PDA

View Full Version : Build Progress

Iain
02-10-06, 10:56 PM
Just a quick update on the build. I got the stainless cladding on the inner wheel arches on and the radiator back in at the weekend (with Tinka's help) :thumb: I got the anti-roll bar back on this evening and hopefully the water system re-piped tomorrow evening. :)

I took this images with the quicklifts on but they will be off come SVA... :D

There's a few more pics on my web site now that I've done an update...

kevchard
09-10-06, 06:57 PM
Looking good Iain
Any ideas as to when SVA might be?
Cheers
Kevin

Iain
17-10-06, 03:27 PM
Any ideas as to when SVA might be?
Hopefully aiming for March 2007

Pending more problems... :confused:

Cheers...

wilf
17-10-06, 04:02 PM
Careful now Iain - that is starting to look like a car! :D
Wait 'til you slap a windscreen on it - that will make a big difference too!

kayjayd
17-10-06, 07:24 PM
It's looking good Iain. Love quicklifts, they're going on my car without a doubt. Your roll hoop looks a tad on the large side though.

osgood
17-10-06, 08:53 PM
It's looking good Iain. Love quicklifts, they're going on my car without a doubt. Your roll hoop looks a tad on the large side though.

That's cause he is a lanky old boy with large feet! :) Osgood.

Iain
17-10-06, 09:32 PM
Your roll hoop looks a tad on the large side though.
Actually, it's not fitted correctly. I just put it there so I didn't keep kicking it everytime I walked past the car. I don't want to put it in all the way as it's a complete b*****d to get out!

Wilf,

I need to get the body polished up a little before I fit the screen, though it is the next big leap forward! :D

Cheers...

Mr Bling
17-10-06, 09:41 PM
Iain
Looking good. You obviously got the shockers problem sorted. Have you been able to fire the engine up yet??:thumb: :drive:

Iain
17-10-06, 09:48 PM
I've had the engine runnnig a couple of times before it went away to be painted.... many moons ago.

It will need priming again before I start the engine again.

Yes, the front shocks are sorted. I've got the new shocks for the rear but not fitted them yet. The back end is actually sitting on my old front springs. That shows you how far out the back end was! :eek:

Cheers...

Dek
06-11-06, 10:23 PM
Just a quick update on the build. I got the stainless cladding on the inner wheel arches on and the radiator back in at the weekend (with Tinka's help) :thumb: I got the anti-roll bar back on this evening and hopefully the water system re-piped tomorrow evening. :)

I took this images with the quicklifts on but they will be off come SVA... :D

There's a few more pics on my web site now that I've done an update...

Hi Iain-looking good!
Do you have pics of how you fitted the inner wheel arches? Am about to fit some to my Viper and looking for ideas.
Cheers
Dek:thumb:

Iain
08-11-06, 05:57 PM
Do you have pics of how you fitted the inner wheel arches? Am about to fit some to my Viper and looking for ideas.

Derek,

The inner arches are not the easiest things to do and I'm fairly sure that if you've only got the stuff that came with the kit then you probably won't have enough. :(

I will upload some inner arch photos to my ezphotoshed account and post the URL here.

Regards

Dek
09-11-06, 09:18 AM
Thanks Iain

Dek
09-11-06, 09:21 AM
Thanks Iain
I have fitted the fibreglass mouldings that sit immediately behind the front wheels and was thinking of coming off these over the top of the wishbones to the front with ali.
Regards
Derek

Iain
29-11-06, 07:06 PM
Derek,

Sorry for the delay. I got sidelined... :rolleyes:

Here are my photo's :- http://cluster.ezphotoshed.com/users/Iain/galleries/596/index.html

Cheers...

kevchard
30-11-06, 07:10 AM
Hi Iain
Nice comprehensive set of photos that :).
Nice to see someone elses running gear covered in as much debris as ours is/was.
Nice cats in other gallery on your webspace. We have 12 3/4 cats.
Keep up the work.
Cheers
Kevin

steamyrotter
30-11-06, 11:39 PM
Iain

Thanks for those.

You have finally shown me what the two pieces of moulded fibreglass are for.
Back of the wheel arches.

That's been bugging me for a long time..

Cheers

osgood
01-12-06, 07:53 AM
Iain

Thanks for those.

You have finally shown me what the two pieces of moulded fibreglass are for.
Back of the wheel arches.

That's been bugging me for a long time..

Cheers

Steamy all good things come to those that wait, the men in white will be with you soon :) ;) Osgood :thumb:

wilf
01-12-06, 11:57 AM
Iain - more progress, that's great.

steamyrotter
02-12-06, 11:48 AM
Steamy all good things come to those that wait, the men in white will be with you soon :) ;) Osgood :thumb:

They have to catch me first.....
Hang on the door bells ringing....

Nice boots mate....

.................................................. ...................................AAARRRGGHHHH
:eek:

Dek
02-12-06, 08:00 PM
Derek,

Sorry for the delay. I got sidelined... :rolleyes:

Here are my photo's :- http://cluster.ezphotoshed.com/users/Iain/galleries/596/index.html

Cheers...
Hi Iain
No probs with the delay but many thanks for sending such a good set of photos. Since I last posted I have been thinking it might be a shame to make the inner wheel arch coverings permanent because it gives so much more access to the manifolds etc. I was thinking of ali (because I do not have the f/glass panels) and slotting them into a channel bonded/sikoflexed to the top inner wings. I can see from your photos what shape I should be aiming for. Well done and thanks a lot.

Iain
03-12-06, 09:35 AM
Hi Iain
No probs with the delay but many thanks for sending such a good set of photos. Since I last posted I have been thinking it might be a shame to make the inner wheel arch coverings permanent because it gives so much more access to the manifolds etc. I was thinking of ali (because I do not have the f/glass panels) and slotting them into a channel bonded/sikoflexed to the top inner wings. I can see from your photos what shape I should be aiming for. Well done and thanks a lot.

Derek,

A word of warning mate. Having the inner arches fibreglassed into the body and then rigidly fixed to the chassis greatly increases the strength of the body when fitted. I have still used steel braces and supports where possible but I believe it still needs the arches and body becoming one solid piece. Having your Ally arches just sikaflexed to the body may cause you problems with the strength of the body (cracking etc.) in the future.

Have a chat with Bob Busbridge at Cobretti. He should be able to supply you with the inner arch panels. Let me know if you want his contact details.

Just a thought...

Dek
03-12-06, 03:00 PM
Hi Iain
That thought had crossed my mind. The front of the body is not located on much, the major load could be placed on the tubes going throught the body locating the front 'bumper'. I think I had better give this more thought and contact Bob Busbridge for his advice. Is his e-mail address www.cobrettiV8.co.uk ? I've moved on to another job at the moment-I've had the seats and door panels covered in leather now I'm not happy with the dash so I've just spent ages labelling the wiring and removed it. As you know if you need time to think there is always something else to do!
Thanks for your help and advice-much appeciated.
Regards
Derek

Iain
05-12-06, 12:32 PM
Derek,

Bob Busbridge's website at Cobretti is http://www.cobrettiviperv8.com/main.html

It's not the easiest of sites to navigate but there should be a contact address for him. If you have no luck then let me know. I think I have his telephone number somewhere... :thumb:

Dek
06-12-06, 07:40 PM
Thanks Iain
I'll try to contact Bob. If I ever learn how to attach photos I'll send you some of my Viper.
Cheers
Derek:confused:

choogh
06-12-06, 07:52 PM
I trust you will not want to "qucklift" with them...there not structural to the chassis.. are they ???:rolleyes:
Charlie;)

Iain
06-12-06, 10:41 PM
I trust you will not want to "qucklift" with them...there not structural to the chassis.. are they ???:rolleyes:
Charlie;)

Nope! Just a bit of bling... :D

And not SVA friendly either.... They shall be off for that!

Cheers...

steamyrotter
26-04-07, 10:16 PM
Hey Iain

Gone a bit quiet.

How you getting on???

Iain
26-04-07, 11:52 PM
Hi There All,

Yes it has gone a bit quiet. Unfortunately I have had some fairly serious family problems that are still being sorted out.

As for the car, I've got the front loom (lights) and the engine loom wired up but I need to insert some relays in some strategic places as the loom I bought did not come with ANY!

I would post some pics but I'm sure that you all wouldn't be interested in seeing the engine bay with a few wires on it!

I should be doing the dash next week and that will be something worth photographing...

I'll be back later with pics!

Cheers...