PDA

View Full Version : Crendon dimensions

KevinW
07-08-07, 06:21 PM
For various reasons I am downsizing house-wise, and will only have a single garage. My plan is for a crendon in next year or 2 (currently have a sumo) and need to make sure a crendon would fit in the garage. I have already ruled out 2 houses with so-called 'garages' only 7'5" wide internally, not fit for purpose. Can anyone help on this queery? I'm looking for maximum feet'n'inches width and length, including projections like sidepipes, mirrors etc.

cheers,

Kevin

legend
07-08-07, 07:38 PM
Hi Kevin, gr8 choice according to an old magazine John's magic machines are 13' long, 5'8" wide & 4'1" tall but that was pre-sidepipes.
Good luck Tony.

Andy S
07-08-07, 08:12 PM
I wasnt aware that there was that much difference in any of the kits in respect of overall dimensions.

dingocooke
07-08-07, 10:10 PM
and the sidepipes dont protrude beyond the wheel arches from what I can see on my bus

rich
07-08-07, 10:27 PM
Kevin, If your looking at fitting into a garage surly you need at least body width + one door open, otherwise you'll never get out of it once your in there :rolleyes:

Unless of course you do a Bo and Luke impression :p

dingocooke
08-08-07, 10:12 AM
Not neccesarily, I used to store a car in a garage that was, shall we say, 'snug'. It was about 6" wider than the car!
Procedure was, park up outside garage, engine off, in neutral, hand brake off, get out open door, put long handled telescopic extension socket (Wilco now sell them for 4.95 with a jag sze socket fitted LOL) on an off side rear wheel nut, wind the car into the garage upto a block youve put on the floor for the front wheel as a stop. Then pop a second block at the rear. Job done.
To get the car out the garage, remove 2nd block, pull car so it rolls backwards out, and drop 2nd block on floor to stop car rolling away.
Obviously no use what so ever if you have a steep drive!
Also quite a handy technique if like me you dont like to start an engine up just to get the car in the garage.

KevinW
08-08-07, 03:00 PM
Kevin, If your looking at fitting into a garage surly you need at least body width + one door open, otherwise you'll never get out of it once your in there :rolleyes:

Unless of course you do a Bo and Luke impression :p

Bo & Luke? - whats that?

Ideally you are ofcourse correct. But I know I can get in and out with just a half open door. The real issue is having precious inches either side to be able to squeeze under and work on the car at the sides, and if the crendon was say an extra 6-7" wider than a sumo, it could be a deal breaker on the house i'm currently planning on making an offer on.

Kevin

Neil O
08-08-07, 03:11 PM
Bo & Luke? - whats that?

Were you born on the Sun? :eek:

Bo & Luke Duke.
Dukes of Hazzard.
Welded up doors on their Dodge Charger, so they had to climb out the windows.

Daisy Duke. :p:p

If you can fir the Sumo in your new garage then no doubt a Crendon will also fit.
As for building one, the more room you have the better. Saves getting grief for having parts spread all over the house.;)

dingocooke
08-08-07, 03:16 PM
Here you go:

152" long, 68" wide, 49" high

dingocooke
08-08-07, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Neil O;200454]

....Welded up doors on their Dodge Charger, so they had to climb out the windows....

QUOTE]

maybe they built it in a single garage as well ;-)

KevinW
08-08-07, 03:24 PM
Hmm, thanks, was never a DoH fan, was on TV past my bedtime. Top Cat, Blue Peter & Wackey Races for me. Perhaps that explains a lot.

>Saves getting grief for having parts spread all over the house.;)

OK, I wasnt going to mention it, but that factor no longer applies.

Kevin

dingocooke
08-08-07, 03:40 PM
The single life has many advantages!
But dont forget car and bike parts scattered round the place arent the greatest idea when your bringing bitches home for 'coffee...' hehe

Neil O
08-08-07, 04:19 PM
The single life has many advantages!

Yes, left handed mouse practice for one! ;)

Sorry Kevin, no sympathy here mate.

KevinW
10-08-07, 05:29 PM
Sorry Kevin, no sympathy here mate.

None wanted.......unless Dave's 'Lady in Black' is offering.

Kevin