PDA

View Full Version : Sidepipes or Underslung

Don Gilham
10-03-08, 05:03 PM
As it's not teally a techie type question, I thought I'd pose it on the general forum. Being a newbie, I'm allowed to do things like that :D - and ask silly questions too ?

So, my question is - Exhausts, underslung or sidepipes ? Or should that be sidepipes or underslung ? :mrgreen:

Miket
10-03-08, 05:05 PM
Sidepipes :D :D underslungs are for Gays. ;) ;) :D

Dutch Paul
10-03-08, 05:10 PM
As it's not teally a techie type question, I thought I'd pose it on the general forum. Being a newbie, I'm allowed to do things like that :D - and ask silly questions too ?

So, my question is - Exhausts, underslung or sidepipes ? Or should that be sidepipes or underslung ? :mrgreen:

Right or wrong - it`s your choice.
Don`t forget on some marques, underslung will possibly give ground clearance problems.

Don`t listen to Miket - he just posted to get his post count up.:mrgreen:

craggle
10-03-08, 05:22 PM
Side pipes was my choice.

I think the Cobras look better with them and you will have ground clearance issues with underslungs on all cars.

I do like the sound of a V8 running dual pipes though and underslungs are definitely the way to go for sound. You do get a rather loud and uneven sound with sidepipes.

Your choice really.

Craig

Impulsebooks
10-03-08, 05:27 PM
I like the "realism" of underslungs and the sound is nice too. I have sidepipes on my DAX because ground clearance would be nonexistent otherwise, and they look nice, but they are so loud that I need ear plugs on long journeys. I often set off car alarms when I rumble past parked cars, and that's coasting really slow (to stop complainers bitching) when I drive through residential areas on my way out of my estate.

chris farrow
10-03-08, 05:39 PM
Side pipes and dont go for the 3" go for the 4" they sound great on the v8's, the only downfall is the cost. it will be more than double!!!!!

jools
10-03-08, 05:43 PM
I have had both & prefer sidepipes. However if clearance is not a problem it is very much a personal choice.

wilf
10-03-08, 05:51 PM
I like the looks of sidepipes, but the practicality (and sound) of underslungs.

Not many kits can take an underslung exhaust without, as someone mentioned, running into ground clearance issues. I am lucky that on my Crendon, that simply is not an issue.

MikeT - underslung exhausts are only gay when in Devon and Cornwall, the rest of the country is fine. Somerset is on the cusp, so to speak. :-D

keane
10-03-08, 05:52 PM
Don, I was determined to do sidepipes and I wasted a lot of time/effort trying to sort them out, my advice would be to contact custom chrome, speak to Chris and buy a weld it yourself kit, if you are flush there are some good people on here doing pipes now. Dave

Bigblock
10-03-08, 06:15 PM
I Have 4" Open Side Pipes Letting Rip Via A 460ci Ford, Absoutly The Dogs Danglies For Sound. I Have To Be Sociable At Work, I Donít Want To Be It At The Weekend.

Finishline Pipes Are Nice And With The $ So Low Not A Bad Deal. Call Them And Speak To Paula.

Donít Worry The Noise Wonít Affect Your Hearing, It Hasnít Mine Yet,

What? Half Past 4 On Thursday

steamyrotter
10-03-08, 08:23 PM
MikeT - underslung exhausts are only gay when in Devon and Cornwall, the rest of the country is fine. Somerset is on the cusp, so to speak. :-D

OOOH Scratch your eyes out for that remark deerie

Personal view 8 into 4 underslung................
But then my suspension can handle it!!!!