PDA

View Full Version : here it is!

dolphinboy400
21-03-08, 06:13 PM
I know its not shiny but neither would you be if you sat in a garage for 10 years! finally picked the car up this morning, as you would guess , all 4 wheels were stuck :) the two rear and nearside front freed up almost straight away when we towed the car out of the garage, the last wheel freed up after some wd40 , shed skin, a trapped and squashed finger in the caliper ( when it suddenly freed, my fault :rolleyes: ), and plenty of swearing :D

dolphinboy400
21-03-08, 06:16 PM
some more photo's , i'm gonna start with the engine first then alter the dash a bit, so expect loads of questions soon :D

Deck
21-03-08, 07:26 PM
That engine bay looks just like mine!
Might be an idea to change the hoses, rubber decays with neglect!
Good luck with it!
Dec

AlexB
21-03-08, 09:02 PM
Looks like a great project!

Bodyshop Simon
21-03-08, 09:18 PM
Looks great Danny..Let me know when your about and ill pop over and have a look, im only in Upton. Cheers Simon..:D:mrgreen:

dolphinboy400
21-03-08, 11:33 PM
Looks great Danny..Let me know when your about and ill pop over and have a look, im only in Upton. Cheers Simon..:D:mrgreen:

sure mate , ill send you a pm when i know ill be in :D

keane
22-03-08, 09:59 AM
Danny/Simon, would like to come over and have a natter. Dave

Bigblock
22-03-08, 10:08 AM
Change thoses tyres regardless of tread left. I had mine stood for 7 years and when it finally went back on the road after 10 miles the tread started to split and come away from the main tyre.

Andy302
22-03-08, 10:10 AM
good luck with your project, Was the previous owners a plumber by any chance?

Neil O
22-03-08, 11:13 AM
Congrats Dolphin.

Looks like you've got a lot of work to do.......;)

wilf
22-03-08, 11:22 AM
Looks a good base for a great car.

Now the real hard work starts..............

stevee8
22-03-08, 01:02 PM
Got it at last Danny. :)
Good luck with the rebuild and don't forget to come along to the meets.

slogger
22-03-08, 01:42 PM
Well done Danny! Have fun8)

dingocooke
22-03-08, 02:45 PM
Enjoy your RAM (looks like a RAM chassis under there); that copper pipe work looks nasty doesnt it!!
Looks like a nice projetc though keep the story running!!

dolphinboy400
22-03-08, 03:58 PM
the guy who built it was a Dr in metology, but i dont think that is the reason for the copper pipes , i think it was done to keep the price down.

I will change the tyres now thanks big :D

the susspension is on its lowest setting and i rekkon it will need to go to about half way at least if i wanna get out of my road :D ( damn speed humps! ).

thanks steve, and i will be along to another meet soon just really busy at the moment which also means i cant do much to the car just yet :( .

I'll PM you as well keane, when im gonna be around be good to have a natter :) I got plenty of coffee and tea and maybe some biccies !

thanks everyone for the good lucks, ill need them and all your advice :P

keane
22-03-08, 04:04 PM
Danny, I'm a typical yorkshireman, gotta be dark chocolate McVities digestives!! Dave

dolphinboy400
29-03-08, 08:37 PM
i got the V5C form through today and i didnt realise but ive missed out on tax exemption by a year :( 1st registered 19/12/1973.... bit gutted but at least i got it back home in one piece :D

another question for you guys ( cos im not a post whore ;) ), where do you get replacement hoses from for the water pipes and what is the best combination, straight pipes with rubber bends or custom complete hoses? I'm not interested in the engine bay being 'bling' just want it looking tidy :D

ta in advance

Bodyshop Simon
29-03-08, 08:43 PM
Thread and Pipe behind Westover Renault in Wallisdown are very helpfull and should be able to make up all the pipes you need. :D

keane
29-03-08, 10:06 PM
Danny,I'll second thread and pipe, see Wayne/Pete, they are as good as gold, if you just want hose, there is Hyphose on the Nuffield, New Forest Motor Factors are quite good, if you want any stainless tube speak to me. Dave

dolphinboy400
29-03-08, 10:40 PM
excelent :D do thread and pipe just do metal or do they do rubber too?

Dave i may take you up on that offer ;)

thanks you two!

JonnyT
30-03-08, 01:04 AM
don't know thread and pipe, but if you know a friendly s/s welder you can make some very tidy solid hoses with minor bends in them.

keane
30-03-08, 03:24 PM
Danny,just got in from work, Thread and pipe do all sorts of hoses/pipes, they make up to order or copy what you have, they do have some steel pipe but small bore, I have a mate who has a tube bending shop at Upton, J & T tubes, any stainless give me a shout and we can sort something out, I have lots of contacts locally built up over the last few years, it may save you a few quid. Dave

dolphinboy400
30-03-08, 05:48 PM
nice one dave , we can talk some more when you and simon come over :D
allways up for making a saving !

chasm
30-03-08, 07:14 PM
Hi Dave, I used J & T to weld my chevy manifold they were very helpful ;)