PDA

View Full Version : The Best Cobra Kit

jeff
26-02-08, 10:50 AM
Guys do not want to set the cat amongst the pigeons again but the Pilgrim Sumo is about the best kit out there for this reason

Saturday I found out I can get 2 full sets of golf clubs and 2 trolleys’ in the boot.

In all honesty our drivers had to be removed from the bags first but no probs with the other woods and the irons.

Sidecarbod
26-02-08, 10:58 AM
Guys do not want to set the cat amongst the pigeons again but the Pilgrim Sumo is about the best kit out there for this reason

Saturday I found out I can get 2 full sets of golf clubs and 2 trolleys’ in the boot.

In all honesty our drivers had to be removed from the bags first but no probs with the other woods and the irons.

I totally agree with the results of your experiment! (I don't even play golf!)

chiffer
26-02-08, 12:42 PM
You can do that in an SRV8.

mikey
26-02-08, 12:56 PM
You can do that in an SRV8.

Yes, but its the ability to have a numpty on the seat that really sets it apart.

;)

VeeEight
26-02-08, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't want to be seen driving a Pilgrim anywhere and definately not to my golf club.

robert
26-02-08, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't want to be seen driving a Pilgrim anywhere and definately not to my golf club.

Bugger all wrong with a pilgrim, bugger all wrong with any of the marques. Not everyone has the same level of disposable income, we all have the same passion though.

Wilburn
26-02-08, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't want to be seen dead in a golf club :o

dingocooke
26-02-08, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't want to be seen dead in a golf club :o

With you 100% there; Im probably too old for nightclubs, but Ill never be old enough for golf...:-)

jeff
26-02-08, 02:30 PM
With you 100% there; Im probably too old for nightclubs, but Ill never be old enough for golf...:-)

5 Years ago I would have said the same or golf courses were only for shooting rabbits on, but as you get older and the beer belly gets bigger golf is a better than going to the gym

jeff
26-02-08, 02:32 PM

So please note guys with pilgrims if you see mr VeeEight sitting at the side of the road give him a wave and carry on past

craggle
26-02-08, 02:49 PM
So please note guys with pilgrims if you see mr VeeEight sitting at the side of the road give him a wave and carry on past

With a comment like that, I think most would have a go at running him over!;)

Craig.

dingocooke
26-02-08, 02:56 PM
5 Years ago I would have said the same or golf courses were only for shooting rabbits on, but as you get older and the beer belly gets bigger golf is a better than going to the gym

:D :D NIce one!

I have been once, but never been so bored before or since; made the gym look exciting. The walk was nice mind you, but then again I dont need check trousers, a silly hat, bag of sticks, spiked shoes and an artificial landscape to enjoy a walk (or £1000 a year membership :-))

I also found some of the '10 bob millionaire' antics in the clubhouse tedious; the level of pathetic snobbery and sheer bullshit, plus the blatant brown nosing around the club captain and the golf pro was both tragic and hillarious all at once!
I was introduced to the captain, who mistakenly thought I was up for membership looked down his nose at me, and asked me (almost interview style!) rather pointedly 'what do you do for a living and where did you go to school?' when I politlely asked him if it was any of his busniess, I thought he was going to have a seizure! Maybe it was indeed just the sort of club where a Sumo wouldnt be welcome, and that sort of snobbery and judgemental rubbish I can do without!

Still it'd be a dull old world if we all liked the same things wouldnt it!!

jeff
26-02-08, 03:10 PM
Steve I do not have the cash or the inclination to visit the expensive / snobby golf clubs.

I go out with my son and 2 son-in-laws on elcheapo courses play very badly have a laugh and down a couple of pints when we finished.

You have snobbery in every hobby

“I wouldn't want to be seen driving a Pilgrim anywhere and definately not to my golf club.”

dingocooke
26-02-08, 03:23 PM
No me neither!! It was by invitation and Ill try most things once!
I think we've seen the snobbery in cobraland in post number 2 LOL

I did go to a local driving range once as well, and got told off for hitting balls over the fence with the big wooden bat (number 1?????) which seemed most like a sledgehammer or axe I used to swing as a teenager, and felt just right; so I stopped that and then got told off for repeatedly hitting the little ballpickyuppytractorthingy; I thought it was meant for target practice LOL ...
On second thoughts Im definately not sensible enough for golf either...:D :D :D ;-)

dingocooke
26-02-08, 03:29 PM
err sorry pete I meant post 5....:D

dave.n
26-02-08, 03:34 PM
I don't play golf 'cos I'm actually totaly useless at it.

Nothing wrong with a Pilgrim. I've seen some lovely Sumo's in my short cobra time and I've been in some that are very ,very fast too.

Sidecarbod
26-02-08, 05:02 PM

A wave with 2 fingers!

Chimeara
26-02-08, 05:13 PM
Try a flying club for snobbery makes said golfers look tame. Ones pilgrim was openly accepted and very well commented upon. Must have been the build quality of ones car old chaps what what.

kobra
26-02-08, 05:22 PM

I get the bag with the irons and the breakk down trolly in the boot of my A K. The woods go in the passenger seat. With two roll bars it cuts down space. but it holds a fair bit. We all love our Cobra's so lets not knock any one who may have a less costing model. We can only live to our incomes high or low. The name is the thing . :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

denis84
26-02-08, 05:25 PM
Hope V8 was only joking !!

If not,it's very sad i think

Denis

Miket
26-02-08, 05:27 PM
Try a flying club for snobbery makes said golfers look tame. Ones pilgrim was openly accepted and very well commented upon. Must have been the build quality of ones car old chaps what what.

Golf clubs in a Sumo boot, they should have seen that Marque you produced out of your Sumo boot at the 2006 Classic, come to think of it, you didn't bring any spare underwear. :( ;) :D

dingocooke
26-02-08, 05:32 PM
Its all relative, and lets not forget even if youre sitting in a top spec plastic cobra or even a gorgeous Kirkham with a 427SO and toploader, the owner of a real 1960's AC 427 (genuine) car would probably think there wasnt much difference between the mind set of Pilgrim, Magnum, Crendon Dax Kirkham etc just a bunch of dreamers who cant afford the real thing LOL

Were probably as sad as the lads in the MR2's spammed up as Ferraris arguing about whos got the most authentic body kit !!!

Chimeara
26-02-08, 05:37 PM
Indeed mike, I had the marquee a tent (the worlds smallest tent however) camping gear, tools clothes etc etc in the sumo boot.

I better not mention it out dragged the GD aswell had I ooops

Ps I like your slogan on your signature

VeeEight
26-02-08, 07:00 PM
Thought it was a bit dull on here today, so just needed a Pilgrim comment to liven things up a bit. Never been a golfer, just a leg puller.

Sidecarbod
26-02-08, 07:18 PM
Thought it was a bit dull on here today, so just needed a Pilgrim comment to liven things up a bit. Never been a golfer, just a leg puller.

You should take up Russian roulette, you'll find it safer than 'leg pulling' round here! :D

Pete