PDA

View Full Version : Working Cob!

rocketmut
07-03-08, 09:26 PM
Got my first job in the cob, one of my suppliers called in and took some pic's of the car on his mobile. then asked if I would run his daughter to her prom in it in may. sure says I. :twisted:
Can picture her arrival now, new hairstyle totally knackered, dress blown over her head,haha should be a laugh.
Only drawback is that she wants me to dress up as a chauffeur!!:???:

chedz
08-03-08, 07:07 AM
The best bit will be when she burns a big hole on her dress on the exhaust :D

runt
08-03-08, 01:02 PM
Steve your starting a new trend there; this could have a devastating effect on the values of old limos..;)

Paul.:)

dingocooke
08-03-08, 01:47 PM
funnily enough Ive been booked for a prom trip for over a year; another ruined prom dress coming up probably!! She said the cobra is far cooler than any stretched limo; bless!!!

nuf_said
08-03-08, 05:00 PM
Been there too. I took a young friend of the family to his 'prom'. We had to go the long way round, via the town centre, (twice), and then the long way to the function place - so all his mates who might be walking there could see him.

We got a real round of cheers when we pulled up behind the usual limos. His teacher even came out to take a photo of him. The lad has the photo as the screen saver on his pc now. The grinning teacher's words were "Paul - you ****ing poser".

Exactly, and enjoyed by all. I wore overalls and a Fred Dibnah hat though, not a chauffeur's uniform.

Nuf Said

dingocooke
08-03-08, 05:25 PM
quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ti
09-03-08, 05:28 PM
I did one for a young lady a couple of years ago.
She made me go up and down Honiton high street
about six times !!! :)

And when it came to getting her out. a well placed towel
saved her any embarrassment !!

wilf
09-03-08, 07:28 PM
Was that over your lap then Terry?

rocketmut
09-03-08, 08:19 PM
Steve your starting a new trend there; this could have a devastating effect on the values of old limos..;)

Paul.:)

When her dad asked if she wanted to ride in the limmo with her freinds or arrive in that (showing pic of cob) she replied " Screw the limmo, I want that! " so you may be right Paul.

Purple AK
09-03-08, 08:27 PM
I'm booked for my oldest sons Prom this year. Assuming he is still allowed into school!! :rolleyes:

Miket
09-03-08, 08:33 PM
I'm going to a wedding in August where the groom wants to arrive in a Cobra, It won't be mine as I'm the brides Father. :D :D

Purple AK
09-03-08, 08:45 PM
I'm going to a wedding in August where the groom wants to arrive in a Cobra, It won't be mine as I'm the brides Father. :D :D
AndyS and I offer a Groom/Best Man service ;) But we do need petrol money (unlike the last time :rolleyes:) Hang on. Your future son in law is in the same line of work isn't he!

steamyrotter
09-03-08, 09:49 PM
I am booked for my Daughters prom.......
:cool:

Gives me 8 years to get it on the road then!!!!

Now there's a challenge!!!
:mrgreen: