PDA

View Full Version : Any Cobra members in S. Wales

kesha
09-11-07, 07:33 AM
Said it all in the title, lets wait for replies. Please say what your kit is to make it all of interest. Thanks

bitsilly
09-11-07, 04:59 PM
Why don't you start the ball rolling? Are you in SW? If so that makes er 3 I think!

kesha
09-11-07, 06:12 PM
Well Im East of Cardiff in ideal twisty narrow potholed tarmac lane, so where might you be? And Im contemplating the drive train bits that are required at the Mo!

bitsilly
10-11-07, 06:44 AM
The names Ed , I live out near Penarth and have a Ram with no interior, exhausts, wheels or SVA. Or paint, or windscreen, or wipers etc.. But I'm trying!
If you have not yet bought anything I would strongly suggest you give me a ring first. I'll send you a PM.

taurus
12-11-07, 06:39 PM
Hi,
I,m living in darkest West Wales, Llandysul and I have a Crendon. I know there are a few members in the Tenby area. Organise a meeting I'll come along we might get a South Wales group started.

Peter.

tommo748
14-11-07, 07:21 PM
hi i,m north of cardiff with an almost rolling chassi pilgrim sumo in blackwood

craigh
19-11-07, 09:48 PM
im near caerphilly

lumberjack
01-12-07, 02:39 AM
Well Im East of Cardiff in ideal twisty narrow potholed tarmac lane, so where might you be? And Im contemplating the drive train bits that are required at the Mo!

I'm just outside lampeter

blondie
16-12-07, 09:26 PM
Said it all in the title, lets wait for replies. Please say what your kit is to make it all of interest. Thanks
Hi! I'm a member, I live to the East of Cardiff too, in Marshfield! I have a 5.7L Chevy Dax. I haven't seen you around yet, I'll keep my eye out for you!!

blondie
16-12-07, 09:28 PM
Here's my baby.............

slogger
16-12-07, 09:30 PM
Hi! I'm a member, I live to the East of Cardiff too, in Marshfield! I have a 5.7L Chevy Dax. I haven't seen you around yet, I'll keep my eye out for you!!

Hi Blondie.

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hows things and the Dax?

Sorry to jump in here................I'm not anywhere near Wales!;)

blondie
17-12-07, 08:51 PM
Hiya!

I'm great thanks and the dax is even better ;-) And I have now had it a year and a half and haven't crashed!! I'm getting cocky in it now though so it's a good job we live in sunny britain and I can't get out in it enough!! Bring on summer please!! I miss my cobra....I love it too much to expose it to the salt :-(

kdavies3
19-12-07, 11:22 AM
And of course there's ME.

Near Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Tried to get a SW section going a couple of times in the past but got no help at all from the club membership folks after several times of asking.
Sadly gave up in the end. Also got uber busy.

Biggest problem is that we are spread over quite a large area so a central meet is always going to be difficult.

I know that there's at least one Cobra in Barry too.
It was sold to someone there by one the Gloucester/wilts possie that I meet up with quite often.

blondie
19-12-07, 09:46 PM
AND you'd never keep up with me either!!! ;-)

dgogroup
23-12-07, 06:43 PM
My kit was bought from cheetah cars ,chester le street, 20 yrs ago ,he took my money and i got most of the goods. No instructions, or suggestions ," use what you like, or what you can" we are going back to the days when you could buy a body from Exchange and Mart and Dax had just decided to produce their kit . Which believe me has greatly improved. Three children later and a divorce , the car is almost finished ,few technical details to resolve and a spray job and she s ready to sva. Its been a challenge , have a good christmas Dave

Kelvincob
06-01-08, 07:20 PM
Hi,

I live near Tenby West Wales I'm in the last couple of weeks of a on a GD with sidepipes, it should be SVA by Easter, there are some good roads for drive around West Wales should any club members find their way down here look me up there is always a welcoming cup of tea.

Kelvin

Paul Kemp
26-02-08, 07:26 PM
We are in Newgale and have joined very recently, although we don't have our car yet - the garage for it is still being built!
We didn't feel brave enough to build, at least to begin with, so have bought a RAM. Tenby is not far so do 2 owners constitute a regional group?????? Or is there someone else in sunny Pembrokeshire??
Ann and Paul

Kelvincob
26-02-08, 09:39 PM
Hi Paul,

You are more than welcome to pop over to see me, I'm in the garage most days I'm near to completing the build so I don't want to take any days off at the moment, I live in East Williamston not far from Kilgetty, here is my mobile number give me a call.

07773 620501

Regards

Kelvin

Rowly
07-09-08, 10:12 AM
Hi, all
I live near Carmarthen, I have recently finished my Pilgrim Sumo.
It would be interesting to meet up with any other owners within about 50 miles.
Or anyone would be welcome to visit me, No problem parking.. I have plenty of space...
look forward to meeting you all
Rowly

Paul Kemp
07-09-08, 02:27 PM
We have a RAM with a 350 chevy - only just arrived. That's the good news. We've only managed to take it out for 2 short bursts because of the awful weather and it is wonderful apart from the noisy diff and the gearbox which jumps out of 4th.
In addition to that, the car is trapped in the brand new especially built garage at the moment whilst the driveway is blockpaved. But give it a few weeks for that to be done ( quicker if it stops raining!) and a trip to our friendly local expert ( at least we hope he is!!) and we'll be up to meeting up with the west Wales gang!
I would send a photo but we're in a non broadband area so it takes days!
But if you see a Ferrari red with black interior RAM, then that's us!
Ann and Paul

Kelvincob
07-09-08, 05:44 PM
Hi Paul K & Rowly,

I've just finished building a Gardner Douglas, I should be having my SVA retest this week then I'll be on the road, I'm in Pembrokeshire in a village called East Williamston about a 1.5 miles from the roundabout at Kilgetty but on the A477 road to Pembroke, give me a call any time, it's been a while that I was the only guy building a Cobra Pems, we are getting a nice little crew down here now it would be great for us all to meet up, I just got this last hurdle to jump through this week.

Regards

Kelvin

craggle
07-09-08, 06:33 PM
Try jumping through rings and over hurdles!:mrgreen:

Good luck with the retest. Got the car finished just in time for the winter!

Craig.

Clarkson
07-09-08, 09:31 PM
Kev, Take you tel number off your post and do it via PM.;)

claude3c
09-09-08, 04:10 PM
im in sunny swansea
slowly stripping my xj40
Matt

Kelvincob
09-09-08, 06:26 PM
Hi Claude & David,

You better pull your finger out otherwise you'll find you are into a whole new set of SVA rules come next year, what Cobra are you planning on building, I'll PM you then you can pick up my e-mail address. :):)

Yeah I forgot about mobile numbers David & now it's to late to edit the thread, thanks for pointing that out to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best of luck

Kelvin

sparky1606
20-10-08, 11:27 AM
Hi im just getting my mk3 pilgrim, to rolling chassis stage,
and im living down gower in swansea.

Rowly
20-10-08, 12:47 PM
Hi im just getting my mk3 pilgrim, to rolling chassis stage,
and im living down gower in swansea.
Hi Sparky (don't know your name)
I am near Carmarthen,
Got my Sumo on the road earlier this year.
Contact me PM. maybe we could meet up.
I met with Kelvin, nr Tenby last weekend He Has a GD just on the road.
Regards
Rowland

Kelvincob
20-10-08, 03:26 PM
Hi Sparky,

Yeah I meet up with Rowland last weekend, we had a quick spin in each others Cobra, we compared our engines as we both got the same engine.

There seems to be a number of Cobra owners around South & West Wales if there is enough I'm thinking of planning a trip next year so you'll better get going if you coming along, if you need any help or advice PM me, if there are other members who are interested in a trip around the roads of Mid & West Wales PM me.
:idea:

Regards

Kelvin

kdavies3
28-10-08, 03:39 PM
Hi Kelvin,
I'll be up for a run in the Spring (if we have one):(
My Dax is still in the body shop following an impact with one of our robust Welsh sheep.:(
You wouldn't believe the final bill. :confused: Luckily that's why we have insurance. :)
I've ended up with a full respray and I've taken the opportunity to fit PAS while it was in.
Should get it back next week hopefully.:mrgreen:
Although I'm just going to tuck it up for the winter. The salty sea air plays havoc with the chrome.

We might get Ed (Bitsilly) on the road by then too???

Kelvincob
28-10-08, 04:28 PM
Hi Kev,

There already seems to be a bit of interest in a run next year, I think I'll post a invitation on the main forum, I've never organise anything like this so tips from anyone would be appreciated.

That will teach you for fitting chrome on a Dax, will only fit Stainless Steel on GD's Ha Ha!!!....... sorry Kev I couldn't resist that M8.

Regards

Kelvin

kdavies3
29-10-08, 01:19 PM
Hi Kelvin,
Stainless all well and good but soooo! heavy. :)

I've done a route or two in the past.

Best tip is to assume that you'll never maintain a convoy no matter how hard you try. :(

So issue clear instructions / maps, start, finish and meeting points for reassembly. I used rally style tulip diagrams last time it worked well I think.

Do the route youself in advance a time or two and make notes of roadsigns, cameras, places of interest etc.

It's not rocket science but takes a little effort. :)

cheers
Kevin

taurus
29-10-08, 02:11 PM
I'm quite surprised how many owners there are in South and West Wales and we don't have a centre. Tenby, Swansea, Gower, Carmarthen, Llandysul, Cowbridge, Newgale, Cardiff, Blackwood, Caerphilly, Lampeter. We have some of the best Cobra roads in the country, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, Cardigan coastal road, perhaps we could have a roving centre as we are quite well spaced out (we won't go into that now!!!). I'd love to see a Cobra convoy rattling the windows of some of the small villages arond here!.

Peter.

kdavies3
29-10-08, 03:00 PM
Hi Peter, I think a mobile meeting point is the only way forward as you say due the us all being spread over a wide area.
Last time I went up over Herwain Pass to Brecon I collided with a sheep on the way back, the cars still in the bodyshop. :(
It's a lovely run though, sadly for me most runs require a run up or down the M4, before I get to the the "proper" roads. :(

Kelvincob
29-10-08, 08:25 PM
Hi Kev,

You've got a PM.

Kelvin :D

lumberjack
29-10-08, 10:56 PM
I'm quite surprised how many owners there are in South and West Wales and we don't have a centre. Tenby, Swansea, Gower, Carmarthen, Llandysul, Cowbridge, Newgale, Cardiff, Blackwood, Caerphilly, Lampeter. We have some of the best Cobra roads in the country, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, Cardigan coastal road, perhaps we could have a roving centre as we are quite well spaced out (we won't go into that now!!!). I'd love to see a Cobra convoy rattling the windows of some of the small villages arond here!.

Peter.

Hi Peter,
Would love to join you all to rattle some windows , but i'd have to leave it to you guys to do the rattling as i don't think my pile of parts in the garage would rattle any windows at present unless i threw them at the windows & that would mean more delays to my cobra build.
perhaps i could play the support role in one of my tin tops.
Paul

Kelvincob
30-10-08, 09:54 AM
OK Guys,

I've been having a think about planning a trip for next year around the roads of Mid & West Wales, as it's the 1st trip I've ever organised like this I'll willingly take advice off others, one thing I will do is probably limit the numbers just to make it manageable but as a route I was thinking of is as the photo attached, I'll looked forward to any comments. :confused::confused:

Kelvin :D:D

kdavies3
30-10-08, 01:29 PM
I'd be quite quite happy to organise a run too. :)

In fact I already have one prepared that I've used before.:rolleyes:

It starts near Cowbridge and ends at Tintern Abbey taking in some lovely roads. It's around 120 miles :p
Bit of a long trek home for you guys in the west but maybe I could vary it a little.

I've also got another one which starts and finishes near Hay on Wye. :)

Roll on the spring. :(

Lloyd Barnes
30-10-08, 04:50 PM
I'd be quite quite happy to organise a run too. :)

In fact I already have one prepared that I've used before.:rolleyes:

It starts near Cowbridge and ends at Tintern Abbey taking in some lovely roads. It's around 120 miles :p
Bit of a long trek home for you guys in the west but maybe I could vary it a little.

I've also got another one which starts and finishes near Hay on Wye. :)

Roll on the spring. :(

If the Hay on Wye one ever runs again I'd be up for that. Roll on spring and my SVA! :razz:

Kelvincob
31-10-08, 08:24 AM
Hi Peter (Taurus),

Yeah I agree with you, there seems to be loads of Cobra owners around Wales they seem to be popping up from everywhere I never new there was so many, I think it would be a very good idea to have a rolling meet where we have a meeting at different area each time & run it as a sub region of the main Cobra club, why should the North & East of the country have all the fun, how something like that can get started I don't know, I believe Kev has tried to get something similar going before, if we can get enough members talking about it perhaps it will happen this time, then who knows where it will lead to perhaps even a kit car show for Wales :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kelvin

Rowly
31-10-08, 06:38 PM
Hi All
I Look forward to a meetup in the spring.
there are a few small car shows that take place in various locations.
Scolton Manor, classic car show, I know one of the members of a local club, could get us some tickets & we could have our own little section!!
I also know the guy who organised the modified car show at Pembrey this year, it was a great success, (mostly scoobies) but I was invited & a great deal of interest was shown, maybe we could tag onto that one. when it next comes up. Most show organisers like to see extra groups within the shows, it give mr & mrs public a bit more to gawp at.
Rowland

lumberjack
01-11-08, 08:03 PM
Hi Claude & David,

You better pull your finger out otherwise you'll find you are into a whole new set of SVA rules come next year, what Cobra are you planning on building, I'll PM you then you can pick up my e-mail address. :):)

Yeah I forgot about mobile numbers David & now it's to late to edit the thread, thanks for pointing that out to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best of luck

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin .
You could PM Rob or Bigtone to get your mobile number removed ;-) has been done in the past.
Paul

Johnboy
01-02-09, 11:46 AM
Hi johnboy just joined. live Llanelli Building Sumo 3.9 rover luv to hear from anyone in s wales can we get a group together, or is ther already one?

Kelvincob
01-02-09, 02:35 PM
Hi Johnboy,

I live in East Williamston near Kilgetty, Pembroke, I have a GD 427 with sidepipes & short driveshafts, PM me we are hoping to sort out a run out come the summer if you are interested, there seems to be a number of Cobra owners between south & west Wales.

Regards

Kelvin

Rowly
01-02-09, 08:17 PM
Hi John
welcome to the forum.
I live near Carmarthen, building my second Sumo.
you are welcome to pop round any weekend, there are a few of us in s wales, we should all arrange a meet
cheers
Rowly

claude3c
09-02-09, 02:29 PM
My project has come to a huge stop at present. work has stopped all overtime and cutting back on bonus's all spare cash has stopped im hoping to have money to get chassis end of this year Boo!!!

Rowly
09-02-09, 05:00 PM
My project has come to a huge stop at present. work has stopped all overtime and cutting back on bonus's all spare cash has stopped im hoping to have money to get chassis end of this year Boo!!!

Don't worry mate, there is always a way of getting things done

kdavies3
03-08-09, 01:09 PM
Does anyone think it will stop raining at some point to allow us to gather for a run???:rolleyes:

Paul B
03-08-09, 03:01 PM
Hey Kev

Does this mean that Sandra is going to let you out again or that the sheep have forgiven you ???

If you do arrange a South Wales run (in the dry) let us know.

Cheers

Paul

bitsilly
06-08-09, 08:05 AM
Mine is still at Thunder road and will be for 3 weeks more or so. The only way I can cope with this fact is due to the shi*e weather, if it was sunny I would be insane by now!

The day it comes back, the great weather will arrive too, so I fancy trying it out ASAP!

Has anyone got a tow rope/fire extinguisher/oil refinery?

Rowly
06-08-09, 10:28 AM
Does anyone think it will stop raining at some point to allow us to gather for a run???:rolleyes:

Hi All
There is a car show coming up on Sunday 16th August at Pembrey race track. Not a track day, but a modified car show, a lot of scoobies etc.
a Freind of mine is running it, there was a good turnout last year, I was the only Cobra there (by invitation).
I am sure my freind Gordon would be pleased to give complimentary tickets to any Cobra guys, might be a nice venue for a meet up, hopefully the weather might be good
let me know any interest
Rowly

Rowly
13-08-09, 06:29 PM
Carmarthenshire car show
Sunday 16th August
Pembray Motor Circuit
near Kidwelly, Carmathenshire

Cars Exhibiting £5 entry Includes 2 adults
attend 7.30 to 9.00 am

public entry £2 adults children free
entry 10am -4pm

I will be there (weather permitting) in my Blue Cob
look forward to seeing any members there

Rowly
13-08-09, 06:44 PM
Carmarthenshire car show
Sunday 16th August
Pembray Motor Circuit
near Kidwelly, Carmathenshire

Cars Exhibiting 5 entry Includes 2 adults
attend 7.30 to 9.00 am

public entry 2 adults children free
entry 10am -4pm

I will be there (weather permitting) in my Blue Cob
look forward to seeing any members there

update
The show is
Modified Car Show, incorporating Gwendraith Classic car Show
postcode is
SA16 0HZ

organizer is Gordon 07843005395

Johnboy
14-08-09, 09:15 PM
Hi rowley
Just got my sva re-test. passed ok and appointment at dvla swansea for inspection on 26th.
will try to get to pembrey on sunday
johnboy.(Sumo 3.9)