PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Connection

cobraeddie
16-02-08, 08:33 PM
Being a new member on this site, I wondered what happened with the Shelby/Ram aggrement that took place back in the 90's. I had a RAM and after donating some cash, Adrian sent me a certificate and two emblems that said "Design approved by Carroll Shelby". Of course I let them go with the car when I sold it. Over here in the good ole USA, Shelby tries to sue everyone that steps on his toes. Did it with Superformance, Factory Five and some others.
Do any of you guys know what happened as far as the original aggrement?

Cheers
Mark

Steve-Art
17-02-08, 11:38 AM
Hi Mark,

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Shelby received much if any donations from RAM so a falling out occured hence very few CSXR plates around!

Steve

wilf
17-02-08, 01:08 PM
It was a pure money-spinning approach from Shelby - he would endorse your left buttock if there was a dollar in it. All wrapped up in some "heart foundation" charity over which there was a lot of controversy.

One thing is for sure - that endorsement meant nothing so far as the cars themselves were concerned............

cobraeddie
17-02-08, 04:13 PM
Hey Wilf, haven't heard from the English Gashole for a while. Last I heard you were thinking of selling your Crendon. Still got it?
Yea, I know what you mean about of Shel signing stuff. Signed my glovebox and charged $225.00. Figure that out by the hour for labour!!
I thought when I received my little trinkets for the RAM it might add some value. Wrong, didn't add a bean to the re-sale.
Thanks for the replies and if I can help any of you guys out with parts/advice concerning US parts/service, don't hesitate to ask
By the way Wilf, seen David Shelton and Kelly Mullens recently at one of our Houston Cobra events. Seems I am surrounded by Gasholes here!!

Mark

dingocooke
17-02-08, 06:45 PM
Yep just another Shelby moneyspinner from what I saw at the time; here's a blank one from then...

wilf
17-02-08, 07:04 PM
By the way Wilf, seen David Shelton and Kelly Mullens recently at one of our Houston Cobra events. Seems I am surrounded by Gasholes here!!

Mark

You obviously move in very low circles. LOL. Those two are my favourite Texan Gasholes! David has taught me a lot of Texan sayings, so now I am $hitting in high cotton.............and Kelly has taught me to avoid anything Orange. :mrgreen:

dingocooke
17-02-08, 07:09 PM
.....has taught me to avoid anything Orange. :mrgreen:....

what like Koolaid LOL..........................

dolphinboy400
17-02-08, 08:38 PM
i thought the shelby ram thing happened by pure chance, Shelby just happened to be at the same event that the ram was and a bit of a chat later ram anounced that their car got shelby's approval. I may be wrong as ive read many stories and oppinions. you should give Beachcomber a PM and see if he knows, as he is more likly to know than most .

cobraeddie
17-02-08, 08:45 PM
Yep Dingocooke, that's the very one. Got it plus the 2 side emblems.
I think it was a $427.00 donation to his questionable charity

Mark

rich
17-02-08, 10:44 PM
You'd think for that kinda money they could get the date right :mrgreen:

simon finlay
17-02-08, 10:58 PM
Mr Shelby signed my glove box for>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nothing!!!!!!!!

Shocked, not as much as he would be if he realised that he had actually signed the leather that was used on the glove box later, I had wrapped it around the cover of a book which gave the impression it was leather bound and he signs books quite gladly, naughty, maybe? Simon

wilf
18-02-08, 09:05 AM
He'll probably sue you now................