PDA

View Full Version : Twin Carb RV8 - Where to get 'set up'?

AlexB
06-03-08, 09:47 AM
Hello chaps.

My cob has refurbed carbs on a brand new rover v8 engine, and they need to be set up on a rolling road. Where's the best place to go to get this done?

I am in hampshire, in the newbury/basingstoke/reading triangle, so anywhere semi-close would be great, but I dont mind travelling for the best work.

Many thanks,
a

Georgio
27-03-08, 06:58 PM
I took mine to Southern Carburrettors in South Wimbledon as it is nice and local to me and they did a brilliant job without using rolling road (though they have one if you want to book it) for 125. They have a website.

chedz
27-03-08, 07:44 PM
Petes garage, Bagshot in about 2 weeks ;)

What engine size and what carb have you got?

Sidecarbod
27-03-08, 09:03 PM
Petes garage, Bagshot in about 2 weeks ;)

What engine size and what carb have you got?

It will have SU's on it, I know nowt about them but they are OK and can be tuned by changing the needles.

Des Hammills book has several pages on setting them up.

Bigblock
27-03-08, 09:39 PM
Tom Airey, Bramdean, A272 Winchester, great bloke. Got to on your door step, rolling road as well

Welcome to the new home of the Airey Tuning Company - rolling road tuning of engines for classic cars in the South of England (http://www.aireytuning.com)

DELAGE
27-03-08, 09:39 PM
Hello chaps.

My cob has refurbed carbs on a brand new rover v8 engine, and they need to be set up on a rolling road. Where's the best place to go to get this done?

I am in hampshire, in the newbury/basingstoke/reading triangle, so anywhere semi-close would be great, but I dont mind travelling for the best work.

Many thanks,
a

Alex if you want to know how to set up twin or tripple SU's yourself just ask :) There is not many on this site who would know.

AlexB
27-03-08, 10:32 PM
Thanks all - Found a guy that could do it for me :)