PDA

View Full Version : Who's been Rogered?

dave
22-06-06, 10:13 AM
I think I have been ignored long enough now to deduce that I have joined the ranks of many and have been "Rogered" by Shinybitz.
I sent money some time ago and recieved nothing.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was just wondering who else on here has bee "Rogered"?

bc_suv
22-06-06, 10:26 AM
I've have been waiting for my headers since I ordered them on the 7th of March. I have had to chase these several times now :( :mad: :( :mad:

He has promised me they will be in the post on Monday...... I'll let you know

I just hope when they arrive they are of the quality that some others suggest his work can be..... again I'll let you know

What are you waiting for?

dave
22-06-06, 10:30 AM
Just some stainless stalks, but I do know of others who are waiting for more expensive items but probably won't post for fear that if they do they will then never get their parts...................Dream on, this is the best way to keep people quiet, keeping them dangling.
Hope you get your stuff.

bc_suv
22-06-06, 11:03 AM
I should have mentioned my parts are paid for in full because several weeks ago I was told they would be ready by the end of that particular week.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Again, I'll let you know if they get posted on Monday

MetaJacko
22-06-06, 11:28 AM
Just some stainless stalks, but I do know of others who are waiting for more expensive items but probably won't post for fear that if they do they will then never get their parts...................Dream on, this is the best way to keep people quiet, keeping them dangling.
Hope you get your stuff.

You mean like a full set of exhausts, some quick jacks and a few other bits? :(
(And my car for him to fit it all to:o )

I know he had a few problems with his spray shop but he seemed to be getting himself back in order when I went to see him a couple of weeks back.

Hes not answered my last couple of emails though, hmm...
Maybe I'll pop up and see how hes doing this week end :thumb:

tonym
22-06-06, 11:35 AM
Tum-te-tum :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MetaJacko
22-06-06, 11:39 AM
Tum-te-tum :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Tony,

I don't want to be rude to you but we all know your opinion or Roger.
If you have some helpful advice then I'm sure we will all be glad to hear it
but please don't start posting provocative comments.

Cheers :)

Paul

tonym
22-06-06, 11:41 AM
Paul, the original post asked who had been rogered, i was just reminding Dave that i had, :thumb:

MetaJacko
22-06-06, 11:44 AM
Paul, the original post asked who had been rogered, i was just reminding Dave that i had, :thumb:
OK, fair comment :p

kayjayd
22-06-06, 11:58 AM
If this guy is as dodgy as he's sounds shouldn't someone who has been "Rogered" write an article for Snaketorque to warn other club members? Or am I being a bit naive on this subject?

dave
22-06-06, 12:05 PM
To be fair Kev, Tony has said plenty on here but it has been down to everyone to decide whether to take heed of his warnings. I had previously bought a few bits from Roger and had no problems. But now he doesn't answer his phone (Sometimes when he is not actually busy, but pretending he is) and then doesn't return my messages.

kayjayd
22-06-06, 12:15 PM
Dave - Yeh, I've read the stuff that Tony has posted and certainly took it all onboard as well as comments from other posters. My point was more aimed at the club members who don't frequent the forum and may get "Rogered" due to lack of warning.

I guess putting something to print may get legally dodgy to say the least.

bc_suv
22-06-06, 01:20 PM
This is my first order with ShinyBitz and he did explain to me some problems he had with his sprayshop so I am prepared to give him the benifit of the doubt on that one....

wilf
22-06-06, 02:38 PM
Without wishing to appear provocative (and *uc* you if you think I am :D )

- there have been enough "issues" with this supplier for more heed to be taken of the warnings. Each time someone has an issue, others spring to his defence, for what reason I cannot imagine. You cannot make someone feel better about poor service they received just because you personally got a better deal.

"Caveat Emptor" is the watchword, and personally I try very hard not to part with full payments until I have received full delivery. This particular supplier would not even get a deposit from me.

Maybe there should be something in "Snake Torque" - after all, merely saying that a few folks have had quality issues (true) and a few others have had delivery promise issues (also true) could not be construed to be slanderous or libellous (I always forget which is which) if penned by someone with no particular interest either way?

Any lawyers here to comment?

MetaJacko
22-06-06, 02:49 PM
Without wishing to appear provocative (and *uc* you if you think I am :D )
As if any of us would ever think of you as provocative :p

chocice
22-06-06, 03:02 PM
Interesting reading......I was considering ordering some stalks for my car, but now I am not so sure.
Is the problem with the quality or with the actual supply,or indeed both ??

bc_suv
22-06-06, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

I am simply waiting for the items which I have paid for.

I have seen many other examples of Rogers work post in the forums and these look excellent. So again I am happy to give him the benefit of doubt on quality. :)

dave
22-06-06, 03:46 PM
Hi Choc-ice.
The quality of the stalks I have had have been excellent.

gareth08
22-06-06, 04:06 PM
Hi Choc-ice.
The quality of the stalks I have had have been excellent.

Dave,
Do you need some stalks made up?????

phil
22-06-06, 07:04 PM
I've also had a problem with this supplier, with both the quality of his work and the time taken to deliver the order. Admittedly, I was able to correct the work myself...but I shouldn't have needed to.

I've only used him once and I suppose he could have been having a bad day...but I don't think I'll bother in future.

Phil

TonyD
22-06-06, 08:15 PM
Just do a search on Shinybitz and the numbers of people who have been "Rogered" will leap out at you........

Garages throughout the land have examples of his work littering spare spaces under workbenches, on garage walls and lovingly installed in scrap bins.....

Maybe he just doesn't like anyone called Tony...........

Cheers,

Tony

mylesdw
22-06-06, 09:03 PM
- there have been enough "issues" with this supplier for more heed to be taken of the warnings. Each time someone has an issue, others spring to his defence, for what reason I cannot imagine. You cannot make someone feel better about poor service they received just because you personally got a better deal.

I think people do this simply to provide a balanced picture for others. When I read something negative about a supplier the first thing I want to know is: Is this typical or is it a rarity? After all, any business will inevitably end up with the odd disgruntled customer.

That said, in the case of this supplier the evidence does seem to be mounting to the point where anyone contemplating a purchase should consider themselves warned.

rocket
03-07-06, 10:26 AM
To put the record straight.

Some of you who have been in contact with me recently are aware that after setting up the paint shop with my brother I have spent 6 weeks doing HIS work because he decided to leave without notice and has not carried out what was required of him.

This has left me with 19 jobs outstanding and 4 cars to paint.

As some of you again know I work on my own and this has been the reason for the delay.

Aside from being close to a nervous breakdown my loving brother also decided to take last months takings with him and has left me with some other serious financial problems due to his work "practices".

These problems aside I am committed to working through the list as fast as I can.

I am currently working 10-14 per day 7 days per week to catch up.
along with the occational 42 straight shift!

I would like to extend my thanks to a few customers ( and they know who they are)

For giving me the opportunity to carry out their work within an extended time frame and to those customers I'll make sure they are getting a good deal.

I'm not going to make comment on what people have said within this thread as it will start another " school yard slagging match" Where you know our company or not everyone as their own opinion.

Again to those of you that have been patient a very big thank you.

I'd just like to add that amoungst all this we are also currently working on a new design of sidepipe which I think you will all quite like there will be some pictures of this in the next few weeks.

Rgds

Roger

dave
15-07-06, 09:16 PM
"Some of you who have been in contact with me recently are aware that after setting up the paint shop with my brother I have spent 6 weeks doing HIS work because he decided to leave without notice and has not carried out what was required of him.

This has left me with 19 jobs outstanding and 4 cars to paint.

As some of you again know I work on my own and this has been the reason for the delay.

Aside from being close to a nervous breakdown my loving brother also decided to take last months takings with him and has left me with some other serious financial problems due to his work "practices"."

...............And I have 4 wives and 26 childern to feed and 9 of them are Leppars. Get over yourself and keep people informed.

UPDATE:
A few days after i started this thread I got a call from Roger (Shinybitz) to say the parts that I'd ordered (weeks before) would be posted to me 3 days later. This did not happen. Then one of my customers contacted him around 2 weeks after that and he told my customer that he had sent the parts. I called to say that they had not arrived abd was told that they were packaged up and ready to send and were on the desk in front of him and would be posted the very next day. This was over 2 weeks ago and still nothing arrives.
FULL OF 5HIT!

Roger. Keep them and keep the money, There is no way I'm going to keep stum in the hope that you will ever deliver just because you have my money.
If they were ready and in a box ready to send all you had to find was the postage. Used up all your excuses.

Purple AK
15-07-06, 09:35 PM
Time for a "sticky" here I think :(

Robin427
16-07-06, 01:43 AM
I'd just like to add that amoungst all this we are also currently working on a new design of sidepipe which I think you will all quite like there will be some pictures of this in the next few weeks.

I'm interested... but I'll need them before 2017... :D

tonym
16-07-06, 02:44 AM
Well, I would say Tum-te-tum but I'd only be accused of being provocative again by some goody goody so i won't bother :cool:

robert
16-07-06, 04:21 PM
Well, I would say Tum-te-tum but I'd only be accused of being provocative again by some goody goody so i won't bother :cool:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

COBRA KEV01
16-07-06, 05:31 PM

Tony stop being provocative!

tonym
17-07-06, 05:53 AM
Tony stop being provocative!

Well here's a first........................... Kev, stop being a goody goody :eek:

westborne
17-07-06, 07:26 AM
It was great to see you Tony - Can't believe you would be provocative !!
(Neils burnt his blouse by the way !)

If a supplier has a problem - nomatter what reason - they are better off being communicative and getting the support of buyers - otherwise trust is broken and damage done !!

Tricky balance but better business practice in the long run

427scr
26-07-07, 07:39 AM
If this guy is as dodgy as he's sounds shouldn't someone who has been "Rogered" write an article for Snaketorque to warn other club members? Or am I being a bit naive on this subject?

Wouldn't trust him with a 10 foot barge pole!

he damaged my brother in laws freshly painted car by burning the wing with welding spatter whilst making an exhaust system and scratching the boot with the ramps on his trailer. Then denied that he had done it and refused to fix it. As a compromise, he did pay to fix the boot, but refused to admit to the wing, which clearly had a burn hole in it, right down to the glass.

He made a stainless cooling pipe for me, which had to go back twice as it was not made to the drawing and would not fit. It's fitted now, but it's still not quite right.

Likes a good lump of cash up front too.

zeb
26-07-07, 09:00 AM
Communication is key. If you start lying to people then you have lost the game.

If Roger is trying to fulfil his commitments despite problems then he would be better to tell them the truth. Perhaps a concerted effort to win back trust. I would have thought this would be key for his business.

I have chosen to use other suppliers based on comments from this forum.

Ho hum, why is nothing simple.....

tonym
26-07-07, 09:06 AM
I have chosen to use other suppliers based on comments from this forum.

Good move Zeb

mark
26-07-07, 09:39 AM
yes rodger and when you put up the pics of your new pipes please could you NOT USE A PICTURE OF MY WORK COS I KNOW WHAT MY KITCHEN LOOKS LIKE
you sir have the morals of a shit house rat

regards mark

ps please excuse the rant but i feel i have been violated and i have not had my bacon butty yet,see you all at silverstone

snakebite
26-07-07, 12:05 PM
yes rodger and when you put up the pics of your new pipes please could you NOT USE A PICTURE OF MY WORK COS I KNOW WHAT MY KITCHEN LOOKS LIKE

regards mark

ps please excuse the rant but i feel i have been violated and i have not had my bacon butty yet,see you all at silverstone

You are joking!!!! should be drummed out business...what about trade descriptions!

alfiebeard
26-07-07, 12:29 PM

regards mark

I have just pi~#-d myself laughing at this reply,:DThis supplier needs brought to task over this way of doing business, I often wondered why someones signature mentioned shinybits in a derogatory manner now I know.:-o

Alfie B

osgood
26-07-07, 04:05 PM
Why in Gods name do you pratts keep dealing with this Pilchard??? Have you not seen previous threads going back months in fact years on this idiott!!??

Osgood

Miket
26-07-07, 04:09 PM
Why in Gods name do you pratts keep dealing with this Pilchard??? Have you not seen previous threads going back months in fact years on this idiott!!??

Osgood

Don't hold back mate, you tell em. ;) ;) :D

Neil O
26-07-07, 04:54 PM
please excuse the rant but i feel i have been violated

Mark, you been camping with the South East crowd then? ;)

See you at Silverstone buddy. :D

Andy S
26-07-07, 05:02 PM
Watch it Neal the southeast mob are congregating in the morning for our invasion of Silverstone & Whittlebury Park........
You lot have been warned...
Mark I cant believe, actually yes I can, havnt seen you for a good while hope to catch up over the weekend.

tonym
26-07-07, 05:34 PM

regards mark

Mark. must try and meet up with you at Silverstone, heard a lot about you and would like to say hello

Purple AK
26-07-07, 05:38 PM
Back On Topic! If anyone knows of Rogers whereabouts? I know of at least one person who has won a Court Order against him for the return of Deposit/Lack of Goods. But needs a current address to point the Balliffs at ;)

dingocooke
26-07-07, 08:36 PM
last I heard he was still working out of the farm at Strelley

V8 BJC
26-07-07, 08:50 PM
You are joking!!!!

He is not. I have seen the pics and Marks Kitchen :shock:

tonym
26-07-07, 09:23 PM
Back On Topic! If anyone knows of Rogers whereabouts? I know of at least one person who has won a Court Order against him for the return of Deposit/Lack of Goods. But needs a current address to point the Balliffs at ;)

Chris, you should have an e-mail, let me know if you don't get it :D

Purple AK
26-07-07, 09:39 PM
Tone. The attachment won't open! Pm or text ;) And I'll pass it on :D

V8 BJC
27-07-07, 07:16 AM
Mark. must try and meet up with you at Silverstone, heard a lot about you and would like to say hello

Mark, hope Tone as heard only good things or you could be in trouble :mrgreen:

BLOKE
01-11-08, 08:47 PM
I think this problem will be self rectifying, on one is likely to perchase from this guy in the future.
Some one said why dont we place a warning in Snaketorque, good idea, write one and send it to Pete Jones, he is always looking for articles for the next issue.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

bluetoon
01-11-08, 09:24 PM
Holy old thread revival batman.

Dont think dodgy Rog has been trading for a while...too many peeps wanting a word with him.

alfiebeard
02-11-08, 12:12 PM
Holy old thread revival batman.

Dont think dodgy Rog has been trading for a while...too many peeps wanting a word with him.

ROFLMAO ABSOLUTELY CLASSIC HA HA.:-D:-D:-D
Alfie B

cobracol
19-01-09, 11:33 PM
Appologies for using this old thread could not figure out how to make new one, but i was wondering why i cant see a section that would be dedicated to people giving good service as well as bad, its unfortunatly to late for me i have already had to learn from some very expensive mistakes, mention no names (SmaX) and was nearly made cobraless by this person and threads like this one could have saved me thousands of pounds, I would really like to save others from making these mistakes, so i say thanks to people on this thread for pointing out any probs with suppliers Regards col

cobracol
19-01-09, 11:35 PM
Appologies for using this old thread could not figure out how to make new one, but i was wondering why i cant see a section that would be dedicated to people giving good service as well as bad, its unfortunatly to late for me i have already had to learn from some very expensive mistakes, mention no names (SmaX) and was nearly made cobraless by this person and threads like this one could have saved me thousands of pounds, I would really like to save others from making these mistakes, so i say thanks to people on this thread for pointing out any probs with suppliers Regards col