PDA

View Full Version : Where can you buy alternatives to Spinners ?

PeteV
19-07-01, 01:36 PM
Nope, this isn't a another 'war on Chrome' thread ;-) , but does anyone know where you can get the new 'SVA friendly' dust-caps which are fitted in place of the fake wheel spinners. I've had enough of my spinners as they are a complete pain when it comes to wheel removal - and its all to easy to strip the thread in the alloy when you'r being a little over cautious with the grub screws !

Ive got 15 inch Image wheels fitted to my car - I'm assuming
that the 'centres' are all the same size , but am probably wrong !

Pete

dave
20-07-01, 12:20 AM
call image direct on 0121 522 2442.

Paul Gayter
21-07-01, 09:56 AM
Hi Pete,

I simply hack sawed the spinner arms off and turned the remaining center with a radius. Looks OK, cost's nowt.

Regards

Paul.

RigMan
21-07-01, 03:11 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can just take the spinners off for the test, and put them back on afterwards?

RigMan;-)

graham
22-07-01, 08:30 AM
Good idea but begs the age old problem in the back of ones mind, how does an insurance company see it after modification from the MAC/SVA??

John Tisbury
22-07-01, 08:55 AM
Hi Pete

Contact Image wheels direct. They sold me the blanks can't remember how much they were though http://www.image-wheels.com/

John

PeteV
22-07-01, 07:15 PM
Cheers guys for the advice !

Will start by giving Image a call and see what they have ..

Pete.

mal
22-07-01, 10:28 PM
Image supplied mine with the wheel`s and spinners and nuts,`````i`m only using them for sva so if you want em whem i`m done your welcome

Mal,with half built AK! }> }> }>