PDA

View Full Version : Photo Oppurtunity 2

Cobrasan
20-03-08, 10:54 AM
Hi folks, just to add to my original post, of searching for a candidate to have their car photographed, this offer goes to anyone owning a Dax, AK,
Pilgrim, GT40 etc. If you live near Epsom or you are prepared to travel to Boxhill, Dorking, I will supply lunch a pint and fuel, dates and times are flexible and of course you will get a copy of the photos and a poster.

Kind regards
Vinny

Noel
20-03-08, 11:59 AM
Hi Vince,

Smart website and some very good photos. Might take you up on that, only 20mins away. Bit busy over the next week or two, crap light at the moment anyway ;).

pm me in a couple of weeks if you still need a Pilgrim.

craggle
20-03-08, 12:12 PM
What will the photos be used for Vinny?

I'm only 15 minutes from Boxhill. Take a look at my gallery to see what you are dealing with. It's a Dax by the way.

Craig.

Noel
20-03-08, 01:37 PM
Thanks a bunch Craig, once he's seen yours................:p :D

Have a look at his Vince's website, should give you a flavour of what he's doing?

http://www.vinnylondon.com/

twincamrider
20-03-08, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't mind having a go, please take a look at my gallery to see if the AK suits. I am having a new engine fitted at the mo so will be a couple of weeks. Let me know if you are interested.

dave.n
20-03-08, 03:18 PM
Hi Vinny
I'm amazed that you haven't come along to see us at The Grasshopper (SE Region). It's less than 20miles from Dorking.
Some of the guy's travel more than five times that to attend our meets.
On a nice hot sunny day you would be able to choose from about 25 cobras at the meet.:cool:
If you do come along you'l be made welcome.

Noel
20-03-08, 03:39 PM
Location, location. location Dave

On top of Box Hill or the Grasshopper.....no contest :p ;)

dave.n
20-03-08, 04:09 PM
Location, location. location Dave

On top of Box Hill or the Grasshopper.....no contest :p ;)

Noel
OH YES totaly agree, but he could have a huge choice of many cars and make arrangements with the guy's.
I was only say it ain't far and he'd be made welcome if he fancied a visit.

craggle
20-03-08, 08:59 PM
Maybe we could have a group photo session at boxhill?

Not sure about getting up the Zig Zag road though. Those bloody speed humps are quite big.

Craig.

Noel
20-03-08, 09:01 PM
Funny enough, they are OK :confused: Been over them many times without much fuss. A lot easier than the car park in Guildford :D

craggle
20-03-08, 09:05 PM
That's good to know.

I will give them a try one day.

Craig.

slogger
20-03-08, 09:11 PM
.......So why not meet at the Grasshopper and have a run to Boxhill instead of The Woodman? ( Is it The Woodman or have I lost the plot? )

Is this too far?

Noel
20-03-08, 09:25 PM
.......So why not meet at the Grasshopper and have a run to Boxhill instead of The Woodman? ( Is it The Woodman or have I lost the plot? )

Is this too far?

Would definitely be up for that one :D

Cobrasan
21-03-08, 12:52 PM
Well chaps thanks for the interest, sorry for not getting back to you guys, I will have to think about this carefully, granted the weather is abit pants at the mo, the Grasshopper thing is a project for another day, I want to show off the car and owner in a new portrait style and offer it as a service on my website, the lucky chap or chapess that gets the gig will be the Guinea Pig and will recieve the goods for free and it will be atest on how well I can get things organised.

Vinny

Cobrasan
21-03-08, 01:09 PM
Just had a quick thought about your ideas of combining it into a run which would be excellent for taking moving pictures, I didnt expect such a good responce, wow you guys have blown my mind, how about the May Bank holiday, ideally a week day would be best, no Sunday drivers and congestion around the zigzags, I want to shoot down from the top shoot as in photo and get the cobras to snake through the bends, use the bypass for panning and perhaps Denbies for a bite to eat.

I used to work at the Grasshopper, guess what I was doing? yep taking photos.

Ive done some stuff for Kitcar and Cobra magazine so I will submit the day for publication, no guarantees though.

So far we have a Pilgrim, AK and a Dax, thats magic we just need to come up with a suitable date let me know, lets brain storm and come up with something that suits us all.

Regards Vinny

dave.n
21-03-08, 03:54 PM
Just had a quick thought about your ideas of combining it into a run which would be excellent for taking moving pictures, I didnt expect such a good responce, wow you guys have blown my mind, how about the May Bank holiday, ideally a week day would be best, no Sunday drivers and congestion around the zigzags, I want to shoot down from the top shoot as in photo and get the cobras to snake through the bends, use the bypass for panning and perhaps Denbies for a bite to eat.

I used to work at the Grasshopper, guess what I was doing? yep taking photos.

Ive done some stuff for Kitcar and Cobra magazine so I will submit the day for publication, no guarantees though.

So far we have a Pilgrim, AK and a Dax, thats magic we just need to come up with a suitable date let me know, lets brain storm and come up with something that suits us all.

Regards Vinny

And an SR :cool: