PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

Viper
11-09-06, 06:29 PM
Hi Iain, re your suspension did you say that at the correct ride height you had 1.5 inches of travel on the shocks??

A

Iain
11-09-06, 07:12 PM
Hi Iain, re your suspension did you say that at the correct ride height you had 1.5 inches of travel on the shocks??

A

That's about it. If I get the car set about ride height then the shock will have compressed about an inch. That will leave me a maximum of 1.5 inches of shock movement as the total stroke is 2.5 inches.

My opinion is that either the front is going to have to be incredibly stiff or I need a shock with a bigger stroke. I believe the AK is about 3.5 inch stroke. If I do get a bigger shock then that will mean that I have to redeisgn the lower shock mounts to allow the shock itself to drop through and then fix underneath (did that explain correctly) to allow for the greater distance between mounts.

Iain

Viper
11-09-06, 07:31 PM
I also have approx 1.5inches of travel and the car is set up hard, there is 1.25 gap between arch and tire, so the inside lip is cut off to reduce contact.

A

Iain
11-09-06, 07:53 PM
Thanks for that info. I may get away with the shocks I have then.

Can you remember What size your springs are? (length that is)
What engine do you have and what poundage are you running?

Many Thanks...

Iain

Viper
11-09-06, 08:56 PM
[quote:9b91827334="Iain"]Thanks for that info. I may get away with the shocks I have then.

Can you remember What size your springs are? (length that is)
What engine do you have and what poundage are you running?

Would have to come back on the springs info, engine 350 Chevy ali heads.

As to AVO shocks these are real budget end, any serious driving look to upgrade.

A