PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Meet

VeeEight
06-02-08, 11:34 PM
Hi All

Just wondering if anybody is going to the meet at the Black Boy on Sunday. Looks like the weather is going to be excellent.
Phil

David Large
07-02-08, 04:59 AM
I think I will.

David

David Large
07-02-08, 06:35 AM
Hi All

Just wondering if anybody is going to the meet at the Black Boy on Sunday. Looks like the weather is going to be excellent.
Phil

The BBC 5 day forecast shows black clouds ....................well over Walsall anyway! If the rain keeps off i will go, maybe some of the other Walsall guys will too.

DL

VeeEight
07-02-08, 09:09 AM
Hi David

BBC 10.00pm weather last night said Sat & Sun dry & warm. Know what you mean about Walsall, always rains when I go there and the one in Poland.

Phil

kurrmet
07-02-08, 06:45 PM
Hi All

Phil

Hi Phil

Yes we will be there as usual for a chat drink and some of us are trying to organise ferries ready for Le-Mans Classic. So yes please came along :D

VeeEight
07-02-08, 08:29 PM
Hi Iain

I will be there on Sunday. We have something in common now, a Mr Huddart engine!!

Phil

David Large
07-02-08, 10:49 PM
Hi David

BBC 10.00pm weather last night said Sat & Sun dry & warm. Know what you mean about Walsall, always rains when I go there and the one in Poland.

Phil

Am yow the bloke that brings the cowin' rain to Walsall then!

DL

badcob
09-02-08, 11:57 PM
hi i will be there but going to the brit first promissed to show some mates my cob see you there speck.

David Large
10-02-08, 08:14 AM
Why don't we all go to the Britannia then and meet there?

DL

PAULGD
10-02-08, 09:08 AM
Which pub are you meeting at, wouldn't mind a run out.
Paulgd

David Large
10-02-08, 09:10 AM
The proper meeting pub is The Black Boy at Knowle. I am going to go there at about 12 noon

DL

davep
10-02-08, 05:55 PM
Great run out today, and opportunity to put faces to names. Car got back in one piece, didn't run into the back of anyone Tony, although got a bit worried when the brake warning light started coming on under acceleration! Time to look at the plumbing me thinks!:-)

Car washed, polished, and tucked up for another week.

Dave

TonyD
10-02-08, 09:45 PM
Great run out today, and opportunity to put faces to names. Car got back in one piece, didn't run into the back of anyone Tony, although got a bit worried when the brake warning light started coming on under acceleration! Time to look at the plumbing me thinks!:-)

Car washed, polished, and tucked up for another week.

Dave

Glad to hear you got back safely Dave, we just used a copy of the Sunday Times to soak up all the brake fluid on the car park:mrgreen:

You have made a lovely job of the car and should be really proud of it.

Cheers,

Tony

David Large
12-02-08, 07:23 AM
Good to see everybody and Dave P, that is a nice car. Mind you so was Phil's.

Question for Iain. During the winter should we have the meet on the same day as the Britannia event and meet there? Could be good and wider interest. Maybe the organisers would let us have a patch for our group?

We might have to get Tony to up the chairman's wardrobe a bit if we are going to take him out in front of the general public!

Just a thought

DL

tonym
12-02-08, 08:40 AM
We might have to get Tony to up the chairman's wardrobe a bit if we are going to take him out in front of the general public!

Hey, I was incognito :eek:

A man of my position has to be careful about where and with whom he's seen :p:p

VeeEight
12-02-08, 03:18 PM
Hi David

Agree with you, would be nice to meet at the Britannia. We could convoy over to the Black Boy later in the day if we wanted to.
Know what you mean about the chairman's apparel, he had more grease on his trousers than I have in my ball joints.

Phil

tonym
12-02-08, 07:50 PM
Know what you mean about the chairman's apparel, he had more grease on his trousers than I have in my ball joints.

I dunno, you make the effort to go and see the supporters in other regions, and all you get is abuse :D:D8)

davep
12-02-08, 08:00 PM
I thought it was our chairman, but daren't ask, was expecting to see normal regalia etc, especially on a formal visit to meet the other regions :-)

As for moving to the Britannia fine with me if we can get an area to meet together. I guess closer to gloucester although not such a nice run. If we stay at the Black Boy we need to change the midlands aftershave, a slightly nicer pong would be nice!

Dave