PDA

View Full Version : Double bubble!

Neil O
12-03-08, 04:00 PM
Had my SVA re-test today, and passed. :D

As a bonus though, the wife has just had surgery to remove some teeth, and will be quite quiet for a few days! :mrgreen::twisted:

jeff
12-03-08, 04:06 PM
congrats m8, but if your wife reads this it will be you needing teeth

Big Thirsty
12-03-08, 04:09 PM
At least she will not have to undergo "the flys in the teeth" experience...

wilf
12-03-08, 04:14 PM
A toothless wife eh? I have some possibilities in mind..........are you renting her out? :twisted:

Oh, and jolly good show on the SVA. How long until it is registered and properly on the road?

Miket
12-03-08, 04:15 PM
Well done mate http://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gifhttp://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gif

When is the DVLA inspection.http://img115.exs.cx/img115/8895/signquestion3xd.gif

twincamrider
12-03-08, 04:36 PM
Well done Neil, great feeling isn't it.....hope it the feeling lasts longer than it did for me....................probably already has!

kayjayd
12-03-08, 04:51 PM
Well done Neil - result !

Neil O
12-03-08, 05:07 PM
A toothless wife eh? I have some possibilities in mind..........are you renting her out? :twisted:

Oh, and jolly good show on the SVA. How long until it is registered and properly on the road?

Wilf, you couldn't afford her mate.;) I not sure that I can either sometimes.....:(

DVLA inspector wasn't there when I called in after the SVA. I just have to wait for him to phone me now. Apparently he works on a two week wait for inspections at his office, six weeks for a home visit. :(

Gave it some beans on the way home..........I'm going to need more pants.

Andy S
12-03-08, 05:13 PM
Well done that man, and pity for the good wife, a) she cant speak, and b) all you will be going on about for the next few days is Passed SVA now wheres that donkey from the DVLA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Dai
12-03-08, 05:56 PM
Great news on the SVA - no chance on silence from the wife though, they are genetically programmed to be unable to shut up (closes down PC before SWMBO spots what I've typed!!).:mrgreen:

KevinW
12-03-08, 06:05 PM
pics? - oh and well done

Big Thirsty
12-03-08, 06:07 PM
Gave it some beans on the way home..........I'm going to need more pants.

Neil,

New underwear comes with the Big block territory. Seriously, it is a great feeling when you first open an engine up that has those extra BB cubes. Hope all goes quickly for your DVLA inspection.

dingocooke
12-03-08, 07:25 PM
Result chap, and the SVA pass is a bonus....what are you looking forward to most, your first smooth ride with all that pent up energy behind it, or a go in the Crendon???

dolphinboy400
12-03-08, 07:31 PM
congratulations neil :D

wilf
12-03-08, 07:53 PM
Wilf, you couldn't afford her mate.;)

So it is not a question of whether she might, but merely of cost? :mrgreen:

dingocooke
12-03-08, 07:57 PM
So does this mean Neil is potentially a pimp (because he would sell her) but realistically merely cuckholded to the densitist????

rocketmut
12-03-08, 08:14 PM
Well done Mr O, great result.:)

runt
12-03-08, 08:20 PM
Neil, congrats and yep, that must be quite a buzz, as TRAFFIC probably does not exist on your manor you'll be able to unleash that FE on a regular basis, the fact you actually REMEMBERED to think of your Missus during all this excitement marks you down as one of the last 'gentleman drivers', and a fine ambassador for the AC Owners Club old chap:cool:, seriously.. enjoy that car and keep us posted!

Paul.:)

V8 BJC
12-03-08, 09:35 PM
Congratulations Neil - Enjoy :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Purple AK
12-03-08, 10:19 PM
Well Done Neil ;)

Hope the Wife recovers soon ;) You deserve all the verbal she can dish :rolleyes: :D

Neil O
13-03-08, 10:02 AM
So it is not a question of whether she might, but merely of cost? :mrgreen:

Wilf, I could probably afford to pay you to take her away mate. She's very expensive to run! ;) I'm not sure you could afford her wine bill though.......:mrgreen::twisted:

Dingo, you crack me up. She still has some of her teeth left, and her voice.:( Her bite is still just as bad as her bark.:twisted:

All, thanks for the kind words. Pictures will be on here once it is cleaned and some "optional extras" bolted on........:-D

tonym
13-03-08, 12:39 PM
Pictures will be on here once it is cleaned and some "optional extras" bolted on........:-D

What extras are you bolting onto the wife then Neil?

dingocooke
13-03-08, 12:44 PM
Wilf, I could probably afford to pay you to take her away mate. She's very expensive to run! ;) I'm not sure you could afford her wine bill though.......:mrgreen::twisted:

Dingo, you crack me up. She still has some of her teeth left, and her voice.:( Her bite is still just as bad as her bark.:twisted:

All, thanks for the kind words. Pictures will be on here once it is cleaned and some "optional extras" bolted on........:-D

no worries looking forward to seeing some pics of the car !!!!

Neil O
13-03-08, 04:31 PM
What extras are you bolting onto the wife then Neil?

Tony, as you know, she doesn't need any "extras".:o

Miket
13-03-08, 04:51 PM
no worries looking forward to seeing some pics of the car !!!!

Why do you want pictures of Neil's car, go and look in your garage and imagine it with stainless exhausts and quick lifts. :D :D

I think your painter must have been into bulk buying. ;) :D

dingocooke
13-03-08, 04:55 PM
you are a miserable bugger Mike just trying to show a bit of interest !!! ;-)

Good point though, just off to the garage.

Neil lets see an engine bay shot anyway so I can dream of mine with a 427 in it...

Bulk buy paint, Volvo made a lot...

Neil O
18-03-08, 06:36 PM
Just for you Dingo, the automotive equivalent of an up the skirt shot.;)

kayjayd
18-03-08, 06:47 PM
Just for you Dingo, the automotive equivalent of an up the skirt shot.;)

Oh now look what you made me do? ...... Kleenex !!! ;)

dingocooke
18-03-08, 06:49 PM
Thats a cracker Neil; love the little authentic detail touches that really make it; the split pin/bracket on the rearwards sloping rad top, the expansion tank, the turkey pan etc etc everywhere you look the details are nice.
Lovely!!

Neil O
19-03-08, 06:10 AM
DVLA inspector visited yesterday. He said the age related reg will take about ten days to come through. Nice guy, very helpful.:D
Interestingly, he confirmed that I don't need an MOT for three years as it is classed as a new car.:o

legend
19-03-08, 07:32 AM
Congrats Neil, two weeks to fun then !!!
All the best Tony.

Neil O
19-03-08, 02:47 PM
Actually more like 5 to 6 weeks Tony.:(
I'm away for 3 weeks in April, so I won't bother Taxing the car until 1st May.

wilf
21-03-08, 05:07 AM
See you at Stoneleigh then! :mrgreen:

Neil O
21-03-08, 09:29 AM
Not going to Stoneleigh Wilf.
I'll be changing my diff that weekend, hopefully.

I currently have a 3.31 in it, but with the 0.8 fifth gear of the Tremec it is geared too low for my liking. It would maybe suit other people, but I prefer not to be running at 3000 rpm in fifth at 90mph. I'm going to put a 2.88 powerlok in and hopefully that will give it a bit more legs.:-D

Of course when I say "I" will be changing it, there will be a "helper".....thanks Antony.;)

If everything is done before Stoneleigh, it could still be an option to go though.......

wilf
21-03-08, 02:13 PM
If I were you, I would run it for a while as it is.

My diff is 3.31, 5th on my tremec is .68 - I would like to go to a .8 5th, as acceleration in fifth (once I have run out of rpms in 4th) is less than I would like.

I think that if you go to a 2.88, you are going to get slaughtered when you try it on with any Fezzas etc. JMHO of course, but you don't have enough miles under those wheels to have really gotten a good feel for the car yet. And you WILL get used to the power/acceleration and want more................