PDA

View Full Version : Membership Question

Trev Foster
28-06-06, 03:14 PM
I have just taken the plunge and bought my cobra. Will becoming a paid up member qualify me for discount at my insurance company as they have asked for proof of membership (card etc??)
At this moment they have offered me 10% could you please advise me if this club would qualify.
Sorry if the question is a bit newbish but that what I am at the mo

Cheers all
Trev

kayjayd
28-06-06, 03:18 PM
Welcome Trev. Post up some details of your car. Hope you enjoy it.

Cobra Replica Club membership certainly get's you discount with insurance companies.

Trev Foster
28-06-06, 03:41 PM
Thank you for that I was going to join a club but if I can get 10% off the insurance at the same time then i'm in.

As for the car it's coming tomorrow so as soon as I have some photos I will post them up!

Can't wait.
Trev

slogger
28-06-06, 04:33 PM
Welcome Trev.

Have fun with that new toy!:thumb:

Enjoy.

TINKA
28-06-06, 06:43 PM
Hi Trevor, and welcome hope fully see you at one of our meets some time all the dates are posted on the calendar and normally on the third Sunday of the month. Next one I believe is at Kimbolton if you want more info just PM me your Email address and I will add you to our mailing list then you will also get our monthly news letter.:thumb:

Purple AK
28-06-06, 06:53 PM
Hi Trev, Welcome :thumb:
Yes membership will get you discount with most insurance brokers. However I advise you to join the club online if you need to insure the Cob quickly. The snail mail/cheque method will take several weeks before you receive a membership no and card, due to the fact that nothing is done until your cheque has been cleared. However most insurers, Backford Bloor (for one) will accept your Paypal receipt as proof of membership. HTH

RAM427Cobra
28-06-06, 07:10 PM
Hope your membership arrives quicker than mine.

I have been fully paid up for 2 months, made 2 phone calls and a few posts and PM's on here. Still no card or number to date.:(

Don't want to put you off however as the information and help on the forum is well worth the membership alone.:drive:

Alan

slogger
28-06-06, 07:18 PM
Hope your membership arrives quicker than mine.

I have been fully paid up for 2 months, made 2 phone calls and a few posts and PM's on here. Still no card or number to date.:(

Don't want to put you off however as the information and help on the forum is well worth the membership alone.:drive:

Alan

Give it time and all will come together!:D :D Give Robert a PM to remind him and make sure your details are correct.

I joined in 1993 but my join date on here is 2006. What the hell.:D Its only a number.
(To be fair, that date is when I signed up to this site. Not the club).

Trev Foster
28-06-06, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I will pm you with my email details and I fully intend to take in a few meetings in the Midlands area. I will join on line after your advice and thanks once again for all your replies. Some details of the car are below

Dax Tojeiro
Built 2003 by D B Replicas
Chevy 5.7 (350)
2000 miles
It's the one currently used to advertise DB Replicas in the kitcar mags.

Just a quick aside, Dave at DB has been superbly helpful and has gone beyond the call of duty to ensure I got the right vehicle which considering he wasnt making a penny in the deal himself is breathtaking, needless to say I will be paying him a visit a buying him a pint or 3.

Cheers all
Trev

plod
28-06-06, 09:47 PM
Trev,

Check out, if you can AK Rich' posts that he has started. If anything it will get you used to the forum. He posted up this very subject on how being a club member could obtain discounts on insurance.

I'd post the link for you but I cant be ar5ed! :rotfl:

Useful though as the company I will be using and in fact the only company I can go with appears to offer discounts. Haven't followed it through, though it does say they do 10% disc.

plod
28-06-06, 09:49 PM
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16561

In fact there it is Trev. Hope you get some use.

runt
28-06-06, 09:55 PM
Thank you for that I was going to join a club but if I can get 10% off the insurance at the same time then i'm in.

As for the car it's coming tomorrow so as soon as I have some photos I will post them up!

Can't wait.
Trev
Hi Trev, if your weather is as nice as ours down here, what a time to commence Cob ownership! Enjoy and let us know how it feels.:thumb:
Paul/runt.

Trev Foster
29-06-06, 08:01 PM
The weather is fantastic the cars outside after its maiden run since owning it from 12 today. What an experience!!!!!! The sound, the feel the open air I would type more but im off to take the missus out in it.................