PDA

View Full Version : Is this working for you guys?

robert
27-05-07, 02:24 PM
Its raining outside and I have been doing some thinking, we have been living with this for a while, is this forum code working for you guys or do I push to change the system to Vbulletin (the old code).

I am happy to do this if you guys are more comfortable going back to the previous code.

Clive
27-05-07, 07:34 PM
Hi Robert,
To be honest, when the changes were first made I was not too keen. However I can't remember too much about the old forum (Perhaps that's down to age!) except when you hovered the mouse over a post in the index it gave you the first line of the topic, also it showed posts that you had replied to. These are the only things I miss.
In my opinion, I am happy with the way things are now, and many thanks for your continued hard work and effort in making this forum what it is.

cliffords
27-05-07, 08:33 PM
I know you are after a vote however, the only functionality I do miss is the todays post bit.
If I go in at 6pm and do not read them all come out and go in again I have lost as it has only shown me posts since last visit.

Sure we used to have todays posts option ??

robert
27-05-07, 08:52 PM
I know you are after a vote however, the only functionality I do miss is the todays post bit.
If I go in at 6pm and do not read them all come out and go in again I have lost as it has only shown me posts since last visit.

Sure we used to have todays posts option ??

Do you mean daily topics?

Its on the forum index page.

http://autos.ninebean.com/cobraclub/daily.php

:wink:

kobra
27-05-07, 09:34 PM
Its raining outside and I have been doing some thinking, we have been living with this for a while, is this forum code working for you guys or do I push to change the system to Vbulletin (the old code).

I am happy to do this if you guys are more comfortable going back to the previous code. Hi Robert, I agree with Clive , The only problem i have is the search programme , It never seems to throw up all posts on subjects. Or it may be me, im no computer wizard. Thanks for every thing you do on the club site. Regards Ray.

Purple AK
27-05-07, 09:57 PM
Just an observation :wink: But there does seem to have been a lot less activity/users online since the change :( I'm happy (and greatfull) with whatever you decide. :lol:

robert
27-05-07, 10:25 PM
Just an observation :wink: But there does seem to have been a lot less activity/users online since the change :( I'm happy (and greatfull) with whatever you decide. :lol:

Thats only due to the difference between how online users are displayed between the different systems.

The stats are about the same.

Happy Jim
27-05-07, 11:02 PM
Rob,

Was much happier with the old layout, however wouldn't want to increase the burden just for the sake of layout - it's the content that keeps me here (oh, and the fact that I'm a sad old spotter of course!).

Jim

Dutch Paul
27-05-07, 11:34 PM

Sorry Chris - I`ve been away for a month. :lol:

wilf
28-05-07, 08:24 AM
It's not broken, so don't fix it.

The current system is easier to navigate IMHO, works fine. Why change (again!)?

Robin427
28-05-07, 09:04 AM
I was much happier with vBulletin. Seeing as changing back would have the added bonus of annoying Wilf, I suggest you proceed with all haste!!

The feature I miss the most is having the message included in the e-mail notification - made it easy to search for things offline. Being able to read the first line by hovering was good too.