PDA

View Full Version : Willans Harness

starsailor
19-03-08, 01:38 PM
Has anyone out there is our fabulous cobra land ever fitted a willans harness to a pilgrim sumo Mk3 and got it through the SVA???

markr
19-03-08, 01:47 PM
There is a minimum height from the seat base to the top seatbelt mounting, so with the curve on the back panel you probably won't make this measurement as the top mount will be over the centre of the seat and therefore lower than the designed mounting point.
Also the mounting points have to be fixed into metal. The designed mounting points have a metal plate under them. If you put a harness in you will maybe have to lower the seat ( fit it without runners?) and bond in some plates onto the back of the cockpit. Have a word with Mike at Pilgrim because I asked him about this ages ago and he told me how to sort out the plates in great detail....I just couldn't be ar**d.

Noel
19-03-08, 02:51 PM
Has anyone out there is our fabulous cobra land ever fitted a willans harness to a pilgrim sumo Mk3 and got it through the SVA???

Hi, yes it's no real problem, the mounting point for the top will be in the centre of each hoop on the body and the height passes SVA no problem. The only thing you have to do is make up a hefty bracket to take this mounting. It must be made with 5mm steel in order to meet requirements. See photo. If you need more photos etc, pm me.

starsailor
19-03-08, 04:15 PM
Thanks gents for your replies and good news. Next question, where did you buy the harnesses and have you the specific part number? Thanks again...

Noel
19-03-08, 05:46 PM
I picked mine up at one of the shows, direct from Sabbelt on special offer, which made them the same price as Willans, Europa do both and are good to do business with. Tell them you want them for a Cobra and they will know straight away which one to supply (I think it's the ones that fit 7's etc)