PDA

View Full Version : Duff starter moter 302 Ford!!!!!

cgnw28517
21-07-01, 06:23 PM
My starter moter has gone legs up on me,It's an autolite unit(bugger to get off as well).My question to you knowledgable lot is are these rare exotic items or are they common to other makes. (Granada or something else easy to get would be nice :-) )Yours hopefully Col.

cobraman
23-07-01, 11:35 AM
First things first Col!...whats wrong with it??...not engaging?/turning?....DJ

cgnw28517
23-07-01, 03:48 PM
It wasn't turning over it was just dragging the battery power down. I tried shorting the solanoid with a screwdriver but it was still the same.However I removed it today and took it along to Kemp's in Liverpool who repaired it for me in about an hour.I am just going to throw it back on now and see if it is o
.k..I will post later with the verdict :-)

Cheers Col.
P.S. Out of interest D.J. do you know of anywhere that is good for American V8 parts?.

cgnw28517
23-07-01, 11:04 PM
It works:-) :-) :-) So I took her out for a spin and one of the clips holding one of the gearbox selector rods in place(toploader) fell off leaving me to drive home stuck in first gear:-( .Does anyone know of a place that would have the proper selector rod clipsas the one's on this box are catching on each other as the rods move back and forth.
Cheers...COL.