PDA

View Full Version : S.E to Silverstone

gareth08
05-07-07, 08:52 PM
As Silverstone Classic is not far away we it would be helpful to know who is going from the SE and the exact way/route we are going to take.

There seems to be some rather conflicting opinions between this site and the other so perhaps we could find out who's going from where and which way.

Personally I think M25 tunnel then M1 is the better option but that is only because having used both ways on the 25 and the M40 the tunnel and M1 I have always found the first route the best. That is not taking account any roadworks etc.

What are everyones opinions (except Clarkson as he is going the opposite to everyone else anyway :lol: ) etc.

V8 BJC
05-07-07, 09:14 PM
Hi m8,
Andy mentioned some roadworks on east side of 25 and has now suggested going clockwise and M40. To be honest that works bettter for me to as I join 25 at J7, m23. I will come the other way though if thats what majority want to do as a long convoy drive will be fun.

Clarkson ill come that way too unless he wants to join the billy no mates club :D

Clive
05-07-07, 09:31 PM
Do all the guys in the South East hold hands too? :lol: Are you frightened to go out on your own? :roll:

danny b
05-07-07, 09:43 PM
Hi M8

Tunnel & M1 sounds good to me do you still want to meet in the esso garage at dartford turn off??

I drive the road works between 3&2 every day and its not that bad,today i cruised through them other days takes 10~15mins so you pays your money you takes your chances :shock: :shock:

Dan

yellow peril
05-07-07, 10:32 PM
road works at junc 25 on the m25 average speed cameras there aswell and road works on m1 also with average speed cameras...............not that you would speed !!!!!!!!!

Miket
05-07-07, 10:36 PM
We in the South West don't have that problem, as we only have one road out :D :D :D

Clarkson
07-07-07, 10:50 AM
Hi m8,
Andy mentioned some roadworks on east side of 25 and has now suggested going clockwise and M40. To be honest that works bettter for me to as I join 25 at J7, m23. I will come the other way though if thats what majority want to do as a long convoy drive will be fun.

Clarkson ill come that way too unless he wants to join the billy no mates club :D

I agree with V8 BJC,but if every one is going anticlockwise then I have no option but to follow suite! :x :wink:

My car needs a good run anyway. 8)

Clarkson
07-07-07, 10:54 AM
Do all the guys in the South East hold hands too? :lol: Are you frightened to go out on your own? :roll:

Clive,we can do this as there are more than 1 Cobra in a 100mile radius!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

gareth08
07-07-07, 06:20 PM
Hi m8,

I agree with V8 BJC,but if every one is going anticlockwise then I have no option but to follow suite! :x :wink:

As I,ve got to drive clockwise some time soon to see you I think that you should be made to drive anti-clockwise to compensate :lol: :lol: :wink:

Clarkson
07-07-07, 06:31 PM
Hi m8,

As I,ve got to drive clockwise some time soon to see you I think that you should be made to drive anti-clockwise to compensate :lol: :lol: :wink:

Arrr ok then!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:

PS I am picking up the keys next Friday, so when are you free to see me??

Noel
07-07-07, 07:52 PM
Esso garage at Dartford turn off.......is that the one in the services at Thurrock or is there one south of the crossing??

I'm easy either way although M40 is obviously shorter for me.

gareth08
07-07-07, 09:23 PM
Dave,

Give me a ring andI'll a sort a day/time out for you.

Noel,

Check this thread but I'll phone you anyway. Esso garage in question is Dartford side of the tunnel.

Have to say that if road works are bad then M40 might be better :?:

Hopefully we can sort out on Wednesday.

V8 BJC
08-07-07, 11:32 AM
Esso garage at Dartford turn off.......is that the one in the services at Thurrock or is there one south of the crossing??

Hi Noel, if we end up meeting at Dartford, where would you join m25? You could meet up with Clarkson and myself for the ride to the tunnel.

Noel
08-07-07, 07:50 PM

Hi Noel, if we end up meeting at Dartford, where would you join m25? You could meet up with Clarkson and myself for the ride to the tunnel.

How about meeting at the old "Little Chef" at Hooley just north of junction 8 M23 / j 7 M25 :?:

Miket
08-07-07, 07:52 PM
Hi Noel

Looking forward to catching up with you at Silverstone 8) 8) :D :D

V8 BJC
08-07-07, 08:04 PM
How about meeting at the old "Little Chef" at Hooley just north of junction 8 M23 / j 7 M25 :?:

Sounds like a good plan

gareth08
08-07-07, 08:48 PM
Hi Noel

Looking forward to catching up with you at Silverstone 8) 8) :D :D

Noel,

Best book a slot to met with Mike probably between 3pm and 8pm.
Ho doesn't realise that there are two 3 o' clocks in the same day and 8pm is only around 1/2 hour before bedtime :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless he's with me and I've persuaded him to indulge in a few nightcaps :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike,

I promise not to let the tyres down on your wheelchair this time :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Purple AK
08-07-07, 08:57 PM
Don't knock it Gareth :wink: With your knee it might come in handy :roll: :lol:

Clarkson
08-07-07, 09:05 PM

That sounds good with me too! :wink:

Clarkson
08-07-07, 09:05 PM

Chris you and the Mrs not coming?? :?

I was looking forward to a bit of abuse! :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Miket
08-07-07, 09:11 PM
Mike,

I promise not to let the tyres down on your wheelchair this time :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Gareth, I might just save you a few bits from my Full English before I come to the circuit. :wink: :wink:

gareth08
08-07-07, 09:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the bloody NHS pulled there heads out from there ar5es I might of got an appointment by now :evil: but then again they might of decided to operate and stick me in plaster for 3 months so I guess I'll just wait till after Silverstone :cry: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm quite sure a few drinks will do as an anesthetic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike,

Thanks very much for that it will save me buying breakfast :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miket
08-07-07, 09:37 PM
If the bloody NHS pulled there heads out from there ar5es I might of got an appointment by now :evil: but then again they might of decided to operate and stick me in plaster for 3 months so I guess I'll just wait till after Silverstone

When you do get an appointment, make sure you put a big felt tip cross on it, don't want them to saw off the wrong leg :shock: :wink: :D :D

gareth08
08-07-07, 09:45 PM
If the bloody NHS pulled there heads out from there ar5es I might of got an appointment by now :evil: but then again they might of decided to operate and stick me in plaster for 3 months so I guess I'll just wait till after Silverstone

When you do get an appointment, make sure you put a big felt tip cross on it, don't want them to saw off the wrong leg :shock: :wink: :D :D

Thanks Mike,

You inspire me with total confidence :shock: :cry: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Purple AK
08-07-07, 10:06 PM

Chris you and the Mrs not coming?? :?

I was looking forward to a bit of abuse! :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:
Not Planned Mate! Life,Work and Money :roll: Are taking a front seat at the moment! Anyway it was crap last year :wink:

Noel
09-07-07, 09:17 AM
Me too Mike, I took the cob down to Torbay a few weeks ago but you were still "sunning" yourself. See you in a couple of weeks.

Andy S
09-07-07, 07:42 PM
OK chaps, having been both ways recently & discussed options with a few, here is the definitive route for our run up to the classic.

Meet Clackets Lane Services 10am
Leave Clackets 10.15
Pick up V8BJC, Clarkson etc at reigate 10.30
Clockwise round M25 past Heathrow.
Picking up anyone else on the way
Head up M40 to services at Jnc 10 ( Silverstone Turnoff)
fill up with food and fuel
Head to campsite
Into circuit
last 2 can be switched if you want to.

All times subject to change etc etc etc etc
But thats the plan.
So can we have a list of those joining the run, also can you pm me your mobile numbers so that in the event of a delay I can let you know.

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:04 PM
OK chaps, having been both ways recently & discussed options with a few, here is the definitive route for our run up to the classic.

Leave Clackets 10.15
Head to campsite
Into circuit

But thats the plan.
So can we have a list of those joining the run, also can you pm me your mobile numbers so that in the event of a delay I can let you know.

I have most peoples numbers but we can pick up those we don't have at the Midweek meet on Wednesday. :wink:

Don't worry about Clarkson to much as if he leaves at around 4am on Friday morning we will catch him up by 1045am at the latest :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:15 PM

Leave Clackets 10.15
Head to campsite
Into circuit

But thats the plan.

I have most peoples numbers but we can pick up those we don't have at the Midweek meet on Wednesday. :wink:

Don't worry about Clarkson to much as if he leaves at around 4am on Friday morning we will catch him up by 1045am at the latest :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey I thought your driving round anti clockwise??

Andy S
09-07-07, 08:21 PM
No Dave as I said at the beginning of my post we are going clockwise.
reason being there are roadworks from the M20 to the tunnel,
then when you hit the M1 there are 15miles of the buggers up to Luton.

So from my recent trips up to the midlands clockwise is by far the best route.

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:24 PM

I ain't talking to you!

I was refering to gareths post!

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:25 PM

Leave Clackets 10.15
Head to campsite
Into circuit

But thats the plan.

After much debate with people who drive that way more than I do it would seem that the M40 is the better option at preasant given roadworks etc and also we don't want to upset you :shock: :wink: :lol:

Either way I guess is easier or harder for some but there isn't that much difference between the two other than the road work factor. For me the M40 is probably longer but I would rather do an extra 20 miles than sit in traffic for 1/2 an hour or more :lol: :wink:

We will finalise at midweek meet but I will see you before Silverstone to confirm meeting times etc :wink:

Andy S
09-07-07, 08:27 PM

I ain't talking to you!

P1ss off then you muppet :D :D :D

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:29 PM
5hit guys :shock:

you two having a bad day :shock: :D :D :lol: :wink:

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:31 PM

Leave Clackets 10.15
Head to campsite
Into circuit

But thats the plan.

After much debate with people who drive that way more than I do it would seem that the M40 is the better option at preasant given roadworks etc and also we don't want to upset you :shock: :wink: :lol:

Either way I guess is easier or harder for some but there isn't that much difference between the two other than the road work factor. For me the M40 is probably longer but I would rather do an extra 20 miles than sit in traffic for 1/2 an hour or more :lol: :wink:

We will finalise at midweek meet but I will see you before Silverstone to confirm meeting times etc :wink:

You'll be lucky if you get there with your dodgy electrics and Ford engine!! :lol: :lol:

Andy S
09-07-07, 08:32 PM
bl00dy long day, Essex then Portsmouth then home.
I love my job !!!!!!

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:34 PM

I ain't talking to you!

P1ss off then you muppet :D :D :D

""Don't worry about Clarkson to much as if he leaves at around 4am on Friday morning we will catch him up by 1045am at the latest""

I was talking about Gareths crapy post!!

slogger
09-07-07, 08:34 PM
bl00dy long day, Essex then Portsmouth then home.
I love my job !!!!!!

I thought you had a nice new one?? :?

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:35 PM
You'll be lucky if you get there with your dodgy electrics and Ford engine!!

Nothing wrong with electrics now and I'll bring a tow rope so that I can tow you to enable you to keep up with the rest of us. Mind you as that will mean I will have to tow you , Andy and Brian at least I will need at least 3 ropes :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :wink: :lol: 8)

Andy S
09-07-07, 08:36 PM
Ian, yes I do but today wasnt the best I'm afraid.

Dave sorry mate no offence meant just havin a laugh :D

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:39 PM

Nothing wrong with electrics now and I'll bring a tow rope so that I can tow you to enable you to keep up with the rest of us. Mind you as that will mean I will have to tow you , Andy and Brian at least I will need at least 3 ropes :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :wink: :lol: 8)

Maybe 4 ropes required, when we all hang you off that tree in silverstone!! :lol: :lol:

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:39 PM
Ian, yes I do but today wasnt the best I'm afraid.

Dave sorry mate no offence meant just havin a laugh :D

Andy,

I think it must be time of the month for Dave or maybe year as he seems to of lost his sense of humour lately :( :wink:

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:41 PM

Maybe 4 ropes required, when we all hang you off that tree in silverstone!! :lol: :lol:

You'll need more than 4 ropes mate :roll: maybe a few 2 ton slings might be ok :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy S
09-07-07, 08:43 PM
Gareth I think he's trying to remember where he put the guy ropes for his tent..........so it doesnt collapse again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:46 PM
I'll get my coat! :oops: :shock: :lol:

gareth08
09-07-07, 08:48 PM
I'll get my coat! :oops: :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic :D

Miket
09-07-07, 08:49 PM
Slow down you lot, I can't keep up with all these posts :wink: :wink:

slogger
09-07-07, 08:51 PM
Wonky Donkey 1 Tent less man 0 Seconds away round two! :D

Andy S
09-07-07, 08:53 PM

Is that why you are in a B&B for Silverstone then Mike,
Sampled our hospitality once and thought better of it a second time ?????

Clarkson
09-07-07, 08:56 PM

He can't keep up the SE way of life!! :lol: :lol:

Andy S
09-07-07, 09:00 PM

He can't keep up the SE way of life!! :lol: :lol:

Getting old, the poor sod, sounds like he's finally realised :lol: :lol:

Miket
09-07-07, 09:00 PM

There's six Cob's coming from the SW, I was out voted on camping, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :wink: :wink: :D

Miket
09-07-07, 09:02 PM
Getting old, the poor sod, sounds like he's finally realised :lol: :lol:

Bus pass and B&Q discount card next year :shock: :shock: :wink: :D

Andy S
09-07-07, 09:04 PM

There's six Cob's coming from the SW, I was out voted on camping, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :wink: :wink: :D

So will we see a repeat of the PILGRIM Vs GD drag race ????????
or maybe more interesting Pilgrim Vs Pilgrim drag race ?????
Gareth better fill the bottle in the boot just in case mate :D

Miket
09-07-07, 09:07 PM

No Ant isn't coming.

gareth08
09-07-07, 09:16 PM

or maybe more interesting Pilgrim Vs Pilgrim drag race ?????
Gareth better fill the bottle in the boot just in case mate :D

It's filled mate although how much will be left by the time we get there is another matter :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy S
09-07-07, 09:20 PM
Save the laughing gas till we get there mate, no point in wasting it on the M25, M40 or Clarkson :D :D

Clarkson
09-07-07, 09:27 PM
Save the laughing gas till we get there mate, no point in wasting it on the M25, M40 or Clarkson :D :D

He needs more than a bottle to catch me,ask Brian!! :lol: :lol:

Andy S
09-07-07, 09:33 PM
Dave sounds like you are throwing down the gaunlet mate, I for one wouldnt want to call it knowing both cars etc as I do, just hope the road into Whittlebury Park is wide enough :shock: :D :D

gareth08
09-07-07, 10:09 PM
Dave sounds like you are throwing down the gaunlet mate, I for one wouldnt want to call it knowing both cars etc as I do, just hope the road into Whittlebury Park is wide enough :shock: :D :D

It only needs to be wide enough for a Sumo :D
:wink:

Miket
10-07-07, 05:15 PM
Is that why you are in a B&B for Silverstone then Mike

Just contacted the Landlady of the B&B and she's sent me directions and a picture of herself, this is why I'm staying in B&B :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D

Noel
10-07-07, 06:32 PM
Any spare rooms Mike????? :D :D

Clarkson
26-07-07, 01:03 PM
What's the latest???:confused::confused:

dingocooke
26-07-07, 01:16 PM
Any spare rooms Mike????? :D :D

sod that I want to sleep with my head in her thong...hmmmmm

V8 BJC
26-07-07, 03:34 PM
What's the latest???:confused::confused:

Dave,
you need to be at mine at 09:30.
Meeting Noel at 10am, Hooley little chef.
Will hook up with Andy & co on M25. I will call Andy l8r.
Ta ta
Brian

Anyone got a phone number for Noel that they can PM me.
I tried to PM him but no answer & want to make sure he is still meeting us.

Andy S
26-07-07, 05:08 PM
Just a reminder we are meeting at Clacket Services clockwise at 10 am and leaving shortly after, the following are known to be meeting there

Andy S
Danny B
Gareth
Robin66

Any others, so we dont leave without you ?

Then meet up with Brian & Dave & ?Noel along the way.

Noel
26-07-07, 07:43 PM
Dave,
you need to be at mine at 09:30.
Meeting Noel at 10am, Hooley little chef.
Will hook up with Andy & co on M25. I will call Andy l8r.
Ta ta
Brian

Anyone got a phone number for Noel that they can PM me.
I tried to PM him but no answer & want to make sure he is still meeting us.

Am back!! Will see you at 10:00 at Hooley, must have brought the dry weather back with me??

V8 BJC
26-07-07, 08:04 PM
Am back!! Will see you at 10:00 at Hooley, must have brought the dry weather back with me??

Welcome back oh sun master. :cool:
We need to be ready to leave Hooley at 10ish in order to meet up with the other 4 cars departing from Clackets.
See you tomorrow m8.
Brian

Andy S
26-07-07, 08:06 PM
Welcome back oh sun master. :cool:
We need to be ready to leave Hooley at 10ish in order to meet up with the other 4 cars departing from Clackets.
See you tomorrow m8.
Brian

About time Noel. by the way I have your infield passes.