PDA

View Full Version : Form 627/1

ldtopham
15-05-07, 10:08 PM
I am fast approacing the paperwork side of the build. Having looked at the Totalkitcar site and specifically the 627/1 form (Built Up Vehicle Inspection Report) do I need to show receipts for the donor vehicle? I am the registered keeper as it says on the V5?

I am going for age related registration. The axles, engine, front and rear suspension are all from the donor. I never thought to ask for a receipt for the car as I have the log book?? If I put no in the reciept box am I likely to fall into 'Q' category :shock: If so I'll look harder and probably find the handwritten receipt.

Following all the recent posts about paperwork I am going to apply for the inspection 1st then SVA and finally visit DVLA with all docs to get it registered. This will be through Leeds DVLA and Beverly SVA test centre. Both of which I will call tomorrow to check wait times and request, V55/5, V355/5 and V627/1.

Cheers,

dave
15-05-07, 10:35 PM
I have never needed a receipt when I've had a donor V5, even when it hasn't been registered in my name. But all offices have their own rules.
Clear as mud now eh? :wink:

What's a V355/5? Never needed one of those. :?

ldtopham
15-05-07, 10:51 PM
I have never needed a receipt when I've had a donor V5, even when it hasn't been registered in my name. But all offices have their own rules.
Clear as mud now eh? :wink:

What's a V355/5? Never needed one of those. :?

Another question noted for the DVLA office tomorrow!

The V355/5 is a form telling you how to fill a V55/5..........but what form number do I need to request a V355/5?? What a load of toss.

dave
15-05-07, 11:03 PM
:D :D :D :D

jeff
16-05-07, 11:38 AM
When I was in the DVLA office last month this one come up, It was the receipts from pilgrim that they wanted ie body and chassis.

If you are going for new registration then they will also need receipts to prove all other parts are new other than your 1 recon part.

ldtopham
16-05-07, 05:50 PM
When I was in the DVLA office last month this one come up, It was the receipts from pilgrim that they wanted ie body and chassis.

If you are going for new registration then they will also need receipts to prove all other parts are new other than your 1 recon part.

Thanks Jeff. I will be going for age related, how many items from the donor do I need? I'm sure I have plenty as the engine, axle, front and rear suspension all came from the same car.

I spoke with the SVA test station and there is a 3 week wait as of today. They said it will be a morning between Tue to Friday and take approx 3-4hours (8 o'clock start). I spoke to DVLA who are sending out all the relevant forms. I asked for a phone call from my local DVLA office so that I could arrange a viewing of the car asap so that all that was needed for registartion was cheque book and MAC etc. This was in an attempt to speed up the process up. I was advised that an inspection may not be needed? I know it will as I am wanting to retain age related plates but they still weren't having it!
Oh well, SVA, Inspection and registration in that order and hopefully speedier than has been reported recently :wink:

jeff
16-05-07, 07:24 PM
you need 2 main components I had steering and axles so you should be OK,

You have put down engine, if you changed the doner V5 to include a chevy or rover V8 they are getting wise to this one I was told.

I am sure some of the guys on here will advise what you need for a GD with jag running gear

ldtopham
16-05-07, 07:59 PM
you need 2 main components I had steering and axles so you should be OK,

You have put down engine, if you changed the doner V5 to include a chevy or rover V8 they are getting wise to this one I was told.

I am sure some of the guys on here will advise what you need for a GD with jag running gear

I understand they could be getting wise but it's too late to say any different as the 351C has been fitted and is shown on my V5 (last 5 years) :wink:
I guess the only way they could combat those who may consider putting an engine number onto the V5 only would be to inspect when you request the change. I did have mine fitted but they never sent anyone to inspect. too late now as the car has given itself to my GD :roll:

Thanks,