13-01-08, 05:09 PM
the newsletter of the

Cobra Replica Club

East Anglia region 2008

January 2008

Hello all,
Happy New Year.
Last Month
I can report that the drive to last monthís meet in La Rosiere was very interesting. I think we counted around 25 hairpin bends up to the Col de la Petit Saint Bernard. Not quite as much fun in an automatic Toyota Eurobox as it would have been in the Cobra but still a good view. There are still kennels there housing the famous St Bernard dogs. Most of their work now is posing for photographs with tourists rather than dispensing Brandy to folk who happen to have become stuck in a snowdrift. Saying that, I can understand how someone might become snowbound, I have never visited such a windy ski resort. I suppose being one of the main passes in the Alps means that it is the easiest route for the wind and weather. Itís also an easy route for elephants apparently. Hannibal is reputed to have crossed the alps there.
No other Cobras made it to the meet so I must assume that most of you either stayed at home in front of the fire or popped out to the Old Buckenham Gamekeeper for a pre Christmas bevy and chat. However there were no spies present to report any gossip.
My duties as Ski Club Representative for Fernie Alpine Resort will once again draw me away to the Canadian Rockies of British Columbia for three and a bit weeks. This will mean that the next couple of meets require the press ganging of folk to act as hosts.

This Month. January 20th.
Barham Sorrel Horse Inn, Old Norwich Road, Barham, Ipswich, Suffolk IP6 0PG
Tel: 01473 830327 Fax: 01473 833149.
I will pick on Guy Beston to be in charge of this meet.

Workshop News
The V8 Aston was supposed to have bonnet, boot and doors gapped by the paintshop the week before Christmas. However the guy they were going to use to do the job went elsewhere for that week. This has put things back a bit as I needed that work done before I can finish the chassis work. Things should be back on course now though.
The Goodwood car is now progressing steadily. All the alloy panel work is completed and it is just a case of fitting it all up to the chassis.
The next build is likely to be a demonstrator. I have already started work on the chassis and once the V8 car is finished and off and gone away to itís new home work can begin.
I hope to arrange a workshop open day sometime in April as in previous years. There should be plenty of Aston stuff to have a look at as well as access to the ramps for any fettling. BBQ and swap meet may also be on the cards. Watch this spaceÖ
Monthly Meets. (Third Sunday 12:00ish)

February 17th. The Lord Nelson, Walsingham Road, Burnham Thorpe, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 8HN.
Tel: 01328 738241 Mail: enquiries@nelsonslocal.co.uk
Nelsonís birthplace apparently.
I will pick on Andy Howell for this one as he only lives a little way up the road.

March 16th. TBC. Suggestions and volunteers please.

I will not post a newsletter for next month unless someone writes one for me and emails to the address below.

Many thanks and Bye for now.

Andy.

My contact details are as follows;
Home: 01473 250 295 Mobile: 07909 531 816. Workshop: 01379 688 356. E-mail: andrewsoar@yahoo.com
Web: www.asmotorsport.co.uk