PDA

View Full Version : East Anglia Region Newsletter. July

dinosoar
12-07-07, 07:55 AM
Hi.
Below is a cut and paste of the newsletter. The forum will not accept the file size for and attachment.

Andy

the newsletter of the

Cobra Replica Club

East Anglia region 2007

July 2007

Hello all,

Not too much gossip to report this month. I have been rather pre occupied with workshop related things.

Last Month
I enjoyed a rather wet and stormy drive cross country to the Royal George. It is a very nice pub with a great welcome and good food, well worth a visit.
There was a lonely blue Sumo waiting in the car park. Guy & I had only just put the repaired engine back together a few days earlier. Glad to report all was well.
Cefin & Anne appeared in a Audi TT. Apparently the GD had attempted conversion into a portable swimming pool whilst parked in Kent after our return from France.

This Month. July 15th.
Ramsholt Arms (Details below) is the venue for this month. Usually quite busy so I recommend booking a table if you wish to eat. Also be careful on the sleeping policemen on the way down. There is a car park next to the church at the top of the hill.

Workshop News

Big things are happening at the workshop. Looks like I will be stepping up from Kit car fiddler to Replica manufacture. More details next month.
Monthly Meets. (Third Sunday 12:00ish)

July 15th.
Ramsholt Arms, Dock Road, Ramsholt Quay, IP12 3AB. Tel. 01394 411 229. Watch the speed bumps on the way down or park at the top of the road.
August 19th.
Duxford Car club day details below.
September 16th.

Events.

Total Kit Car Live! July 22nd. Snetterton
Helmingham Hall Festival of Classics. 5th August. www.helmingham.com to register for free.

Car Club day at Duxford Museum. August 19th. The Essex Area is organising this again. Contact Luke - acbilko@aol.com 9.00 entry instead of 15.00

Lavenham Rare Breeds Car show & Carnival. August 27th. Club pitch available Volunteer in charge is Peter Barry. peter.barry@pasta.co.uk Contact Barry to book club space ASAP.

Goodwood Revival August 31st September 2nd.
National Kit and Performance car show, Donnington September. 15 16th
CRC National Meet, Silverstone. September. 27th 29th
Great West Kit and Performance car Exeter November 17th.

Please contact me if you know of any events that would be of interest.

Many thanks and Bye for now.

Andy.

My contact details are as follows;
Home: 01473 250 295 Mobile: 07909531816. E-mail: andrewsoar@yahoo.com

dinosoar
13-07-07, 07:22 AM
Forgot to mention Lavenham Carnival.
The closing date for entries is fast approaching.
Contact Peter Barry who has booked us a club plot and is in the process of putting together numbers etc.
This is a good day out but is always oversubscribed for vehicle pitches, so don't expect to get in on the day.
Thanks again to Barry for acting as 'Deputy in charge of Lavenham'

Andy