PDA

View Full Version : SVA Test Friday

twincamrider
05-03-08, 09:38 AM
Hi All,

Thought I would post a note to let you know I have the test this Friday (7th March). Not sure if I am setting myself up by advising everyone in advance, but I wanted to thank several members for their recent help in getting me prepared.....Crocket for the pre-test inspection and general pointers on a few items; Chris for the loan of a compliant steering wheel; Gareth for the offer of support on the day; and Luke for general encouragement! Many other members and especially Ken, John and Linda at AK have also provided me with great help throughout the build, so thanks to you all.

I have one part due to be delivered today and fitted tonight, then I think I have done everything I can..............I've even organised 'breakdown' cover for the trip down to Gillingham!

Hoping for a good result and fair weather!

wilf
05-03-08, 10:00 AM
Good luck Mark - preparation is the key to success!

kayjayd
05-03-08, 10:04 AM
Good Luck Mark. Take loads of tools and as many bits of tape, foam rubber, tubing, cable ties etc. that you can carry.

Noel
05-03-08, 10:15 AM
Best of luck Mark, hope you get my tester at Gillingham, he was nuts about motorbikes, especially old ones?? Get talking to him ;)

Noel
05-03-08, 10:19 AM
Tony Burnett was his name.....very nice chap (there are only two there)

ibroker
05-03-08, 10:36 AM
Mark

When did you apply. Just interested to know how long it takes from application to test?

twincamrider
05-03-08, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the support and more tips for the day.

I applied just before Xmas and it took about 10 days for a response which was to request photgraphic evidence of the build. I provided this and it then took about 2 weeks for the Gillingham test center to be advised by VOSA so that I could call them for an appointment. Gillingham are not very busy at the moment so the lead time for setting the appoint ment was also about 2 weeks. I have had to defer the initial appointment until now while I sorted a few minor issues.

jeff
05-03-08, 11:33 AM
The very best of luck Mark

kevchard
05-03-08, 04:32 PM
Good luck for Friday.
If you get a good tester it makes the experience all the more enjoyable. Ours was human and described what he was looking for and how to fix things when it failed.
If you look as if you are willing to take advice then it builds a better relationship between tester and testee (is that a word?).
Cheers
Kevin

TINKA
05-03-08, 05:11 PM
double post

TINKA
05-03-08, 05:12 PM
Good luck hope all goes well and the weather holds. Are you going to drive it there. :D:D

Geoff's Project
05-03-08, 05:22 PM
Good luck Mark,
I'm saying that hoping that one day you could return the gesture, that is when I have built mine of course.
Geoff

bert
05-03-08, 05:51 PM
Mark,

Quick question: How long did you had to wait for your SVA call?

regards,

Bert

gareth08
05-03-08, 05:59 PM
Good luck mate.

See you friday;)

Purple AK
05-03-08, 08:27 PM
Good Luck Mark ;)

slogger
05-03-08, 08:32 PM
Best of luck for Friday Mark. I'll keep an eye out as I'll be in the area.:-D:mrgreen:

twincamrider
05-03-08, 09:23 PM
Thanks all for your best wishes.

Bert, the SVA call wait was about 10 days.

Tinka, Yes, I am planning on driving, hence the prayer for the weather and the arrangement of a breakdown policy!

Neil O
06-03-08, 08:05 AM
If you look as if you are willing to take advice then it builds a better relationship between tester and testee (is that a word?).
Cheers
Kevin

Good luck Mark, it sounds like you are well prepared so you'll be fine.:-D

As regards the above quote, I wouldn't let the tester have too close a relationship with your testees mate.;)

twincamrider
06-03-08, 01:01 PM
As regards the above quote, I wouldn't let the tester have too close a relationship with your testees mate.;)[/QUOTE]

Now that's certainly good advice!!

Neil O
06-03-08, 02:40 PM
If he fails it, you could of course form a close relationship between your right boot and his testees. Probably wouldn't help you get through the re-test though.:-D

Good luck tomorrow, bet you don't sleep much tonight.;)