PDA

View Full Version : Factory five at Exeter

simon
18-10-07, 07:28 PM
I've heard that Factory Five will be at the Exeter kit car show making an announcement!

dave
18-10-07, 08:31 PM
I believe that forum member Ian Hunter is their agent. He imported one and Chimera did some work on it. He has been quiet for some time now....Now we know why.
A brave move in the current climate seeing as there are already more manufacturers than customers. (IMHO, Just the way i see it)

Lets hope it does better than the Shell Valley cobra from a couple of years ago.

craggle
18-10-07, 08:36 PM
Cant really see why you would need to buy a car based on American running gear when there are plenty of good UK based kits available.
Is this the car that has the funny looking, squashed rear wheel arches and high boot line?

Craig.

craggle
18-10-07, 08:41 PM
Quite like the look of the Daytona replica though.

I reckon if a UK manufacturer such as Dax developed a Daytona shell to fit on their existing chassis, They would be onto a winner. I'd buy one....

Craig.

wilf
18-10-07, 09:25 PM
Cant really see why you would need to buy a car based on American running gear when there are plenty of good UK based kits available.
Is this the car that has the funny looking, squashed rear wheel arches and high boot line?

Craig.

The official term is "perky butt". ;)

dave
18-10-07, 09:28 PM
The official term is "perky butt". ;)

If that's the official term then what's the term for that thing hanging down underneath it, Piles?:D

Chimeara
19-10-07, 06:46 PM
Indeed the cars will be at exeter. Thanks Dave out of all of the people that know Im building there cars including the guys at Factory Five UK themselves your the only one that has put my name to the work and credited me for it. I have completely built the Daytona from scratch and all but built the Cobra rolling chassis. Hard to believe when you read pages 18 and 19 from the sept 07 snake torque.

Neil O
19-10-07, 10:42 PM
How did the builds go Antony?:confused:

Impulsebooks
19-10-07, 10:50 PM
Indeed the cars will be at exeter. Thanks Dave out of all of the people that know Im building there cars including the guys at Factory Five UK themselves your the only one that has put my name to the work and credited me for it. I have completely built the Daytona from scratch and all but built the Cobra rolling chassis. Hard to believe when you read pages 18 and 19 from the sept 07 snake torque.

Any photos online I can drool over?

Chimeara
20-10-07, 07:07 AM
Neil, yep just pinched myself as I thought I may of dreamt building them but on closer inspection there is an almost complete Daytona in the workshop.

Regarding pictures il put a few of the Daytona on later to wet your appetites.

So all you guys and gals travelling to exeter to see the cars please feel free to visit us (Absolute Horsepower Ltd) at stand M67 as we also build cars.

Im actually really looking forward to the show, we had great feedback from last year which was our first show and still like to thank all of the current manufacturers and suppliers for making us feel welcome in there playground and for supporting us over the last year.

westborne
22-10-07, 07:57 AM
I'm confused - (but that is normal)

Just got my copy of Snake Torque - (bet Steve B is chuffed having his car on the front cover! - nice to see my ugly mug covered by the title lettering!)

There is an article in there about these cars and there appears to be no mention of Anthony or "Absolute Horsepower" - Ant is this the same Daytona that you and Patrick have sweated blood over in your workshop ? - or have I got my wires totally crossed?

I suppose it can't be - as it doesn't mention you.

Catch up soon when you can explain.

wilf
22-10-07, 08:25 AM
Magic cars Chris - build themselves straight out of the box, apparently.

Chimeara
22-10-07, 03:57 PM
Chris its ok you can leave your pills alone today as there is no need to be confused.

You are very correct the Daytona that you saw is very well still parked in my workshop where we are still working away at it. It has indeed moved on alot since you last saw it and will be complete for the Exeter show.

Wilf, I aint no magician but if you consider magic then yeah they build themselves. Unfortunatly my assistant isnt as good looking as Paul Daniels think she is called Debbie Mcgee?

wilf
22-10-07, 05:11 PM
Anthony - you have PM