PDA

View Full Version : October Meeting

gonzo
13-09-07, 07:12 PM
Hi chaps,
I have sold the beast < no not the wife> and intend to take on something else in the future, so, as I will be in Portugal next month, Kevin Dunn is going to organise the meet.
I hope plenty will attend as Kev' has offered to take over as regional rep' and as he is nearest to the "Bluebell" and always on "the keyboard" I think he's the best choice, anyway you can all have your say on here or at the meeting and let us all know your thoughts.
Also some have suggested alternative months at Scotch Corner,? So please make your feelings known either here or at the meeting.
I will still be coming but not next month, and not in the Cob'< sob!>

Cheers MIKE.

kayjayd
13-09-07, 07:52 PM
Iíd like to think I speak for everyone when I say a big thanks to Mike for setting up a more Northern, Northern meet. Also a personal thank you from me for the advice and guidance during my build Ė CHEERS mate. Itís a shame the beast has gone and I hope you can replace it with something else ASAP.

As Mike says Iím happy to take over the reigns but equally if anyone else wants to give it a go please shout up, it's a members decision.

I also echo Mikeís thoughts on potentially moving the meet further north either on alternate months or permanently. If it was further north I think it would attract the people from Tyne/Wear/Tees that currently donít bother as itís a 2 hour round trip. Also I think some organised drives would be a good idea, weíve got some excellent countryside and roads to have a go at so why not? We could also do with putting together a calendar of car events in the north and publish them in Snaketorque, this could drum up a bit of interest and bring in some potential Cobra drivers not on Tíinternet.

My car will be on the road in the next few months so I can take a more active part in things hopefully. Iím definitely going to the Le Mans Classic in July next year, anyone in the north up for it?

Weíve got a great bunch of lads coming to the meet and thereís a few newbies either building or buying in the area so letís see if we can build on Mikeís great start. See you all on 7th October at the Blue Bell, Kirby Hill, Boroughbridge.

kevchard
13-09-07, 08:26 PM
Hi Mike
I wish to thankyou aswel for representing us. I'm sorry we have not made it to any meets yet, but we will be attending some in the future.
Thanks Kev for taking over, i hope you get co operation of us 'northern folk' :).
Cheers
Kevin and Helen

philip600
13-09-07, 09:59 PM
Hi, Last month was was my first meet & unfortunately I couldn't stay too long, but the people who did attend seemed a friendly bunch ! I do hope to make it regularly in the future. Personally Kirby Hill & Scotch Corner are about the same distance from me ( about 45 mins ) but I think Scotch Corner would be better for anyone further North ( we do seem to get fortgotten up here )
Hope to see you all in October, Regards Phil.
P.S. I'm sorry to hear your cobras had to go mike.

kayjayd
14-09-07, 10:38 AM
Personally Kirby Hill & Scotch Corner are about the same distance from me ( about 45 mins ) but I think Scotch Corner would be better for anyone further North

Hi Phil, Scotch Corner is only a suggestion at this stage. I think it would be an idea to find out where everyone is in the area and work out the best location. Maybe somewhere closer to the A19 would be more sensible, maybe the Yarm area for instance?

Warren
15-09-07, 11:00 PM
Only got to a couple of meets due to car issues but thanks to Mike and his efforts it is at least established as a meet.

See you around in the future, Warren

gonzo
22-09-07, 08:01 PM
Thank's for the possitive remarks guys and thank's to Kev for taking over for me.
I hope you will all support his efforts on your behalf and I hope I will be welcome in whatever I build next?
Kevin is very keen and building a top motor so I'm sure will be an insperation to you all.

Cheers , look forward to seeing you all next year,

Best regards MIKE.

P.S. Members can now renew on line.

chiffer
23-09-07, 02:38 PM
A bit late in replying but had to go to Spain. Sorry you sold the cob Mike, and thanks for setting up this meet. Kevs' the man for the reps' job. He knows how to do it. You got my vote mate. See you next month.

kayjayd
29-09-07, 08:34 AM
It looks like the weather's going to be nice on Sunday so lets have as many people as possible at Boroughbridge. It would be good to get everyone's opinion on a more northern meet and I'm trying to put a schedule of events together for next year so everyone's input would be more than welcome.

chiffer
29-09-07, 01:05 PM
It looks like the weather's going to be nice on Sunday so lets have as many people as possible at Boroughbridge. It would be good to get everyone's opinion on a more northern meet and I'm trying to put a schedule of events together for next year so everyone's input would be more than welcome.

Kev, you do mean Sunday 7th and not tomorrow?

kayjayd
29-09-07, 01:17 PM
Kev, you do mean Sunday 7th and not tomorrow?

OOOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS - I did mate yes, I'm so eager to get on with things I'm a week early :-?:roll::shock: