PDA

View Full Version : A blinding Trackday

robert
25-08-01, 07:53 PM
Hi

Just a quick note to say thanks to everybody who took the time to come to Wroughton today and support me in my efforts regarding the trackday.

To the rest of you, B$%%&úS

The sun shone, there were semi naked women, cocktails, the work.

Sorry, somewhere else then.

Well, the sun really did shine and the weather stayed glorious, however Wilf has asked me to arrange for it to be a little cooler next time.

Everyone had a great time, no accidents, no drama, and all in all a wonderful day.

Thanks again everyone, hope you all enjoyed it.

:+ :+ :+

cgnw28517
26-08-01, 11:44 AM
Well after all the pre-trackday banter and mickey taking just who was fastest on the day}> }> }> }>
Col.

robert
26-08-01, 11:59 AM
We never did get to find out as Wilf kept going backwards, sideway, and occasionally forwards.

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

wilf
29-08-01, 09:39 PM
Col - my apologies for having been away for a few days since Wroughton. What Rob is trying to say is that whilst I might indeed have been indulging in a few sideways moments (out of boredom for lack of competition), it was only when the full race GD Racer appeared that I felt a trifle miffed. This was only because I completely missed the braking point at the bottom hairpin, and thus gracefully allowed the aforementioned full race GD to pass on the inside.
Of the blowerless GD - it never appeared on the track except when I was on a cooling down lap!! (oil temp does get a bit high on the track). After this he had the temerity to say " weren't you going to try Wilf" - I said "not with 110 degree oil temps, no! Where were you when I was giving it some?"

Answer - behind me.

Yours in Fords

Wilf

robert
29-08-01, 10:08 PM
I was back out, but every time I came out, you came in, were you avoiding me?

Cooling down lap, if you had a decent engine, you wouldn't have those sorts of problems.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

wilf
29-08-01, 10:43 PM
Rob - my answer is still the same - when I was trying, you weren't there!!

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Wilf

robert
29-08-01, 10:45 PM
From what I have heard, yes you can be very trying.

:*

wilf
29-08-01, 10:45 PM
ALso - nothing wrong wiv my engine - it's just the oil cooler I have to sort (also the diff now i've gone and buggered it up)

Wilf

robert
29-08-01, 10:47 PM
Expensive game these Cobras.....

wilf
29-08-01, 10:49 PM
BTW Rob - no-one else seems to have said it yet - thanks for organising the day, it was great fun. Decided yet what the optional "top up" figure might be?? Count me in for that.

Too many GD's tho', and all ('cept one) a bit slow! (and it weren't yours)

Wilf