PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, MGB V8 exhaust manifolds for Viper

Dixie
04-05-07, 10:38 PM
My manifolds have cracked, I have welded them but I reckon its only a matter of time before new ones are required.

Does any one out there have a pair to fit a Rover 3500? The guy I brought the car off says they are off an MGB V8 because they are a very close fit to the engine. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

jemburrett
04-05-07, 11:33 PM
heard you the first time

Dixie
06-05-07, 07:48 PM
What do you mean, heard you first time?

Mark

Deck
09-06-07, 09:24 PM
Hi Dixie
Congratulations on choosing the car of the discerning. Mine is a bit away from on the road and probably more bespoke than most.
(Is that a nice way of saying fudged together?)

I'm hoping never to have to replace my manifolds as I'll need to take the inner arches back out!!

Its called a "block hugger" and I got mine from the MGB hive (http://www.mgbhive.co.uk/v8_parts.html). The kit comes as is but I haven't found a use for the 3" pipe yet! Dear enough but top quality.

Just my opinion but ride height looks fine on yours. I've got 95mm and 105mm from top of rear tyres to bottom of wheel arches...thats 4x4!!
If you want to lower the ride height you will also need to adjust the camber of the wheel, among other things...

Best of luck with it and happy driving.
Cheers
Dec

Dixie
09-06-07, 10:05 PM
Hi Dec.

Thanks for the help. I welded the manifolds in the end, and put heat tape on. Took me 20 hrs to get the manifolds off the car. I put studs back into the engine block, found it near impossible to try and fix manifolds on holding a bolt and a gasket and then trying to fiddle about fiiting things. Much easier when the studs took the weight of the manifolds.

Any pics of yours?

Deck
10-06-07, 02:16 PM
Glad you got it sorted Dixie and I know your pain! I had to take an angle grinder to the footwells in the end to get mine to fit. Its pretty wedged in there! Probably should have taken the engine back out but I do love spark showers in enclosed spaces...eh...

There are photos on my old hard drive, thanks for asking, but I'm waiting on the drive doctor to recover them! If only I could find the usb key!!

Latest pics are of the wooden steering wheel boss that I had to turn cos I bought a flat wheels and I couldn't get a boss to fit my bmw column and then when I butchered the old wheel to get the boss out of it, machined it and drilled and tapped it to take my lovely new Moto Lita wood rim wheel, the bloody wheel hit the stalks and did you know they snap off real easy?!

Two steps back one forward, more like run back for ages and then fall down and injure yourself when you try and turn.

Final coat of laquer went on the boss last night so should be able to fit it during the week.
I've also been cutting up various seats to try and make one fit in such a way that I can both drive and get in and out. Current favourite (3rd) is out of a Alpha 145. Fit and size are good (now) but they're not too keen on leathers that I want to fit on them.

Naturally all these cosmetics are designed to conveniently distract me from the major mechanical issues that still need to be resolved!

Pictures really do say a thousand words... Hope you're not sorry you asked!
Enjoy driving!
Cheers
Dec