PDA

View Full Version : Door locks

ceejayjay
15-11-07, 03:08 PM
The door locks on the RAM I've just bought are the dogd bollocks for looking period authentic but they rattle like hell. Can't see how one can adjust them so they keep the door pulled tight? What am I missing. The door lug on which they catch look fixed - or is moveable without having to drill a new hole etc. Loosk like it should be easy but feeling dumb and don't want to start re fibregalssing or drilling when there might be a better way.

Cheers
Chris

neil still building it
15-11-07, 03:24 PM
hi chris
have you tried sponge rubber in the door shuts to tension the doors in their apertures?
neil

ceejayjay
15-11-07, 04:06 PM
Thanks Neil - not a bad idea at all.

Miket
15-11-07, 04:11 PM
The door locks on the RAM I've just bought are the dogd bollocks for looking period authentic but they rattle like hell. Can't see how one can adjust them so they keep the door pulled tight? What am I missing. The door lug on which they catch look fixed - or is moveable without having to drill a new hole etc. Loosk like it should be easy but feeling dumb and don't want to start re fibregalssing or drilling when there might be a better way.

Cheers
Chris

Take the cover of the door catch, which should be held on with a small screw in the centre, inside there should be 4 screws/bolts holding it to the door, try tightening them up. ;) ;)