All I had to do was change the Kenlowe fan thermostatic switch (that's all) :D .
Lost the probe of the old switch somewhere in the water system (they new exactly where it was) :cool:
Talked me through the do's and don'ts and settings (without me RTFM) :confused: .
They even had a bloody good laugh when I sprayed water all over the wander light, which in turn shot me across the garage (ouch!) :eek: .
Joking a-side I could have done it all without their input, however it's great to have them as a moral booster and there when you need them.
Stars in my book. :thumb: and have kept me :drive: .