PDA

View Full Version : Barcombe Mills Country Show

Purple AK
03-06-07, 08:55 PM
As the title says. This is a smallish show. And this year it will be held on August 11th/12th. All proceeds from the show go to the "only" Childrens Hospice in Sussex! Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice. We have been offered a space for the weekend. And I have accepted!!!!!!! I'm sure we could raise some money for a worthy cause :roll: Maybe Cobra Rides for a small fee? :wink:
Basically the rest of the show consists of........
Weekend Camping from Friday Night.
Beer Tent and Live Entertainment Friday and Saturday Nights.
Fireworks on Saturday Night.
Steam Engines.
Stationary Engines.
Stockcar Display.
Other Interesting Cars (26 litre Merlin engined inc)
Fun Fair.
Dog Show/Terrier Races.
Foxhounds.
Shire Horses.
Ploughing Match.
Tug O War.
Craft Tent.
Tool Stand.
And Much More....................

So.. Anyone fancy a relaxing weekend in the country raising money for a worthy cause?

http://www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/default.asp?id=1

Entry is FREE for Cobras.
5 per car (regardless of no of occupants) otherwise

Andy S
03-06-07, 10:34 PM
Chris sounds like a good idea mate, and for a very good cause.
About time we started to use these cars of ours to raise a bit if money.

Purple AK
03-06-07, 11:09 PM
Chris sounds like a good idea mate, and for a very good cause.
About time we started to use these cars of ours to raise a bit if money.
And we are only a mile away if anyone wants some home comforts (shower etc) :lol:

wilf
04-06-07, 07:09 PM
I recall sinking most of the "punts" at Barcombe Mills many years ago - unfortunately I was actually in them at the time.
Do they still hire them out?

Purple AK
04-06-07, 09:15 PM
I recall sinking most of the "punts" at Barcombe Mills many years ago - unfortunately I was actually in them at the time.
The main boathouse "Browns" closed several years ago. The Anchor Inn just upstream still hires out "punts" :wink:

dave.n
10-06-07, 12:52 AM
The main boathouse "Browns" closed several years ago. The Anchor Inn just upstream still hires out "punts" :wink:

Ha Ha I must put my glasses on now I have them. I read this all wrong and fancied visiting the place to see what the "PUNTS" were like ...
I'm still chuckling to myself I am a stupid punt. :lol:

dave.n
18-06-07, 04:52 PM
Chris
in my diary