08-01-07, 07:48 AM
The SE mid week monthly meet.

Knights Park Leisure Development
Knights Farm Industrial Estate
Longbridge Road
Tunbridge Wells
Kent
TN2 3UW
http://snaketorque.co.uk/smf/Smileys/alive/buddies.gif http://snaketorque.co.uk/smf/Smileys/alive/checkeredflag.gif http://snaketorque.co.uk/smf/Smileys/alive/buddies.gif
Second wednesday evening of the month
7-30PM onwards
As always everyone is welcome cob or no cob.
SEE YA THERE !!!

dave.n
09-01-07, 05:53 PM
Not sure if I can get there yet?????????????

Andy S, Hasn't done me a favour yet ???????????????????

slogger
09-01-07, 06:31 PM
Not sure if I can get there yet?????????????

Andy S, Hasn't done me a favour yet ???????????????????

I can't make it as I'm on call! Have fun those who attend:thumb:

Andy S
09-01-07, 07:08 PM
Done my best mate, the texts have been wizzing across cyberspace.
Hope to see you there.....

gareth08
10-01-07, 04:30 PM
Is anyone actually going tonight then or not.

A few of us are going to go to the Malt Inn at Aylesford if no-one is going to Tonbridge.

If anyone wants to go either PM me or give me a ring etc

Miket
10-01-07, 04:34 PM
If anyone wants to go either PM me or give me a ring etc

Heare you are mate.

tonym
10-01-07, 05:31 PM
Does this mean you two are going steady? :eek::rolleyes:

Miket
10-01-07, 05:36 PM
Does this mean you two are going steady? :rolleyes:

Your only jealous. :eek: :D :thumb:

dave.n
10-01-07, 09:37 PM
As previously mentioned I just couldn't go tonight. Hope all that did get a chance to go had a good time.
I know a couple of the guys had a drink nearer home tonight. How many actually attended?
Having a wonder weather we should only have this meet during the summer when the weather is better and it's not dark. It's definately central to our area and it's midweek as requested.
I would like it to carry on but if their is any other opinions please let me know.

So far it's been a great success in my view as their has always been more than one person there (that's how billy no mates came about).:D :D

j9kks
10-01-07, 10:15 PM
Hi Dave there was 4 who came to our drink or meet nearer home, Not yet known who actually went to knights place

j9kks
10-01-07, 10:19 PM
sorry Dave i think it should have been Knights Farm:D :D :D

dave.n
11-01-07, 06:11 AM
Good to hear from you jack.
Does that mean your gonna start a new section of the club????
The Medway Town boys....:p :p :D

j9kks
11-01-07, 09:09 PM
I ll take that as a joke dave:rotfl: :rotfl: because if i had more time on my hands id be out driving :drive: my cob Machincal fittness permiting:mad:

slogger
11-01-07, 10:05 PM
I ll take that as a joke dave:rotfl: :rotfl: because if i had more time on my hands id be out driving :drive: my cob Machincal fittness permiting:mad:

So how many went to Knights Farm?

gareth08
12-01-07, 04:48 PM
So how many went to Knights Farm?

Er,

None:eek: (that I know off)

Why drive all the way to Tonbridge when 90% of the people who bother to go all live within 5 to 10 miles of Maidstone;)

Just my opinion of course:thumb:

j9kks
12-01-07, 07:44 PM
I think unless more people show more interest in the mid meet meet then it will probably come to an end:mad: :mad:

j9kks
12-01-07, 07:45 PM
Sorry must be the wine, I was supposed to write Mid Week Meet:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

gareth08
12-01-07, 07:47 PM
Sorry must be the wine, I was supposed to write Mid Week Meet:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i think it will come to end in Tonbridge if no one bothers to turn up there:(

j9kks
12-01-07, 07:48 PM
so gareth what do you think to daves suggestion a Medway boys region:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Purple AK
12-01-07, 08:07 PM
I think unless more people show more interest in the mid meet meet then it will probably come to an end:mad: :mad:

i think it will come to end in Tonbridge if no one bothers to turn up there:(

Guys. It is the middle of Winter and frankly knowone really wants to get home from a Wet and Windy day at work! Get Showered and Changed, and drive 25 miles in the Dark, Rain and Wind! Maybe this might work in the Summer but at the moment..............

gareth08
12-01-07, 09:50 PM
so gareth what do you think to daves suggestion a Medway boys region:D :rolleyes:

I think it might happen as there are now 15+ of us (that I know of) just in and around the Medway/Maidstone area and that's just Cobras:eek: either finished or in the process of.

Very few of them go or have gone to either Tonbridge or Westerham as it's to far , wrong time day etc.(not going over it again) but would maybe go if it were more local.

We'll have to wait and see:thumb:

Purple AK
12-01-07, 10:04 PM
I think it might happen as there are now 15+ of us (that I know of) just in and around the Medway/Maidstone area and that's just Cobras:eek: either finished or in the process of.

Very few of them go or have gone to either Tonbridge or Westerham as it's to far , wrong time day etc.(not going over it again) but would maybe go if it were more local.

We'll have to wait and see:thumb:
SE Region. Local to who? You Guys asked for an alternative to Sunday Meet cos it wasn't convenient! Now it's too far! FFS! What DO you Want? :mad: :mad:

gareth08
12-01-07, 10:14 PM
SE Region. Local to who? You Guys asked for an alternative to Sunday Meet cos it wasn't convenient! Now it's too far! FFS! What DO you Want? :mad: :mad:

Chris,

Not going over this again.Been there done that and got ????????????????? (also it isn't/wasn't JUST a case of distance as you have put but a combination of things)

All I will add is that if the only people who bother to go are those that live in or around Medway/Maidstone then why drive a 70 mile + round trip to Tonbridge when everyone could do a 10 mile round trip with maybe a little drive about as well.

Just seems to make more sense.:thumb:

j9kks
12-01-07, 10:32 PM
I think you summed it up there gareth, I dont mind driving to tonbridge wells if there is people there from that end , but when most of the people that have been there come from our end then it seems pointless to drive 60 miles to have a drink when I can do it down the road, I know the time of year has a lot to do with it, but a meet is a meet, I know I dont go to the sunday meet's but thats to do with my work loads and family ties but thats old news. hence why I was one who asked for a mid week but so did a lot of others from what I have heard?

dave.n
13-01-07, 12:29 AM
"quote" All I will add is that if the only people who bother to go are those that live in or around Medway/Maidstone then why drive a 70 mile + round trip to Tonbridge when everyone could do a 10 mile round trip with maybe a little drive about as well.""

A tad wrong me thinks Gareth. I have to apologise and I'm willing to stand corrected but 8 of the 10 people there on the first meet were not from anywhere near the medway towns. On the second meet Andy say's it was well attended by all. On the third meet 5 out of the 8 people were not from the medway towns either.

Last wednesday was just a victim of circumstances.

At no time is anyone expected to turn up. just like any other meet. As is always the case most will make it if they can.
As I said on the phone most people know where the meet is so how can it be changed at short notice. The other problem is that this is always going to be a small attendance meet as it's during the week on cold, wet, dark nights at this time of year. There is no way of knowing who is going and who is not.

I can't guarantee how many and who, it's up to you guy's to turn up to make a meet. Am I right????????????:confused:

We've only had four meets and look at us.
A dax wasn't built in a day..........or has it??????????? Dave.

gareth08
13-01-07, 11:00 AM
"quote" All I will add is that if the only people who bother to go are those that live in or around Medway/Maidstone then why drive a 70 mile + round trip to Tonbridge when everyone could do a 10 mile round trip with maybe a little drive about as well.""

A tad wrong me thinks Gareth. I have to apologise and I'm willing to stand corrected but 8 of the 10 people there on the first meet were not from anywhere near the medway towns. On the second meet Andy say's it was well attended by all. On the third meet 5 out of the 8 people were not from the medway towns either.

Last wednesday was just a victim of circumstances.

At no time is anyone expected to turn up. just like any other meet. As is always the case most will make it if they can.
As I said on the phone most people know where the meet is so how can it be changed at short notice. The other problem is that this is always going to be a small attendance meet as it's during the week on cold, wet, dark nights at this time of year. There is no way of knowing who is going and who is not.

I can't guarantee how many and who, it's up to you guy's to turn up to make a meet. Am I right????????????:confused:

We've only had four meets and look at us.
A dax wasn't built in a day..........or has it??????????? Dave.

Sorry Dave gotta disagree here mate,

I have been to 2 of the 3 and as I was there I can safely say that on the first one I attended 4 out of the 5 (excluding partners etc) were from Medway/Maidstone and on the second one 3 of the 6 were from here one from east sussex , yourself and one more I don't know were there from.

The point is that the majority were from this area and no-one was from the Tonbridge area at all so why drive all the way to Tonbridge to see people who live much closer to Maidstone.(also I belive there are more people living in or around Medway who would maybe attend a more local meet.Around 15 or so that I know of)

You'r correct whith regards to the weather though which again is why some people may prefer to be a little closer to home at this time of year or maybe in the summer meeting closer to home and going for a drive out rather than having a 70+ mile trip just to get to a meeting point in the first place.

I have no wish to turn this into a debate on the merits etc of where , why, when and how but am just trying to give other options that may or may not intrest people due to the location , time etc nor do I wish to try and divide any region etc up but I am willing to try and organise something based in or around Medway/Maidstone if people are intrested.That is not to say that anyone who wishes to go has any issue with the SE region or it's location but more to do with practicalitys etc if they are intrested.

Maybe people who would like a more local meet would be willing to say on here if they would like it or not (without being slated for it) so that we could gauge the intrest to see if it would work and the options associted with it or they could PM me direct if they prefer.

There are a few other things that could maybe happen as well with having almost an area within an area but there firstly we need to see if it would work and I'm to slow at typing to go into that now:o

slogger
13-01-07, 11:04 AM
Sorry Dave gotta disagree here mate,

I have been to 2 of the 3 and as I was there I can safely say that on the first one I attended 4 out of the 5 (excluding partners etc) were from Medway/Maidstone and on the second one 3 of the 6 were from here one from east sussex , yourself and one more I don't know were there from.

The point is that the majority were from this area and no-one was from the Tonbridge area at all so why drive all the way to Tonbridge to see people who live much closer to Maidstone.(also I belive there are more people living in or around Medway who would maybe attend a more local meet.Around 15 or so that I know of)

You'r correct whith regards to the weather though which again is why some people may prefer to be a little closer to home at this time of year or maybe in the summer meeting closer to home and going for a drive out rather than having a 70+ mile trip just to get to a meeting point in the first place.

I have no wish to turn this into a debate on the merits etc of where , why, when and how but am just trying to give other options that may or may not intrest people due to the location , time etc nor do I wish to try and divide any region etc up but I am willing to try and organise something based in or around Medway/Maidstone if people are intrested.That is not to say that anyone who wishes to go has any issue with the SE region or it's location but more to do with practicalitys etc if they are intrested.

Maybe people who would like a more local meet would be willing to say on here if they would like it or not (without being slated for it) so that we could gauge the intrest to see if it would work and the options associted with it or they could PM me direct if they prefer.

There are a few other things that could maybe happen as well with having almost an area within an area but there firstly we need to see if it would work and I'm to slow at typing to go into that now:o

Gareth, congratulations. you managed to type that lot before the time out. Well done!:rotfl:

slogger
13-01-07, 11:28 AM
Dave, Gareth. Maybe the SE region is just too big to have an evening meet in one place ie. Knights Park/Farm..... Our mid day meet at the Grasshopper gives a better time frame, be it that some members end up making a day of it.

As I have said before, the club meets used to be at the Tommy Wyatt in Maidstone and they normally had a good turn out all year round. Some of the East Kent coast guys would turn up. (Don't know how many there are these days) I would expect that Tonbridge would be just too far for most Kent members east of the Medway Towns for an evening meet anyway. Maybe they could post here and give their opinions......please.

As long as our main meet takes place does it matter if smaller groups get together once in a while?

I'll shut up now.

plod
13-01-07, 11:38 AM
I think it should be in Heathfield :D

gareth08
13-01-07, 04:07 PM
Dave, Gareth. Maybe the SE region is just too big to have an evening meet in one place ie. Knights Park/Farm..... Our mid day meet at the Grasshopper gives a better time frame, be it that some members end up making a day of it.

As I have said before, the club meets used to be at the Tommy Wyatt in Maidstone and they normally had a good turn out all year round. Some of the East Kent coast guys would turn up. (Don't know how many there are these days) I would expect that Tonbridge would be just too far for most Kent members east of the Medway Towns for an evening meet anyway. Maybe they could post here and give their opinions......please.

As long as our main meet takes place does it matter if smaller groups get together once in a while?

I'll shut up now.

Thank you Ian:thumb:

That is exactly my point.not trying to get rid of the main meet just give a more local option if people want it.

slogger
13-01-07, 05:33 PM

I'll shut up now.

Should read Tunbridge, as in Tunbridge Wells. Even further away!;)

robinj66
13-01-07, 09:19 PM
I think it should be in Heathfield :D

So long as you've got spare beds and beer on tap, i'll go for that:thumb:

Oh, and some dancing girls would be good too;)

And crisps:)

Andy S
14-01-07, 07:38 PM
Paul, put some fuel in it you tight git and then go out and DRIVE it instead of just doing donuts in the village hall car park :D :D :rotfl:

Purple AK
14-01-07, 08:13 PM
No reason why you Medway boys shouldn't arrange a meet nearer to you. You are after all, all adults and can arrange to meet at anytime. The whole and only reason that Knights Park was set up is because some of you expressed a need for a meet alternative to the normal monthly meet. Knights Park was, and still is Central to ALL members in the region. Yes there has been a lack of response to the last 3 meets, But it is the middle of winter! And I for one don't relish driving out in the dark/wet/windy evenings if I don't need to! I do feel that maybe the area is too big. But I also feel that you have not given the venue enough time to get established as a meeting place. I certainly wouldn't ever entertain doing a 90 mile round trip to Maidstone even in the summer. I can go to my local and meet my mates 5 miles up the road. But I thought this was the SE Region of the CRC!! Maybe I disunderstood!!

gareth08
14-01-07, 08:47 PM
Contradictory words there Chris :confused: but hey never mind.

With regards to this I have spoken to Dave n today and an alternative option for those wishing to go has been arranged and once finalized will be posted here over the next day or so :thumb:

Purple AK
14-01-07, 09:11 PM
Contradictory words there Chris :confused: but hey never mind.

With regards to this I have spoken to Dave n today and an alternative option for those wishing to go has been arranged and once finalized will be posted here over the next day or so :thumb:
Contradictory Words? Don't think so! What you propose takes a midweek meet out of bounds for most of the SE Region! But if you Medway Guys want a local meet it is up to you. As I said You are all adults and you can meet whenever you want. Just don't advertise it as a SE Regional Meet. Cos it isn't. I have also spoken to Dave today. So I know what he told you!

gareth08
14-01-07, 09:56 PM
Contradictory Words? Don't think so! What you propose takes a midweek meet out of bounds for most of the SE Region! But if you Medway Guys want a local meet it is up to you. As I said You are all adults and you can meet whenever you want. Just don't advertise it as a SE Regional Meet. Cos it isn't. I have also spoken to Dave today. So I know what he told you!

Chris,
I haven't really got the time or inclanation to argue with you on what you said.What you have posted is in black and white.

With regard to your comment on what anything can or cannot be advertised as is irrelavant.A meet for a group of people can be called whatever it is wheather you like it or not mate.If someone choose to call it the midweek Maidstone meet for the SE region then thats what it would be called.I don't belive you have exclusive marketing rights to use a phrase.I have said I had spoken to Dave but I did not say what had been said just that an alternative option would be made available so the comment about I know what Dave told you is irrelavant.:confused:

As you have rightly said if the guys in this area choose to arrange a local meet that is more convieinent for those that wish to go then they will.That doesn't mean that they are not part of the SE region just that they may chose not to go to Westerham or Tonbridge.That is unless you are trying to say otherwise.

On a final point yourself and Dave have said on a number of occasions if you're not happy with something then organise an alternative yourselves.

So we are:thumb: :D

Purple AK
14-01-07, 10:19 PM
Chris,
I haven't really got the time or inclanation to argue with you on what you said.What you have posted is in black and white.

With regard to your comment on what anything can or cannot be advertised as is irrelavant.A meet for a group of people can be called whatever it is wheather you like it or not mate.If someone choose to call it the midweek Maidstone meet for the SE region then thats what it would be called.I don't belive you have exclusive marketing rights to use a phrase.I have said I had spoken to Dave but I did not say what had been said just that an alternative option would be made available so the comment about I know what Dave told you is irrelavant.:confused:

As you have rightly said if the guys in this area choose to arrange a local meet that is more convieinent for those that wish to go then they will.That doesn't mean that they are not part of the SE region just that they may chose not to go to Westerham or Tonbridge.That is unless you are trying to say otherwise.

On a final point yourself and Dave have said on a number of occasions if you're not happy with something then organise an alternative yourselves.

So we are:thumb:
All I am saying is that everytime there is a dispute as to where we should meet It always iminates from you Gareth. And I am big enough and old enough to let it go over my head! Have fun at your local meets :thumb: But don't drag the rest of us down to your level ;)

Miket
14-01-07, 10:20 PM
THREAD CLOSED :boohoo: :boohoo: :thumb: :thumb:

Purple AK
14-01-07, 10:23 PM
THREAD CLOSED :thumb:
Relavent :rolleyes: ;) :thumb:

Andy S
14-01-07, 10:45 PM
Hang on a minute guys.
I was one of the main instigators in the midweek meet, in response to several requests, including mine & Michelle's personal preference.
After a lot of nonsence on the original thread Dave and I elected to find a venue and take it from there.
We chose Knights Park as it was CENTRAL to the region as a whole.
HOWEVER it was also on the understanding that if it didnt work and the general consensus was to try somewhere else then we would.
So whats wrong with trying the Maidstone area, if the majority of the people attending the midweek meet are from that area, and as I have seen they are, & they are also the ones travelling the furthest to Westerham, so I can understand the reasons.
The grasshopper does not suit everyone, as neither does the midweek meet, so what, if it means we all get together at some point and have a social then thats the whole point as far as I am concerned.
So lets just say that at the moment the midweek meet is moving to the Maidstone area and we shall see how it goes from there.:thumb: :thumb:
As I am no longer an organiser for the region, if thats a problem then let me know. Just trying to resolve an issue that shouldnt be one.:drive:

Purple AK
15-01-07, 09:58 PM
Hang on a minute guys.
I was one of the main instigators in the midweek meet, in response to several requests, including mine & Michelle's personal preference.
After a lot of nonsence on the original thread Dave and I elected to find a venue and take it from there.
We chose Knights Park as it was CENTRAL to the region as a whole.
HOWEVER it was also on the understanding that if it didnt work and the general consensus was to try somewhere else then we would.

3 Winter Meets hardly add up to testing the water as I'm sure many more would attend in the summer months.
So whats wrong with trying the Maidstone area, if the majority of the people attending the midweek meet are from that area, and as I have seen they are, & they are also the ones travelling the furthest to Westerham, so I can understand the reasons.

Maidstone is at the best "slightly NE" of the Region and what becomes a 10 - 20 mile drive for the Medway Boys, Becomes a 50 mile drive for the rest of us.
The grasshopper does not suit everyone, as neither does the midweek meet, so what, if it means we all get together at some point and have a social then thats the whole point as far as I am concerned.
So lets just say that at the moment the midweek meet is moving to the Maidstone area and we shall see how it goes from there.:thumb: :thumb:
As I am no longer an organiser for the region, if thats a problem then let me know. Just trying to resolve an issue that shouldnt be one.:drive:

By headlining it as The SE Midweek Meet it will disuade the members further afield in the region from attending (Cos it is too far)

Far better IMO to leave the Mid Week Meet as it is (Central to the Region) and the Medway Boys can meet as they please, As a Satelite Meet :thumb:

Andy S
16-01-07, 07:44 PM
OK Chris, not sure what your 'beef' here is but......

Of those that have bothered to attend the new midweek meet the majority on most occasions have been from the medway towns area. Despite several members from the opposite direction requesting it :confused:

Your comment that Maidstone is at the best 'slightly NE' of the regoin is correct, but please clarify for me, where is the Grasshopper geographically ?

It is the southeast midweek meet like it or lump it mate, or are you saying that because you dont like the location it cant be called the south east midweek meet ?
By the way the change in venue has been agreed by the regional rep.

What I find strange is that for you and me it makes very little difference, where the meet is, we still have a long way to go. To be honest Folkestone is nearer to me but I choose to be a memeber of the south east group.
At the end of the day it makes bugger all difference as all I want to do is enjoy the cob with Michelle.
Some of your earlier posts suggested you didnt have a problem with this then lately you have done a complete u-turn :confused:

Purple AK
16-01-07, 08:09 PM
"It is the southeast midweek meet like it or lump it mate, or are you saying that because you dont like the location it cant be called the south east midweek meet ?
By the way the change in venue has been agreed by the regional rep"
Andy. All I am saying is it is not CENTRAL so it is ostracising the outer limits members!
"Like It or Lump It"?? When did you re-elect yourself as a Regional Organiser?? :rolleyes:
AND the Regional Rep (as I understand it) only agreed because he was fed up with the constant bleating, and wanted a peaceful life!!!

gareth08
16-01-07, 08:30 PM
"It is the southeast midweek meet like it or lump it mate, or are you saying that because you dont like the location it cant be called the south east midweek meet ?
Andy. All I am saying is it is not CENTRAL so it is ostracising the outer limits members!
"Like It or Lump It"?? When did you re-elect yourself as a Regional Organiser?? :rolleyes:
AND the Regional Rep (as I understand it) only agreed because he was fed up with the constant bleating, and wanted a peaceful life!!!

Chris,

I think we would agree that the SE as an area is pretty big and whilst geographically Tonbridge may be more central to the region it would appear that it is not the easiest place to get to for the majority of those who go who are from the Maidstone area.

With regard to the comment about the regional rep wanting a quiet life he doesn't have any control over what anyone does but out of courtesy I spoke to him first regarding this before actually organising anything as the origanal plan about Tonbridge was if it wasn't working (and with poor attendance it wasn't) to move it somewhere else.

From what you are saying you are implying that he has agreed to it for no other reason than a quiet life.( i would maybe choose you're words a little more carefully as it would appear you are implying he (you can finish the sentance yourselves )

slogger
16-01-07, 08:31 PM

ALL!
Why not run them both? The area is a little large and two week day meets may not be a problem. Maidstone is good for Kent with excellent road links. The Knights park meet could remain or be moved to a more convenient location. After all these would not be the main SE region meet would they? The Grasshopper is still the venue for that.

Another club I belong to has it's main meet on the last Monday of the month. It also has roving club nights, mainly in the summer, which can be any where. This gives a chance for a drive and for the more remote members to put in an appearance with their cars. Some cars date from 1910 so a drive of anything more than 30 mile round trip is hard work, let alone slow!

Just a thought.:rolleyes:

Andy S
16-01-07, 08:42 PM
Chris, I have not and did not resume my position of regional organiser, I gave that up last year so I could enjoy driving my cob, and not be stuck putting up or taking down gazebos, flags banners etc etc. For me the fun had gone out of the cob as it was the same old faces every time setting up and more often than not taking it down again.
All I was trying to say is that as the majority of the people who have turned up to the midweek meets are from the medway towns then whats wrong with it being in that direction.
Its no different geographically to the region than the Grasshopper is. NE or NW.
So if the majority who do turn up want to move it, whats wrong with that.
I could name several members from the opposite direction who personally spoke to me about a midweek meet but I wont name them to save their blushes, suffice to say none of them have attended the 4 meets so far. Or expressed an appology or interest in doing so.
And it seemed to me that you took this as a split in the ranks and therefore could not call it the SE meet. Nothing of the sort, as I pointed out in one of my earlier posts, this venue was not cast in stone and if the majority who turned up wanted to go somewhere else, either as a one off , move around whatever then we would, as without people turning up it isnt a meet.
Wasnt looking for a fight or to take over whatever, just thought some of your comments were a little off hand.

Purple AK
16-01-07, 08:45 PM
Chris,

I think we would agree that the SE as an area is pretty big and whilst geographically Tonbridge may be more central to the region it would appear that it is not the easiest place to get to for the majority of those who go who are from the Maidstone area.

With regard to the comment about the regional rep wanting a quiet life he doesn't have any control over what anyone does but out of courtesy I spoke to him first regarding this before actually organising anything as the origanal plan about Tonbridge was if it wasn't working (and with poor attendance it wasn't) to move it somewhere else.

From what you are saying you are implying that he has agreed to it for no other reason than a quiet life.( i would maybe choose you're words a little more carefully as it would appear you are implying he (you can finish the sentance yourselves )
Gareth. As most on here will testifiy! When you have a bee in your bonnet! You are at best agreed with! Regardless of the best interests of the Region as a whole!
I am "Implying" nothing. The "fact" that you have subjected our Regional Rep Dave to a weekend of UNNESSESSARY grief! Proves that!

Stephen Pitcher
16-01-07, 08:59 PM
Chris, I am in Lewes most weeks, happy to have a beer and if you fancy comming to Maidstone with your good lady we have room to put you up.

Regards

Purple AK
16-01-07, 09:04 PM
Chris, I am in Lewes most weeks, happy to have a beer and if you fancy comming to Maidstone with your good lady we have room to put you up.

Regards
Stephen. Happy to meet up in or around Lewes in the week. PM me :thumb: And many thanks for the offer of a bed. However this is not the issue!!:rolleyes: ;)

gareth08
16-01-07, 09:09 PM
Gareth. As most on here will testifiy! When you have a bee in your bonnet! You are at best agreed with! Regardless of the best interests of the Region as a whole!
I am "Implying" nothing. The "fact" that you have subjected our Regional Rep Dave to a weekend of UNNESSESSARY grief! Proves that!

Ok Chris,
You are now pi55ing me off with comments/accusations that you were not privy to (unless you were standing next to me)

For the record this is not just my idea or opinion as you seem to want to see it but a general consenus from a number people. Just because you don't like it it must therefore be wrong in your opinion.
With regard to the comment about ( bee in my bonnet/most on here will testify/etc) are you just on a personal attack or do you not like the fact that if I (or anyone else for that matter) has an idea or opinion that I/we want to express we mustn't in case someone doesn't like it.No-one as far as I concerned has to either like me or agree with anything I say.

As for the remark about not having the intrests of the region as whole then perhaps you could explain why I took the time to speak to the Rep first and didn't just do it anyway without even telling or explaining anything to him first:mad:

And as for subjecting the rep to a WEEKEND of UNNESSARY GRIEF the phone call in question was for 15 minutes on Sunday evening,(hardly a whole weekend out of 48 hours is it) and if he didn't like it he could of told me to **** off , put the phone down on me or just say he want's nothing to do with it.

As I see it Chris YOU do not like the fact that I have arranged a meet for others to go to that YOU and the area rep (according to you) do not agree with.

Get real Chris and stop attacking everyone/thing that you don't like.You at your own wish don't want anything to do with it so why should it concern you.Nobody as far as I know will stop going to the Grasshopper or stop supporting the region any less than they do now with a meet held at Maidstone.

Purple AK
16-01-07, 09:14 PM
Ok Chris,
You are now pi55ing me off with comments/accusations that you were not privy to (unless you were standing next to me)

For the record this is not just my idea or opinion as you seem to want to see it but a general consenus from a number people. Just because you don't like it it must therefore be wrong in your opinion.
With regard to the comment about ( bee in my bonnet/most on here will testify/etc) are you just on a personal attack or do you not like the fact that if I (or anyone else for that matter) has an idea or opinion that I/we want to express we mustn't in case someone doesn't like it.No-one as far as I concerned has to either like me or agree with anything I say.

As for the remark about not having the intrests of the region as whole then perhaps you could explain why I took the time to speak to the Rep first and didn't just do it anyway without even telling or explaining anything to him first:mad:

And as for subjecting the rep to a WEEKEND of UNNESSARY GRIEF the phone call in question was for 15 minutes on Sunday evening,(hardly a whole weekend out of 48 hours is it) and if he didn't like it he could of told me to **** off , put the phone down on me or just say he want's nothing to do with it.

As I see it Chris YOU do not like the fact that I have arranged a meet for others to go to that YOU and the area rep (according to you) do not agree with.

Get real Chris and stop attacking everyone/thing that you don't like.You at your own wish don't want anything to do with it so why should it concern you.Nobody as far as I know will stop going to the Grasshopper or stop supporting the region any less than they do now with a meet held at Maidstone.
Whatever Gareth

Dutch Paul
16-01-07, 09:21 PM
FFS guys-open a tinny and chill.

I`m off to the pub, everyone is welcome - if it`s not too far :rolleyes:

slogger
16-01-07, 09:22 PM

Can you wait for me Paul?!!:)

gareth08
16-01-07, 09:22 PM
Whatever Gareth

Ah,

Nice to see you seem to be following you're comments in one of your posts:D :D

gareth08
16-01-07, 09:25 PM

I am chilled !!!

Well I am with the window open:D

Be careful with the offers Paul:eek: Rotterdam isn't that far away and you never know where a trip might end up:drive:

Stephen Pitcher
16-01-07, 09:31 PM
Well I am 1/8 th dutch, want a lift Gareth :drive:

Dutch Paul
16-01-07, 09:32 PM
I am chilled !!!

Well I am with the window open

Be careful with the offers Paul:eek: Rotterdam isn't that far away and you never know where a trip might end up:drive:

It was a tongue in cheek remark (where`s the tongue in cheek smiley?)

It`s 23:40 here and I`m up for work at 06:00, so I won`t make the pub tonight - but everyone`s still welcome :thumb:

Enjoy yourselves :thumb:

j9kks
16-01-07, 09:32 PM
Hi All not trying to get on the band waggon or taking sides but I was one of many from what I have heard that wanted a mid week meet, and have gone to all of the 4 meets held to date at Tonbridge wells, I have no problem going there even after getting up at 5 and driving up to the smoke, sitting in traffic, doing a days work and driving home for two hours, getting home at seven, washed and out for 7.30 to go to the reginal meet, I can handle that as I tend to miss most of the mid week meets due to work and weddings, BUT when I drive to Tonbridge Wells and find the majority of people there have come from my end of town then I seem to find it hard to take in. Why cant we meet nearer home if most people there are local (medway/Maidstone).
Why not try a meet or 2 to test the water who does turn up in maidstone?

Chris not having a dig but you are quite right we are all grown men and can do as we please. Please dont take this attitude as this normally has the the wrong affect

Miket
16-01-07, 09:34 PM

Make mine an Amstel, please. :thumb:

j9kks
16-01-07, 09:41 PM
I go because I like meet chat and drink, Had the venue not been changed last week I would have gone out there to chat with the barmaids (maybe not a bad thing):rolleyes:

Andy S
16-01-07, 09:41 PM
Make mine an Amstel, please. :thumb:

Mike, please that stuff is god awful, had to drink it a few years back at LeMans one night as that was all the dutch bar we were in had, YUK.

Dutch Paul
16-01-07, 09:47 PM
Mike, please that stuff is god awful, had to drink it a few years back at LeMans one night as that was all the dutch bar we were in had, YUK.
I find all of the beer here tastes like donkey p155 - but it has the required effect :thumb:

Much prefer a Caffreys, John Smiths or Boddingtons. :boohoo:

gareth08
16-01-07, 09:51 PM
It was a tongue in cheek remark (where`s the tongue in cheek smiley?)

It`s 23:40 here and I`m up for work at 06:00, so I won`t make the pub tonight - but everyone`s still welcome :thumb:

Enjoy yourselves :thumb:

Er,

I wasn't actually thinking of now:eek: :rotfl:

gareth08
16-01-07, 09:54 PM
I find all of the beer here tastes like donkey p155 - but it has the required effect :thumb:

Much prefer a Caffreys, John Smiths or Boddingtons. :boohoo:

And exactly how much is a pint of donkey pi55 then:eek:

If it tastes as the name implies fairly cheap I should hope:p

Miket
16-01-07, 10:00 PM

Acquired taste I think is the correct term, not much choice when in Corfu, unless you want to drink the imported UK ales, which don't taste anything like ours. ;) :thumb:

Andy S
16-01-07, 10:24 PM
Cant say I ever saw it on offer when I was there a couple of years ago thank god:eek:
Only remember Heineken being on offer, OH and some very strange drinks in a little shop in Corfu old town.
Still have a bottle of KOUM KOUAT, the one with the twigs and crystals in, its labelled as 40%, havnt got the nerve :D :D
Apperently when its gone you top it up with vodka and leave it for a month or so then, voila..... Have you tried it ??

Miket
16-01-07, 10:41 PM
OH and some very strange drinks in a little shop in Corfu old town.
Still have a bottle of KOUM KOUAT, the one with the twigs and crystals in, its labelled as 40%, havnt got the nerve :D :D
Apperently when its gone you top it up with vodka and leave it for a month or so then, voila..... Have you tried it ??

Yes it's good, there is a factory producing it 200yds from my place in Corfu, also my daughter has a tree just next door to her house, they are good, but non alcoholic just picked right of the tree. :thumb: