PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Images

robert
29-08-01, 06:56 PM
Guys

I am going to put together a couple of wallpaper images, and I need good quality images of Cobs in various settings.

The size and definition of the images is key, the better the definition means a better picture.

Please send them to rob@cobraclub.com however if they are rubbish they won't go up.

Thanks all

robert
29-08-01, 11:25 PM
The following link will take you to the sort of picture quality I am after.

http://www.accars.co.uk/Content/ACInteractive/DesktopBackgrounds.asp

agwebsites
30-08-01, 11:19 AM
AC have started painting their cars ‘Yellow!’. Ferrari was bad enough but the Cobra, there should be laws in place to prevent such disfiguration from happening.

Ok it’s a personal opinion. }>

Regards,
Andy

imported_admin
31-08-01, 04:00 PM
yes Andy, a yellow Cobra !! arrrrgh !! personnal opinion of course.

yellow belongs to Porsche 911's and supermarket shopping wagons.............:)

John Tisbury
31-08-01, 04:40 PM
What's the pattern repeat on the wallpaper?

It appears to me that it will take a lot of images on a roll just to cover one wall.;-)

I trust the wallpaper will be sold with matching batches?

I'll put in an order for 12 rolls please. Is it ready pasted?

:+

robert
14-10-01, 07:38 PM
Hi

I have today received my first useable image for wallpaper. John Tisbury sent an image which was 2000x2000 pixels, and of the right definition.

The following link will take you to the directory of the picture he sent in, which I have had to modify to bring the image size down, but that is fine, as then I can position it and gain the right definition.

http://www.cobraclub.com/wallpaper/

PLEASE send me your image(s) exactly as you downloaded them from your camera... that is to say, NO EDITING, NO CROPPING, and especially NO RESAVING. I will do that myself, as I need all the data on your original digital-camera image in order to achieve the best results for you.

If you're using a digital camera that provides separate settings for resolution and "quality," set your camera for "medium" or "high" resolution and MAXIMUM JPEG quality. Listen carefully: the term "resolution" refers ONLY to the number of pixels making up each image (640x480, for example, merely means that there are 307,200 pixels making up the image); JPEG "quality," on the other hand, has absolutely nothing to do with resolution. JPEG "quality" has to do with how much pixel-artifacting (damage) to the image you're willing to tolerate as you increase the JPEG compression to reduce filesize. Thus if your digital camera offers you separate a separate control for "quality" and "resolution" you can set your camera for, say, maximum-quality/low resolution images (perfect for the Internet), or conversely you can even set it for wretched-quality high-resolution images. If your camera does not provide separate settings for "quality" and "resolution," but only simplified settings that read something like "Standard, High and Super High Quality" (or perhaps "small filesize, medium filesize, large filesize") this means that each setting represents some fixed blend of JPEG compression and resolution. In this case you should select "Super High Quality" or "large filesize" for your shots. If you're going to send me those maximum quality/medium or high-resolution images to be used in a wallpaper image, I will have the maximum amount of image data to work with, and I will "sample them down" (i.e., size them down) appropriately for viewing on the Web as a wallpaper.

The directory link below will enable you to download the bitmap image, which you will need to unzip and place in your windows directory. The images are in bmp format, as windows will not let you use jpgs unless you are running active desktop. If you know what you are doing, then download the bitmaps and convert them to jpeg files.

http://www.cobraclub.com/wallpaper/

Robert
Forum Admin

http://www.cobraclub.com/flags/UK.gif

agwebsites
15-10-01, 11:23 AM
In case anyone is confused by what that may have been told before, this only applies to some digital cameras. A lot of cameras use the standardised definitions as below.

Resolution = the number of pixels in a set area of the screen, for example 100 pixels per inch or cm.

The 800x600 is the Pixel Dimensions, number of pixels along the top of the image followed by the number down the side. Nothing to do with the resolution of the image, an image can have dimensions of 800x600 and be 20 pixels per inch or 1000 pixels per inch.

Regards,
Andy

sideoiler
15-10-01, 07:55 PM
depends on your resolution at 1 pixel per cm, 800 x 600 is 8 meters wide x 6 meters high!
view from a distance though