PDA

View Full Version : cob-web run

dave.n
14-12-06, 08:13 PM
The Annual Cob-web Run is scheduled for Thursday the 28th of December.

The Plan is as always, to meet at the Grasshopper and convoy down to the Woodman.

Father Christmas will not be there as he will be totally knackered by this time. If you have a stupid hat then wear it.

The meeting time is 11:00am.
Slightly earlier than last year, however we will probably still have to wait for ages for any food you wish to order.

The idea of the cob-web run is for all that can make it to get together, chat and have a laugh. Maybe discuss a few of the things we would like to do for 2007.

Have a great Christmas :thumb:

crendonman
14-12-06, 10:07 PM
Dave,

AT LAST!! - A meet that I can make!!

I'm in the country, I have a car, I'm free that day. WOOHOOO!!

I will be there!! :D :thumb:

Miket
14-12-06, 10:18 PM
Dave,

AT LAST!! - A meet that I can make!!

I'm in the country, I have a car, I'm free that day. WOOHOOO!!

I will be there!! :D :thumb:

Hi Dave, long time no speak, glad the car's back where it belongs.:thumb: :thumb:

westborne
15-12-06, 06:22 AM
Nice to see you back Dave !!

Robin427
15-12-06, 09:30 AM
Just remembered, my parents are coming round on that day, don't think I'll be able to make it :(

Clarkson
15-12-06, 01:29 PM
I'll be there if the baby has not yet shown up!!:confused:

dave.n
17-12-06, 07:13 PM
Be great to see you Crendonman.
Dave C bring the baby along even if he/she is an hour old.
Robin bring the parents, we can find a quiet corner.
Even if you can't bring the cob, it don't matter. As I said it's being there.:thumb:

Robin427
17-12-06, 07:17 PM
Change of plan - I can make it!! :D

Miket
17-12-06, 07:22 PM
Change of plan - I can make it!! :D

Nice one, tell them your working, then go for a blast in the Cob. ;) :D :thumb:

dave.n
17-12-06, 07:25 PM
So who's got a stupid hat to wear.
Has anyone got the bottle ????????????????????????????:cool:

tonym
17-12-06, 09:02 PM

I wore a Santa hat all the way down last year Dave, got some strange looks I can tell you :eek::eek::cool:

Andy S
17-12-06, 09:47 PM
Tony are you sure thats the only reason they were giving you funny looks :eek: :eek: :eek:

Robin427
18-12-06, 09:06 AM
As long as a stupid hat covers my giant ears, I'll wear it...

...I imagine it's going to be blo*dy cold!!

dave.n
18-12-06, 04:17 PM
Robin
You got the sheepskin now wear it like a man. :p

shadow
18-12-06, 05:06 PM
Sorry to say I wont be able to make it. Gotta work. Was looking forward to hearing the hungry tummies rumbling again.:p :D
Robin, looks like you'll have to take the (a GD owner) flack on your own. Sorry buddy.:thumb:

If work gets cancelled, I'll be there! ;)

Have a good time chaps.

Purple AK
18-12-06, 05:15 PM
Sorry to say I wont be able to make it. Gotta work. Was looking forward to hearing the hungry tummies rumbling again.
Robin, looks like you'll have to take the (a GD owner) flack on your own. Sorry buddy.:thumb:

If work gets cancelled, I'll be there! ;)

Have a good time chaps.

He's getting used to it ;) :D

Robin427
22-12-06, 02:57 PM
He's getting used to it ;) :D

I thought you were all laughing with me... :( :(

dave.n
22-12-06, 06:17 PM
Robin
We just laugh
If your in the line of fire, sorry it's not personal.
Putting the records straight, we welcome GD's, in fact any shape of cobra replica. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Robin427
23-12-06, 09:16 AM
I still cry myself to sleep every night...:boohoo:

One thing I'll say about my GD... the heater isn't all that great... will be well wrapped up on 28th!!

dave.n
23-12-06, 04:01 PM
At least you got a heater:(

Wingnut
23-12-06, 04:31 PM

all the the silly hats in one place. Have a SAFE cob run :drive:

http://autos.ninebean.com/cobraclub/crc_images/7292.jpg

http://members.skyweb.net/pmershon-cgi-bin/hatthumb.cgi

Robin427
23-12-06, 05:08 PM
I've got a very silly hat to wear, first time I'll have worn it in anger!! :D

dave.n
24-12-06, 08:45 AM
Are you sure it's to be worn in anger and not with pride:eek:

Robin427
24-12-06, 08:52 AM
You wait until you see it!!! :D

wilf
24-12-06, 11:03 AM
I have to take the MIL back to Tunbridge Wells on the 28th. Won't be in the Cob, but I guess I could meet up with you miscreants if you aren't too far away - where will you be and when?

Purple AK
24-12-06, 01:04 PM
Hi Wilf.
We will be at the Grasshopper Westerham http://www.grasshopperinn.co.uk/findus.htm from 11am, Moving off to the Woodman Ide Hill for 12ish http://www.thewoodman-idehill.co.uk/findus.htm Be Good to see you :thumb:

tonym
24-12-06, 02:34 PM
I have to take the MIL back to Tunbridge Wells on the 28th. Won't be in the Cob, but I guess I could meet up with you miscreants if you aren't too far away - where will you be and when?

'ere, who you calling a miscreant?? :cool:

wilf
24-12-06, 03:00 PM
You, for a start............:D

gareth08
24-12-06, 07:34 PM
So,
Who is actually going this???

If I can make it it won't be in the Cob:(

Unless a miracle happens:rolleyes:

Purple AK
24-12-06, 07:46 PM
So,
Who is actually going to this???

Most of the Midlands Crew by the look of it :eek: :thumb: Plus the usual SE retrobates :D

TINKA
24-12-06, 08:52 PM
Love to go but I am back at work :( :(

gareth08
24-12-06, 09:36 PM
Love to go but I am back at work :( :(

Please don't swear at this festive time of year:eek: :p

Andy S
24-12-06, 09:51 PM
Martin I know how you feel:( :(
If we can we will see you there but not in the cob as its still undergoing surgery:eek: :eek:

dave.n
26-12-06, 12:12 AM
Anyone got a timing light light and knows how to check my timing (I havent got a clue) AND WHO WILL BE THERE ON THURSDAY.

Pop, bang,bang, pop, pop, pop, bang, bang........ get the idea:mad: :mad:

Clarkson
26-12-06, 12:57 AM
Anyone got a timing light light and knows how to check my timing (I havent got a clue) AND WHO WILL BE THERE ON THURSDAY.

Pop, bang,bang, pop, pop, pop, bang, bang........ get the idea:mad: :mad:

Hi dave,I have one, phone me wed and i'll get my timing light from work and check it for you.:thumb:

dave.n
26-12-06, 01:14 AM
Cheers Dave
Yep I'll try to remind you, busy day for me wed.
I was wondering if I should go the elctronic ignition route. I'll have to look into it. Ask loads of questions.

John Twydle
26-12-06, 07:14 AM
New to the Club with a Dax Cobra, where is the Grasshopper would like to make the run if I can.

Purple AK
26-12-06, 08:23 AM
Hi John. Welcome :thumb: The Grasshopper is on the A25 just west of Westerham http://www.grasshopperinn.co.uk/findus.htm Hope to see you there :thumb:

Robin427
26-12-06, 08:40 AM
Cheers Dave
Yep I'll try to remind you, busy day for me wed.
I was wondering if I should go the elctronic ignition route. I'll have to look into it. Ask loads of questions.

Bung an LS2 in there!!! :D :D

tonym
26-12-06, 09:02 AM
According to the weather reports I've just seen, it shows rain for Thursday, anyone got a better weather site for me to look at? :D

Weather permitting I'll be there with, possibly, some more from the Midlands :thumb:

Robin427
26-12-06, 09:06 AM
According to the weather reports I've just seen, it shows rain for Thursday, anyone got a better weather site for me to look at? :D

Weather permitting I'll be there with, possibly, some more from the Midlands :thumb:

BBC site says sunny on Thursday...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3682

...better pack for heavy rain then :D :D

dave.n
26-12-06, 01:22 PM
Bung an LS2 in there!!! :D :D

WHAT ON EARTH FOR.........I wanna go forwards not backwards?????????????????:p

V8 BJC
27-12-06, 10:20 AM
Hi to all. Emz and I will be there. Looking forward to getting out :drive:

And I have had a new hair do especially for the occasion :D

Andy S
27-12-06, 10:54 AM
Are you going to share it with us Brian :eek: or are you keeping it as a surprise for tomorrow ???

V8 BJC
27-12-06, 11:04 AM
Just want to look my best for you guys ;)

V8 BJC
27-12-06, 11:06 AM
Robin - do ya fancy meeting up at the Garden Centre opposite Effingham Park?

dave.n
27-12-06, 01:23 PM
I have just spoken to the woodman and reminded them we are coming.

So as in previous years, anything can happen.:eek:
We will once again have the use of upstairs and probably a twenty hour wait for anything to eat or drink.:o

So hey just remember it's Christmas and it's the being there that counts.:D :drive:

See you all tomorow and drive safely even if you have to bring your daily runarounds.

dave.n
27-12-06, 01:47 PM
Just noticed this thread has 1,167 views.

I hope they don't all turn up in one go. Can you imagine the woodman coping with that amount of dinners.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Andy S
27-12-06, 07:25 PM
Danny I see you are logged on for a change, any chance you might be rumbling along tomorrow ???

danny b
27-12-06, 07:43 PM
Danny I see you are logged on for a change, any chance you might be rumbling along tomorrow ???

Hi guys

Gotta work tomorrow:( :( if i can have a curly i'll see u in the afternoon some time

wilf
28-12-06, 03:13 PM
Ah well - even if you Southern lot haven't got any better looking since the last time I saw you at Duxford, (ladies excepted, of course)it was still good to put in a flying visit and say hallo again.

Robin - look after that ickle doggy-woggy, CrendonMan - good luck in Dubai, and the very best Midlands wishes for 2007 to everyone.

Andy S
28-12-06, 04:17 PM
Wilf glad you made it, shame about the rest of your area :p
Mind you there were a few odd ones today, santa turned up in a white one and some funny looking bloke with Blue hair :D :D :thumb:

slogger
28-12-06, 06:07 PM
Nice to meet up with some of you at The Grasshopper today. Friendly bunch and a good opportunity to put names to faces. Hope you all had a good run.

Clarkson, did you get the phone call, or is all still on for the 6th? Best wishes mate. You'll find it a piece of cake.:thumb:

Bit of a flying visit as passing through the Edenbridge area. Marked white van with an 'active tracker' in a pub carpark around lunch time doesn't go down well!

:thumb: :thumb:

dave.n
28-12-06, 07:08 PM
Great to see you lot today.
To add to the enjoyment of the day nobody had to wait very long for food. Heinz had his staff lay the tables around for us and I thought a really nice afternoon.
A tad chilly on the way home, but uneventfull. The Lucy and I wish you all a happy new year. As soon as I've worked out my new camera I'll post some pics.
:thumb: :thumb:

Purple AK
28-12-06, 07:23 PM
Great to see you lot today.
To add to the enjoyment of the day nobody had to wait very long for food. Heinz had his staff lay the tables around for us and I thought a really nice afternoon.
Ditto. And I have to say the food has improved :thumb: Nice to see all the usual suspects and some new faces :thumb: Oh, And Wilf :D
Have a Great New Year Everyone :drive:

dave.n
28-12-06, 07:54 PM
Got one to go

Clarkson
28-12-06, 08:04 PM
Nice to meet up with some of you at The Grasshopper today. Friendly bunch and a good opportunity to put names to faces. Hope you all had a good run.

Clarkson, did you get the phone call, or is all still on for the 6th? Best wishes mate. You'll find it a piece of cake.:thumb:

Bit of a flying visit as passing through the Edenbridge area. Marked white van with an 'active tracker' in a pub carpark around lunch time doesn't go down well!

Nice to see meet you today M8!:thumb:

No phone call for me yet mate.....

Happy new year from Helen and I!:thumb:

Purple AK
28-12-06, 08:41 PM
Oops Forgot to say! Nice to see that Bilko CAN get up in the morning ;) :thumb:

slogger
28-12-06, 09:55 PM
Nice to see meet you today M8!:thumb:

No phone call for me yet mate.....

Happy new year from Helen and I!:thumb:

Happy New Year! Hmm, you have a Helen too!;)

V8 BJC
29-12-06, 10:28 AM
Wilf glad you made it, shame about the rest of your area :p
Mind you there were a few odd ones today, santa turned up in a white one and some funny looking bloke with Blue hair :D :thumb:

BEWARE - thats what happens when you eat too much turkey and wash down with too many mixed drinks during the festive period :o

Good to see everyone yesterday, super drive out and good food as well.

Happy new year to you all.

And thanks to Robin for fixing my wipers. Amazing what happens when you plug the motor in - doh!!!

Robin427
29-12-06, 11:07 AM
Good to see everyone, especially as it didn't rain!!
Brian, it was a pleasure - hope you can repair the paint chips in your bonnet!!
Wilf, will do - busy preparing the house for his arrival...
I'm working now until the New Year but see some of you next month and onwards!!!
http://www.creffield.plus.com/stuff/Puppy/DSC00048.JPG

Clarkson
29-12-06, 12:19 PM
Robin,what Emma needs is a baby not a dog!!:rolleyes::rotfl:

Robin427
29-12-06, 04:07 PM
You can shut up, Clarkson... :D

Dutch Paul
29-12-06, 04:12 PM
You can shut up, Clarkson... :D

He could, but he probably won`t :D

Wingnut
30-12-06, 01:50 PM
Was looking forward to go on the cob web run but my boyfriend is doing his bird imitations..........................he's watching me like a hawk :eek:

wilf
30-12-06, 03:19 PM
That was a shame - you could have shown me those photos....... ;)

Andy S
30-12-06, 07:39 PM
Wilf if you get the photos dont forget who your mates are will you :D :thumb:
despite turning up in the tin top the other day I can now report that progress is being made, spent the day with the man Gareth and nearside headers are complete and ready to install, offside cut and ready for final assembly etc. Rad is done and fans refurbed all ready to install, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks the green monster will be back on the road :drive: :drive: