PDA

View Full Version : Hub Change

viperjim
31-10-07, 11:09 AM
can any one using granada running gear tell me what they use as the top ball joint . Im in the process of changing from sierra and the transit ball joint is far to small for the granada hubs , cheers jim

MattD
06-11-07, 06:12 PM
can any one using granada running gear tell me what they use as the top ball joint . Im in the process of changing from sierra and the transit ball joint is far to small for the granada hubs , cheers jim

Cortina top joint fits just fine, the taper fits the granada upright.

Matt

viperjim
07-11-07, 10:25 PM
thanks for the photo`s matt , but your set up is completely different to mine , if i`m not mistaken your using a cortina based chassis where as mine is sierra . I think ive got it sorted now , granada mark 3 hubs and carriers , bottom ball joint and track rod end . It`s just the top piece thats the problem , the transit ball joint bolts to a sleeve then slots in the top of the hub carrier , i presume it`s where the shock would go on the granada , trouble is the hole is bigger on the granada than sierra so i`m getting some bigger sleeves made up . Once thats done i can start on the back . The joys of the viper , cheers jim