http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/vbloyce/022.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/vbloyce/027.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/vbloyce/028.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/vbloyce/025.jpg

Cheers
Dan

Clarkson
09-09-07, 07:29 PM
Wick'd mate, your pipes look real good!!

Is it loud??

Sidecarbod
09-09-07, 07:32 PM
Your pipes look VERY nice, the fans look like they would scare the crap out of anyone daft enough to step out in front of you! :D

danny b
09-09-07, 07:45 PM
Wick'd mate, your pipes look real good!!

Is it loud??

Cheers mate

Totally different sound than before,they have a real deep rumble at tick over then when you hit the gas they really bark at you:D:D
Need to get them on a DB meter:lol::lol:

Andy S
09-09-07, 08:05 PM
Looking the dogs doo dahs Danny.

Purple AK
09-09-07, 08:11 PM
Who's pipes Dan???

danny b
09-09-07, 08:20 PM
Who's pipes Dan???

Hi Chris

A guy from Ashford (Zero Exhausts)

Purple AK
09-09-07, 08:32 PM
Hi Chris

A guy from Ashford (Zero Exhausts)
Nice............ :D

dave
09-09-07, 08:42 PM
I'm just thinking of the two poor sods who no longer have fan assisted ovens.:D:D

danny b
09-09-07, 09:09 PM
I'm just thinking of the two poor sods who no longer have fan assisted ovens.:D:D

:lol:
We are having takeaways from now on Dave;)

slogger
09-09-07, 09:22 PM
Looking good, but shouldn't those fans be closer to the rad with the motors toward the front of the car?? Forgive me, but I think the local Plod may give you a tug as they could be considered dangerous.

danny b
09-09-07, 09:39 PM
Looking good, but shouldn't those fans be closer to the rad with the motors toward the front of the car?? Forgive me, but I think the local Plod may give you a tug as they could be considered dangerous.

Hi Slogger
Yes mate they should be the other way but i like the look of them this way and if i get a tug from the old bill i will change them round;)

If you look close they don't protrude past the nose of the car

Cheers Dan

slogger
09-09-07, 09:46 PM
Hi Slogger
Yes mate they should be the other way but i like the look of them this way and if i get a tug from the old bill i will change them round;)

Cheers Dan

Keep your digits and small children well away. I thought mine were a problem!;)

robinj66
09-09-07, 09:59 PM
Looking Good mate. Can't wait to hear them pipes!:D

Like the quick lifts as well.

dave.n
09-09-07, 10:01 PM
Very shiny indeed.
Got to say not as shiny as your face once we got passed that pug on the way home yesterday.

Those pipes are lovely. :) Not as noisey as the old ones, but a far better sound going through the underpass at Brighton.

clive a brown
10-09-07, 04:22 PM
Love the quick lifts

hope you dont get burnt on the exhaust - look great

fans not for me

enjoy

Clive

danny b
05-07-08, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys,
Had some more work done what do you think8)

Miket
05-07-08, 10:40 PM
Hi Guys,
Had some more work done what do you think8)

Hope the van opposite isn't installing in your house. :twisted: ;) :D

craggle
05-07-08, 10:47 PM
Looking great Danny.:mrgreen:

What were the orange stripes meant to indicate? I have seen them on other cars but never knew what they meant.

Craig.

danny b
05-07-08, 10:54 PM

Mike that is my van just let me know when you want your stair lift installed might be able to get you a discount:D:D

danny b
05-07-08, 10:57 PM

What were the orange stripes meant to indicate? I have seen them on other cars but never knew what they meant.

Craig.

Craig

Dunno mate :confused::confused: i saw them on a racing cob in Vegas & thought they looked cool

Clarkson
06-07-08, 12:07 AM
Craig

Dunno mate :confused::confused: i saw them on a racing cob in Vegas & thought they looked cool

Looks good,all you need now M8,is a real engine!!:rolleyes::p;)

Chimeara
06-07-08, 07:41 AM
Dont quote me on it but I think I once heard a rumour that stripes across the wing indicated a new/novice racer.

I maybe wrong and no disrespect to you im sure your driving is fine lol.

craggle
06-07-08, 08:40 AM
That was the story I heard too but thought a Cobra was not the type of car to start your racing career in!

Craig.

V8 BJC
06-07-08, 12:49 PM
Car looking better and better Dan.

Anyone thinking about vynl stripes and graphics should take a look at this car. Looks awesome

kdavies3
06-07-08, 02:57 PM
Hi Slogger

Cheers Dan

If you've got them the wrong way round them presumably you have the running backwards to blow towards the rad??
Also the blades are most probably been designed to be run in the proper direction and won't be nearly as efficient backwards.
Also that far from the rad without ducting I doubt they'll work too well.

That said I love the pipes.

danny b
06-07-08, 08:19 PM
If you've got them the wrong way round them presumably you have the running backwards to blow towards the rad??
Also the blades are most probably been designed to be run in the proper direction and won't be nearly as efficient backwards.
Also that far from the rad without ducting I doubt they'll work too well.

That said I love the pipes.

Hi Kev
yes i do have them running backwards & yes i do have my rad ducted so no air can escape down the sides, i also didn't think they would be effective but to my surprise they work very well.
I have only lost two fingers so far mate:D:D

Dan

Andy S
06-07-08, 08:23 PM
Looking good Danny, just stop there though will you , we leave Weds morning dont forget !!!!

danny b
06-07-08, 08:32 PM
Looking good Danny, just stop there though will you , we leave Weds morning dont forget !!!!

:D;):D Mate i can't wait just a little bit excited

Andy S
06-07-08, 08:35 PM
Me too, went up to Billy's yesterday with Michelle to drop all the gear off for the van, and he's jumping as well.
Have to say I was in the mood to just get in the car and go yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!

alfiebeard
06-07-08, 08:46 PM

LOL Will be if he sticks his legs in them fans:rolleyes::-D;).

Stunning pipes though.
Alfie B

Noel
06-07-08, 09:11 PM
Looking better every time Dan, can't wait to see it again in the flesh on Wednesday, we'll have to compare with my new pipes?? :cool:

Clarkson
06-07-08, 09:19 PM
Looking better every time Dan, can't wait to see it again in the flesh on Wednesday, we'll have to compare with my new pipes?? :cool:

Quiet or noisy??

danny b
06-07-08, 09:21 PM

Hi Mate

Those pipes look the business cant wait to hear those beauties, have they made any difference to performance..:D

slogger
06-07-08, 09:29 PM
Hi Mate

Those pipes look the business cant wait to hear those beauties, have they made any difference to performance..:D

Does look very nice Danny.:cool::cool:

As for the stripes on the wing. They were to allow easy identification of which car was which. Two or three blue cobs in the heat of the moment could cause issues.

danny b
06-07-08, 09:41 PM

As for the stripes on the wing. They were to allow easy identification of which car was which. Two or three blue cobs in the heat of the moment could cause issues.

Thanks for clearing that up mate makes sense might be able to find mine in the middle of all the other blue & white stripes know:mrgreen::twisted:

slogger
06-07-08, 09:48 PM
Thanks for clearing that up mate makes sense might be able to find mine in the middle of all the other blue & white stripes know:mrgreen::twisted:

Nah! Going by the posts here they will all have strips on the wing!

Going to put some on mine to cover some body repairs untill I get it repainted.

Purple AK
06-07-08, 09:50 PM

As for the stripes on the wing. They were to allow easy identification of which car was which. Two or three blue cobs in the heat of the moment could cause issues.I make you correct Ian :cool: They were refered to as "Pit Stripes" or "Team Stripes" purely for Id purposes ;)

slogger
06-07-08, 09:57 PM
I make you correct Ian :cool: They were refered to as "Pit Stripes" or "Team Stripes" purely for Id purposes ;)

Cheers Chris.:cool: In my case they are 'Prayer Strips'. Duct tape holding the thing together.;)

Noel
07-07-08, 08:47 AM
Quiet or noisy??

Quieter cruising but much deeper sound, wholesome sound, World War 3 when you blat it :cool:

snakebite
07-07-08, 12:02 PM

Craig.

If stripes across the body this means a pro driver, if stripes front to back then that means an amateur driver. Heard this from a guy at the Shelby factory in the States.

PS Great exhausts etc.

KevinW
07-07-08, 06:11 PM
Car looking better and better Dan.

Anyone thinking about vynl stripes and graphics should take a look at this car. Looks awesome

does this mean that these are vynil stripes or they're painted?

Noel
07-07-08, 06:34 PM
does this mean that these are vynil stripes or they're painted?

Hi Kevin,

These are the best vinyl stripes/roundels/numbers that I have seen. It is only when you get right up close that you realise that they are not painted. very impressive. I first seen this car a few years ago and Dan has turned this ugly duckling into a swan :cool:

KevinW
07-07-08, 07:01 PM
interesting.
is it cheaper than paint to have vynil stripes?
how robust are they?
do they come off?

Kevin

Andy S
07-07-08, 07:29 PM
Kev these ones are very robust and as Noel says the absolute dogs doo dahs.
I do know that the company that fitted them would not do it for the same price again though.
Having said that they are good, very good.

What Danny has done to this car over the last year or so is very very nice and its a credit to him for staying focused to his 'plan'

For those at the classic its worth a look.

danny b
07-07-08, 08:41 PM
interesting.
is it cheaper than paint to have vynil stripes?
how robust are they?
do they come off?

Kevin

Hi Kev

All in it has cost about 500. They are wrap vinyl what vans etc are wrapped in so very robust they will only come off when pulled/picked. Good thing about them when you get bored you can have a change:mrgreen:
hth

Dan

KevinW
08-07-08, 05:05 PM
thanks, Kevin