PDA

View Full Version : SE Region "Westerly" Mid Week Meet

Purple AK
19-02-07, 09:47 PM
Ok Guys. For those of us that lie further West/South in the SE Region. Anyone got any thoughts on a venue/pub that would be suitable for a Mid Week Pie and Pint during the summer months??

gareth08
19-02-07, 09:55 PM
Ok Guys. For those of us that lie further West/South in the SE Region. Anyone got any thoughts on a venue/pub that would be suitable for a Mid Week Pie and Pint during the summer months??

Hawkhurst isn't to far from you is it Chris :?:

Theres a few nice pubs there.

dave.n
19-02-07, 10:00 PM
Chris
Had Dave A on the phone earlier and I think he would prefer something that way. Did Brian not suggest a meet that side of things. I still haven't rung him.
The Meet near Maidstone is this week for all those interested.
Not sure how far from you the little brown jug is?

Purple AK
19-02-07, 10:04 PM

Hawkhurst isn't to far from you is it Chris :?:

Theres a few nice pubs there.
Sorry Gareth Hawkhurst is an hour away so not really practical for an evening blat ( The pubs would have stopped serving food by the time we landed) :wink:

Purple AK
19-02-07, 10:06 PM
Chris
Had Dave A on the phone earlier and I think he would prefer something that way. Did Brian not suggest a meet that side of things. I still haven't rung him.
The Meet near Maidstone is this week for all those interested.
Not sure how far from you the little brown jug is?
Dave. Spoke to Brian via PM earlier and something more Grinstead way would be OK :wink: The LBJ is fine for us. But maybe somewhere a little further west?

V8 BJC
20-02-07, 12:22 PM
Hi All,
I like the idea of having something closer to me for midweeks but I will not get to that many of them. I do not get home from work until gone 7 most days and I am normally knackered.

I did suggest that some of us further west could organise things on a more adhoc basis during the summer months. I would like to organise drives out to different places for a pint and maybe food.

If there is a plan to have a more formal time / location, why do we not look at the people likely to turnout and pick somewhere in the middle.

So, who is likely to go?

kenf
21-03-07, 06:00 PM
Chris, what's the Old Ship like, A26 Uckfield Road near Ringmer - do you know that one? Looks nice from the outside and seems to offer plenty of parking - nice, fast roads nearby too! Could be pretty handy for Lewes, Brighton, Eastbourne Worthing peeps.

Alternatively, what about nearer Haywards Heath or Crawley. Further North than that and you might as well go to somewhere like Westerham or Maidstone :)

Ken

Purple AK
21-03-07, 06:22 PM
Chris, what's the Old Ship like, A26 Uckfield Road near Ringmer - do you know that one? Looks nice from the outside and seems to offer plenty of parking - nice, fast roads nearby too! Could be pretty handy for Lewes, Brighton, Eastbourne Worthing peeps.

Alternatively, what about nearer Haywards Heath or Crawley. Further North than that and you might as well go to somewhere like Westerham or Maidstone :)

Ken
Know it well Ken :oops: It's only 3 miles up the road from us! We used to eat there several times a week :wink: UNTIL they put their prices up :evil: 8.95 for 3 sausages, 1 egg and a handful of chips, was frankly taking the p*$$ :roll:
HOWEVER :lol: The Piltdown Man on the A272 between Maresfield and Newick could be an option :wink: Large Car Park, Good Food and the owner is a friend of Cookie the Club Chairman

kenf
21-03-07, 08:08 PM
Sounds good to me. Any other takers for this? Very central to Brighton/Worthing, Crawley, Royal Tunbridge Wells and Eastbourne/Bexhill/Hastings.

If not weekday evenings how about another meeting day? What about 2nd Sundays of the month? :D Then those who can't make 4th Sundays or Westerham can still have a nice ride out and a friendly get-together.

Any views?

gareth08
21-03-07, 08:14 PM
You could always join us at the midweek in Maidstone :D

Think we may need to change the venue though as it's to small for the number of people that turn up now :shock: :shock: :D

kenf
21-03-07, 08:45 PM
I'll definitely try and make one of those meets at Maidstone but it's just not viable (for me) on a regular basis. Hailsham has only got 2 main roads nearby: the A22 & A27. :?

Any venue too far off is just too awkward to maintain. Maidstone is about 1hr20 each way from me and even longer for those further west - we just don't have long dual-carriageways or motorways near us (unless you go west of Brighton) to make long distances into short journeys. Even Westerham is over an hour each for me - all cross-country or via the clogged, single carriageway called the A22.

An alternative nearby (still over 30mins each way) in addition to the offical meet would give me more options. :wink:

gareth08
21-03-07, 09:20 PM
I'll definitely try and make one of those meets at Maidstone but it's just not viable (for me) on a regular basis. Hailsham has only got 2 main roads nearby: the A22 & A27. :?

Any venue too far off is just too awkward to maintain. Maidstone is about 1hr20 each way from me and even longer for those further west - we just don't have long dual-carriageways or motorways near us (unless you go west of Brighton) to make long distances into short journeys. Even Westerham is over an hour each for me - all cross-country or via the clogged, single carriageway called the A22.

An alternative nearby (still over 30mins each way) in addition to the offical meet would give me more options. :wink:

Ken,

I think that is the problem with the Se region in general.It is such a large area with no real roads actually connecting the east to the west side of the region.That is the main reason a midweek meet was organised for those of us that live more in the east side of the region.

I do however hope that for those of you that live more westerly that you can get a meet organised that is better for you guys and that maybe we could arrange (apart from the grasshopper) a midweek meet up up now and then. :)