PDA

View Full Version : Men and motors !

bitsilly
31-05-06, 05:28 PM
What the **** has happened to Men and Motors, the digital TV station?

Is it just I check it out at the wrong time or should I be worried about trade descriptions once digital TV is the norm!

I'm sure I once saw a motor on it.

I know this thread aint gonna save the planet but I'm bored! Have a nice evening.

Clive
31-05-06, 06:33 PM
Switched on Discovery Wings the other day only to see a programme about steam trains!!!
Next thing we know there will be posts on this site about Alfa Romeos!!!
Cheers Clive.

bitsilly
31-05-06, 07:07 PM
Funny you should mention Alfas, but can't stay and chat, Anthea Turner is just about to share her top housewifery tips with some lesser mortals, then a few hours of BB I think, or should I watch the beckhams party thingy? Maybe men and motors aint so bad!

MrFawlty
31-05-06, 08:38 PM
Hi,
Men and motors switched off a few weeks ago,this is on Freeview,but it was still on sky ch 131 the last time I looked

Steve

bitsilly
01-06-06, 02:15 PM
Thanks.
All I now get is shopping channel on what the text tells me is M+M! I'll keep an eye out for it once everything in digital land settles down.
Ed

stevee8
01-06-06, 05:21 PM
yes it's a bummer.

...and it's also annoying when the text at just past the hour gives you details of the programme which was on just before the hour. :mad:

PS like the new smilies Rob

PeteV
01-06-06, 06:38 PM
Sky progrmming in general as of late seems to be just utter crap! Satellite TV is a great novelty at first, but when you have been once round the six month "tape loop", you realise that you're paying really for utter dross with the very occasional prog thats actually worth watching. Mind you, the Beeb is even worse with its disgraceful repeats of "Open All Hours", a 20 plus years old repeat, at prime time on a Wednesday evening!

Pete.

(After all, lets be honest...watching TV is basically a total waste of one's life for 90% of the time!!)

Dutch Paul
01-06-06, 07:25 PM
Sky progrmming in general as of late seems to be just utter crap! Satellite TV is a great novelty at first, but when you have been once round the six month "tape loop", you realise that you're paying really for utter dross with the very occasional prog thats actually worth watching. Mind you, the Beeb is even worse with its disgraceful repeats of "Open All Hours", a 20 plus years old repeat, at prime time on a Wednesday evening!

Pete.

(After all, lets be honest...watching TV is basically a total waste of one's life for 90% of the time!!)
Wash your mouth out with soap !!!
Open all hours, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses etc etc they can repeat as often as they like for me - all true Brit comedy classics. Better than some of the modern comedies made today.

OH SH#T :o :o :o I`m beginning to sound like my dad :eek: :eek: :eek:

PeteV
01-06-06, 10:38 PM
..would very much agree that Fawlty Towers remains after thiryty years the standard by which all others are judged, and IMO nothing has come remotely close since !! (BTW did you know that the hotel was actually in High Wycombe and that it was destroyed in a fire a few years back & is now a modern housing estate !!!). The David Jason stuff is great too & Barker was a true genious, but we've all seen each bloody episode soo many times we know each damn script by heart !! Cheap telly for the Beeb me thinks - I'd sooner look a still shot of my Cob for half an hour!!

Pete.