PDA

View Full Version : Weight vs Handling

rocketmut
19-03-08, 09:52 PM
Got out in the cobra this afternoon to pick up some bits & drop one of the guys who works for me off to pick his car up from M.O.T. Got back to the factory and as I didn't want to stop playing I asked the guys if any of them wanted a spin before I put the car to bed again. I nearly got trampled in the rush and these guys are all over 50! So out I go with passenger no1 about a 1/4 of a mile to a stretch of road that has just been re-surfaced. 2nd gear rolling at 25 mph, bury the right foot & Huston we have lift off. Repeated this with passenger no 2 and acheived same response, i.e we take off like a bullet in a straight line to a chorus of "faaaakin ell". Then comes the last of the "kids" to take a ride, Graham is 6' and about 18stone! same take off but this time the car snakes about 4' left then 4' right on take off ? good fun but made me think was this because of 6st more on one side of car than the other or just that Imay have given it a little more to compensate for the extra weight?:confused:

tarmacscratcher
19-03-08, 10:04 PM
Did he poo his pants? ;) That's what we really want to know :)

Big A
19-03-08, 10:09 PM
Got out in the cobra this afternoon to pick up some bits & drop one of the guys who works for me off to pick his car up from M.O.T. Got back to the factory and as I didn't want to stop playing I asked the guys if any of them wanted a spin before I put the car to bed again. I nearly got trampled in the rush and these guys are all over 50! So out I go with passenger no1 about a 1/4 of a mile to a stretch of road that has just been re-surfaced. 2nd gear rolling at 25 mph, bury the right foot & Huston we have lift off. Repeated this with passenger no 2 and acheived same response, i.e we take off like a bullet in a straight line to a chorus of "faaaakin ell". Then comes the last of the "kids" to take a ride, Graham is 6' and about 18stone! same take off but this time the car snakes about 4' left then 4' right on take off ? good fun but made me think was this because of 6st more on one side of car than the other or just that Imay have given it a little more to compensate for the extra weight?:confused:

How is it when on your own with 12 st more on one side?

Regards Alan

rocketmut
19-03-08, 10:10 PM
Did he poo his pants? ;) That's what we really want to know :)

They were all walking funny afterwards:D colin shit himself when he realised that he was looking at the speedo and not the rev counter:twisted:

rocketmut
19-03-08, 10:14 PM
How is it when on your own with 12 st more on one side?

Regards Alan

Good point Alan, it tends to snake left with just me in, but this time it went both ways.

v8pete
19-03-08, 10:22 PM
Brilliant !!! I can't begin to imagine the look on the poor guy's face! Next time take along a couple of bags cement for ballast!!

Pete.

slogger
19-03-08, 10:41 PM
They were all walking funny afterwards:D colin shit himself when he realised that he was looking at the speedo and not the rev counter:twisted:

Rocketmut m8, get your 18st employee strapped to your bonnet and let we know how a Dax with a Big Block up front handles.:twisted::D

rocketmut
19-03-08, 10:49 PM
Rocketmut m8, get your 18st employee strapped to your bonnet and let we know how a Dax with a Big Block up front handles.:twisted::D

Ian m8, how does yours handle with that monster lump up front?:cool:

slogger
19-03-08, 10:50 PM
Ian m8, how does yours handle with that monster lump up front?:cool:

One day I will find out..........one day.:D

W and M are knowwhere near each other on my keyboard! My last post?????