PDA

View Full Version : Viper Radiator Positioning

CeeJay
06-01-08, 10:25 AM
Hi Guys

Do any of the viper brigade have to hand, pictures showing how/where the radiator is positioned on the chassis? I've no plans to work from so some inspiration in the shape of a few pics might be of great help!

CeeJay.

kevchard
06-01-08, 11:08 AM
Hi Ceejay
Congrats on the engagement, i would have got car finished first if i were you ;).
Regarding the Rad position, i found at the front of the car was the best place :).
I fitted mine on top of the 2 sloping chassis rails so as you can get the rad out of the front opening in the bodyshell if need be.
To be fair tho, we sed the Granada Rad which i think is bigger than the sierra one. So you may be able to fit the rad between the sloping (30 degree slope roughly) chassis rails instead.
I will try to dig out some pics.
If you want i can post a cd rom up of all our build pics.
Cheers
Kevin

CeeJay
06-01-08, 11:21 AM
Congrats on the engagement

Kevin

Thanks mate!

Regarding the Rad position, i found at the front of the car was the best place :).

Kevin

Cheeky sod! (Sorry Rob can I call him that on the forum? ;>).

Seriously thou any pics u could send up could be a big help.

What I was thinking of doing was mounting the radiator where the front most suspension bolts pass thru the chassis. Sounds odd but bear with me - these would act as a pivot point. I could then make up brackets (which can be adjusted) at the top of the radiator to fix the rad in position - this would allow me to adjust the height and angle of the radiator to allow for the best cooling. It would also mean that I can adjust the rad if it fouls the body. (For reasons which would take to long to go into the body's not going on for a while yet).

Genius? Doubtful. Madness? Definitely...

CeeJay.

kevchard
06-01-08, 12:30 PM
Hi Ceejay
The attached pic is the best i could find. Altho it doesn't show the rad, it shows how much room you have near the bodyshell/chassis.
Cheers
Kevin

CeeJay
06-01-08, 07:23 PM
Thanks Kevin

That does help a lot - its been so long since the bodies been on the car that its hard to remember space I have under the bonnet.

I can now sort out the positioning.

CeeJay.

dolphinboy400
06-01-08, 09:45 PM
dunno if this helps. mines a classic replica's viper with a granada rad. We used two bits of box section to mount to. the only problem is this is with a pinto engine and im pretty sure it needs mounting the other side of those uprights if you have a bigger engine.

steamyrotter
06-01-08, 10:32 PM
CeeJay

Here is a picky of my brackets.
Sierra 4x4 rad
Pic 1 - the bottom mount actually goes on the 2 bolts not the one it's hanging from

The other shows it in place prior to body going on.

The rad is not on at the mo as boody fitting is taking place.

However the bottom mount (with the round hole) are 5mm from teh bottom lip of the body and as such i have glassed some brackets to the body and bolted it there.

HTH