PDA

View Full Version : tonneau cover fasteners

chasm
26-02-08, 08:35 PM
Hi all,
I never use my hood so I am looking to remove my fasteners,problem is what to put in or over the holes?? Any ideas???

Andy S
26-02-08, 09:16 PM
Hi all,
I never use my hood so I am looking to remove my fasteners,problem is what to put in or over the holes?? Any ideas???

Assumining you are not looking to get them filled and the car painted, then there are a couple of options I know of.
1 use a flat headed fastner and screw into hole, this retains the look but without the height of the fastners.
the second is a bit radical, stay with me, get yourself some of those little white plastic jobbies you put inside kitchen cabinets to blank the holes you dont use, like most of us youve probably got some in the shed or garage, push them into a piece of card and spray the tops the same as your car, then push them into the holes vacated by your fastners, I believe they should be almost the same size, a bit of silicon might aid the fixing. I have seen this recently on a white cob where some fixing holes were left exposed and they worked a treat.

slogger
26-02-08, 10:15 PM
Hi all,

I never have used my hood but still have the fasteners fitted. In my humble opinion they are part of the look and I intend to fit a couple more so that a tonnue cover may be fitted. Black leather seats in the summer sun and shorts soon wake you up!:cool:

I feel that a row of fasteners look much better than a row of coloured plastic plugs, no offence Andy, which will give your Cob that Mfi flat pack look.;)

Miket
26-02-08, 10:19 PM
I never have used my Cobra but still have the fasteners fitted. In my humble opinion they are part of the look and I intend to fit a couple more in 2012 so that a tonnue cover may be fitted. Black leather seats in the summer sun and shorts soon wake you up!:cool:

Post fixed. ;) ;) :D :D

slogger
26-02-08, 10:26 PM
Post fixed. ;) ;) :D :D

Damn you saw right through me...................as early as 2012???

Did get three days last week and now have two side pipes.........Yippee!:mrgreen:

Miket
26-02-08, 10:28 PM
Did get three days last week and now have two side pipes.........Yippee!:mrgreen:

Nice, but are they connected to anything. :confused: ;) ;) :D :D

Andy S
26-02-08, 10:30 PM
Ian no offence taken mate just offering possible solutions. Not saying I would do it myself but when colour coded they can look discreet.

slogger
26-02-08, 10:32 PM
Nice, but are they connected to anything. :confused: ;) ;) :D :D

.....some strange lump of pig iron hung between the front wheels.;)

Give it another 3 months and I might get time to fit the exhaust gaskets and seal the joints.

slogger
26-02-08, 10:35 PM
Ian no offence taken mate just offering possible solutions. Not saying I would do it myself but when colour coded they can look discreet.

Coloured plastic bungs would possibly enhance the look of my cob anyway! It has enough other lumps and bumps in the paint.................Grrr:twisted: