PDA

View Full Version : Our New Car's Arrived

DevonFrog
26-12-07, 09:37 AM
Hello!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas - ours started early as we collected our Cobra from Thornfalcon Cars on 21st - would have let everyone know earlier but have been too busy driving it!!! Certainly gets a reaction along Torbay Seafront!

Anyway - looking forward to 6th Jan at Ley Arms to show everyone - you can point out all the bad bits for us (!) but hopefully it'll be a welcome addition to the car park.

Happy New Year, Laura and David

Miket
26-12-07, 09:49 AM
Excellent David, see you on the 6th. :D

Be careful on these damp roads. ;) :D

andy l
26-12-07, 10:18 AM
Hi David and Laura

Good news on the car, well done, make sure you keep the wheels and car washed, when you finished your drives, so much salt about, hope to see you at next meet, happy new year, Andy :D

Miket
26-12-07, 10:21 AM
Hi David and Laura

Good news on the car, well done, make sure you keep the wheels and car washed, when you finished your drives, so much salt about, hope to see you at next meet, happy new year, Andy :D

Hi Andy

Did you get your new toy ;) ;) :D :D

andy l
26-12-07, 10:27 AM
Hi Andy

Did you get your new toy ;) ;) :D :D

Yes, just sent you a pm. Andy ;)

Miket
26-12-07, 10:32 AM
Yes, just sent you a pm. Andy ;)

Come on Andy, spill the beans on your new addition to the family, I'm sure the guys would love to see some pictures and the spec. :D :D

andy l
26-12-07, 10:47 AM
Come on Andy, spill the beans on your new addition to the family, I'm sure the guys would love to see some pictures and the spec. :D :D

All right then mike, its a MK1 GT4O, from RCR it will have a ford 302 engine with weber IDF carbs, which is now sitting in my garage, I try to sort out some pics later, Andy

stu e
26-12-07, 12:09 PM
Hi Devonfrog

Was that you out in Paignton about 7.30 in the evening sunday?

Regards Stu

Miket
26-12-07, 09:35 PM
All right then mike, its a MK1 GT4O, from RCR it will have a ford 302 engine with weber IDF carbs, which is now sitting in my garage, I try to sort out some pics later, Andy

Here's a picture of Andy's addition new toy just delivered from the States. :D

What you going to do Andy, wear the Dax on one foot and the GT 40 on the other. http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/Smilies/drive1.gif

P.S Andy you can upload pictures of the size you sent me without re-sizing them, Rob has increased the limit to 3.81mb ;) ;)

DevonFrog
26-12-07, 11:28 PM
Hi Devonfrog

Was that you out in Paignton about 7.30 in the evening sunday?

Regards Stu
I think that would have been Laura taking my brother for a drive! Taken it out a few times so far inbetween the icy roads and rain!! Washed and tucked up in the garage now - I think she'll be out next on the 6th. How'd you see it??

DevonFrog
26-12-07, 11:29 PM

What you going to do Andy, wear the Dax on one foot and the GT 40 on the other. http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/Smilies/drive1.gif

P.S Andy you can upload pictures of the size you sent me without re-sizing them, Rob has increased the limit to 3.81mb ;) ;)
That looks stunning!!

DevonFrog
26-12-07, 11:34 PM
Hi David and Laura

Happy New Year to you too! Cobra's washed and put away until 6th now - can't believe how dirty the roads are. I'm getting depressed about how dirty the Passat is so the Cobra's staying warm and clean!

Could do with a bit of advice though... how do you wash a Cobra without getting the inside soaking, but making sure it's washed properly?!! Only way I can see it so far is just not to get it dirty in the first place. Anyways, looking forward to the 6th to show everyone. There's a few imperfections with the paintwork but we love it.

stu e
27-12-07, 06:07 AM
I think she'll be out next on the 6th. How'd you see it??[/quote]
I was taking my neice and nephew home and my nephew spotted you, heading towards Paignton.
Regards Stu

simon
27-12-07, 08:28 AM

NICE!
Are you a frequenter of the gt40s.com forum?
Simon

andy l
27-12-07, 09:37 AM
NICE!
Are you a frequenter of the gt40s.com forum?
Simon

Hi Simon, yes picking everybodys brains at the moment, just like the cobra forum during my cob building days, gt40.com, many guys with good advice, and love the build items, the RCR boys have set a very high standard, hope i can keep up the standrad over here, Andy :mrgreen:

Clive
27-12-07, 10:17 AM
[quote=DevonFrog;217917]

Could do with a bit of advice though... how do you wash a Cobra without getting the inside soaking, but making sure it's washed properly?!! quote]

Carefully! :p

kayjayd
27-12-07, 10:50 AM

I LIKE - love GT40's. Good luck with the build.

westborne
28-12-07, 10:38 AM
Hi Dave and Laura - Congrats on picking the car up !!!

Kept looking in Thornfalcons window when I drove past but didnt spot it.

As regards washing it - just be carefull around the cockpit area !
Did you get your hood OK ?

Andy that really looks the bees knees - Oakers will be jealous - he was always on about a GT 40 before he got his Crendon.

Neil landed in Italy eventually after falling out with every customs and border official on the way.