PDA

View Full Version : where is everyone,

grizzly_a58
05-10-07, 06:30 PM
hmm, in the words of the great ewin mc'gregor, its shite being scottish. train spotting, good film.

kevchard
05-10-07, 07:12 PM
Well I was outside until i came in. I can't agree more about Trainspotting. "For your a vegetarian rents, you are a f#####g evil shot".
24 Hour party people was a good film aswel, Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. The list is endless (bit like one of your sentences Colin :p ).
Cheers
Kevin

grizzly_a58
09-10-07, 01:23 PM
hi kev, hows things going. .big space. i thought i was alone here, started talking to myself, funny thing was, i was answering back. hmm, time for another beer, cheers.

bluetoon
10-10-07, 11:38 PM
Medic, we need a medic hurry

kevchard
11-10-07, 08:29 AM
Hi Colin
I see your medication has been decreased again :p
Your Cobra will never get finished if you spend all your time on the forums :).
I hope things are well with you and your build.
Cheers
Kevin

grizzly_a58
16-10-07, 09:02 PM
hi kev, how you getting on, well decided to put forward hinge on my mk2 sumo, which didnt have one, made up the brackets , fiberglassed them in, lovely job i thought. put the body on to check things out, you guessed it, bloody thing didnt fit, hinges were hitting the rad, which was sitting nice,and an other bit of the chassi, well you could have blew me down with a feather, so after alot of cursing, and a fu###n lot more, i had a beer to calm down, so i had to alter all the rad mount, and part of the chassi, so hopefully it will fit now, i still dont know where to run my fuel pipes, this is causing me a lot of probs , any help would be good , pics even better, apart from that? things are hunkydory, ps, i tryed to email you the other day, but my computer decided, your shafted, and shut me down, such is life. time for a beer .cheers grizz.

kevchard
16-10-07, 09:18 PM
Hi Grizz
Sorry to hear about your clearance problems. Couldn't you make the brackets a tad thinner to avoid the offending article?
My brother and i have been making mods / adding bits to the cob over the last week. so far we have fitted the roll hoops and fitted the nice mirrors obtained from dingocooke. The last 2 days have been a nightmare. trying to get deflex bushes into the cortina front wishbones has taken far too long.
We are also trying the cheapskate approach to lowering the front end. We took a 9" angle grinder to the front springs to get them lower. Not enough was taken off tho as i was c######g myself about having a car 1" off the floor.
The other thing taking up my brain time is the servo. I have already posted in another section regading my dilema.
Good luck with your progress Colin.
Cheers
Kevin

grizzly_a58
23-10-07, 07:16 PM
great, we have a scottish shite? oops bit of the old Shaun connery coming out there.'' where the hell is everybody'' cant be in the pub, cant be cooking haggis, i know its to bloody cold to come out, hic' another beer please. grizz.

Davecw000
21-06-08, 05:39 PM
Iím in Afghanistan, Fantastic weather but no cob. Guess you canít have everything. Not sure how the suspension would cope either but then that would be the last thing Iíd be worried about. Happy cob is safe and sound at home (I hope)
Under rocket attack right now so sitting in body armour waiting for all clear. Certainly couldnít get in the car with this stuff onÖ..

Clive
21-06-08, 08:38 PM
Iím in Afghanistan, Fantastic weather but no cob. Guess you canít have everything. Not sure how the suspension would cope either but then that would be the last thing Iíd be worried about. Happy cob is safe and sound at home (I hope)
Under rocket attack right now so sitting in body armour waiting for all clear. Certainly couldnít get in the car with this stuff onÖ..

Keep up the good work. We're thinking of you guys and gals out there. I won't start with the politics but I'm proud of what you're doing. ;)

alfiebeard
21-06-08, 10:40 PM
Keep up the good work. We're thinking of you guys and gals out there. I won't start with the politics but I'm proud of what you're doing. ;)

So am I,
I have a relative over there at the moment and he reckons it,s getting pretty rough,
Look after youself and be aware we are all proud of you folks.;)8)

Alfie B

TINKA
21-06-08, 10:52 PM
I fully agree with Clive and Alfie take care out there.

Davecw000
24-06-08, 09:03 AM
Thanks for your best wishes guys. People here really do appreciate it.

I get out and about and do some travelling, believe me, I'm not looking for any medals....usually fly everywhere and had limited exposure to roads so long may that last, as this is where the casualties are coming from.

On leave begining of Sept for a couple of weeks so hopefully the weathers OK and I can enjoy the cob for at least part of the summer - Considering sticking a tent in the car and setting off for a few days. I can see it now........