PDA

View Full Version : December meet. New venue, my garage

kayjayd
26-11-07, 11:30 AM
It's my SVA a week Tuesday so I wondered if anyone in the area would be kind enough to offer your experience and have a good look over my car next Sunday as it's the first Sunday of the month. I'll put on beers/coffees/hot beef rolls or whatever. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you directions.

Cheers

kayjayd
02-12-07, 09:26 AM
It looks like the weather is conspiring against me today so no problem if no-one fancies venturing out. :(

kevchard
02-12-07, 09:56 AM
Hi Kev
I hope the weather dries up for Tuesday. We will be thinking of you.
Have you any concerns specifically or is it the usual last minute panic?
Which test centre are you booked in with, do i remember you mentioning Beverley? Good luck and let us know how you get on :).
Cheers
Kevin
PS When the health issues in our house improve we will be out in the Cob a lot more (including the odd meeting).

Trevor
02-12-07, 10:46 AM
Kev
Best of luck on the test and hope the weather is kinder than today.
I`m sure you will have double checked everything, how confident are you about noise levels ?
Trevor

chiffer
02-12-07, 01:13 PM
Sorry Kev, can't make it today. Got to go shopping for some unknown reason. Is something going to happen soon? It's not my birthday.
All the best with the SVA.

Cheers.

kayjayd
03-12-07, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

The weather was truly shocking yesterday and I got nothing done at all. John C came down (in his tin-top) and had a good look round. He pointed out a few wire tidying jobs which I've done. My screen wash motor packed up yesterday - ironic or what !!!! I've fitted a new one from a local scrappy today - PHEW.

8am at Beverley tomorrow so it's a very early start for me. All of the final jobs are done now so it's in the hands of the SVA guys. I'm taking a boot full of tools, tie wraps, edging trim, rubber hose etc. etc. etc.

Fingers crossed :p

wilf
03-12-07, 05:49 PM
Good luck tomorrow.:smile:

Miket
03-12-07, 06:01 PM
Kev

Good luck :D :D

If you have an SVA manual, take it with you for reference just in case. ;)

kayjayd
03-12-07, 06:40 PM
Cheers Wilf/Mike. I'm taking my laptop with the SVA manual PDF on it as well as all my build photos. I may put questions on here mid-SVA if things are going pear-shaped, I have anywhere T'internet on my laptop :D

ldtopham
03-12-07, 08:20 PM
Best of luck Kev, not that you'll need it;) Don't forget proof of engine age documents, spec sheets for any fuel lines that are visible (I was asked about the suitability of my Aeroquip hose) that was all I was asked to provide.

Wishing good weather for us both as I am trailering to VOSA for registration inspection tomorrow.

Enjoy,

gonzo
18-12-07, 08:00 PM
Congrats' Kev' , I knew it would pass O.K.! Job done!
How goes the registration?
Just back on line after a week off due to talk talk upgrading the system and completely f8709ing my computer up, but I am now on 6.8 !!! happy again.

Talk soon best,
MIKE. < ex rep!>

Miket
18-12-07, 08:11 PM
Just back on line after a week off due to talk talk upgrading the system and completely f8709ing my computer up, but I am now on 6.8 !!! happy again.

Talk soon best,
MIKE. < ex rep!>

OOOOOPS not a good sign for us AOL users as Talk Talk is part of the Carphone Warehouse as is AOL now, I've just had notification that AOL will be upgrading there system in the next couple of months, probably bringing it all under one roof. :( :(

kayjayd
19-12-07, 10:22 AM
Congrats' Kev' , I knew it would pass O.K.! Job done!
How goes the registration?

Talk soon best,
MIKE. < ex rep!>

I thought that Talk Talk upgrade would kill it, bunch of muppetts. Is your firewall & anti-virus still ok? I'll pop over and sort it for you again if needs be.

Registration is sorted and I've been for a few drives out. I'm coming nowhere near your speed humps though as I bottomed my sump plug on one yesterday. No big drama, I just tightened it up again. I'm making a sump guard today :D