PDA

View Full Version : I think I've got one unhappy cob...

demus
23-03-08, 11:47 AM
Nice easter break and the cob looks pretty down in the dumps, many other unhappy Cobs out there?

andicole0
23-03-08, 12:01 PM
Two :(

Andi.

runt
23-03-08, 12:20 PM
There's an example of why I have an ongoing fascination with that shape; Andy's shell even looks purposeful and ready to blast out of the garage, yep we had some sleet here earlier, hoping to get mine fired up WHEN the sun comes out, my missus won't let me run my engine in the garage as sidepipes apparently means death by monoxide..:confused:

Paul/runt.:)

slogger
23-03-08, 12:38 PM
There's an example of why I have an ongoing fascination with that shape; Andy's shell even looks purposeful and ready to blast out of the garage, yep we had some sleet here earlier, hoping to get mine fired up WHEN the sun comes out, my missus won't let me run my engine in the garage as sidepipes apparently means death by monoxide..:confused:

Paul/runt.:)

Get yourself a BA kit and go for it.:-D

runt
23-03-08, 04:15 PM
Get yourself a BA kit and go for it.:-D

Hi Ian, I know I'm probably being really dense here but..BA kit..?:confused:
Anyway, the sky cleared just now, managed to fire her up after maybe ten turns, couple of alarming pops and bangs, then cleared its throat, running sweetly, I can hear DB now; "Typical Cockney!"

Paul.;)

David Large
23-03-08, 05:03 PM
Some of us went to the car show at Weston Park, Staffordshire in our Cobras, it was ok, a little sleet when we were driving back but otherwise very good, quite warm when the sun came out.

DL

Neil O
23-03-08, 05:29 PM
Hi Ian, I know I'm probably being really dense here but..BA kit..?:confused:

Paul.;)

BA = breathing apparatus.

Didn't you ever watch London's Burning? It was "on your turf mate".;)

Francorchamps
23-03-08, 05:36 PM
No spikes on the tyres! So no Cobra tour!

runt
23-03-08, 05:52 PM
BA = breathing apparatus.

Didn't you ever watch London's Burning? It was "on your turf mate".;)

Actually I never did, we were very busy making our own entertainment in those far off days..:(:mrgreen:

dingocooke
23-03-08, 06:14 PM
good pics; more evidence of global warming....NOT!!!!!

john w
23-03-08, 06:25 PM
Fired her up today & been for a run, a little cold but sunny.

Sunny Stoke

Dutch Paul
23-03-08, 06:26 PM
good pics; more evidence of global warming....NOT!!!!!

Haven`t you heard?
They call it Climate Change now - to cover their arses in these situations. ;)

slogger
23-03-08, 07:20 PM
Snowed all day here. Had about an inch covering on the road and more on the cars etc. Boy even managed to make a snow bunny for easter. Last time we had snow at this time of year was 1963. Has global warming reached its peak and 2008 is the start of global cooling? North Canada has had the coldest winter in years! Better get those Cobs out before it gets too cold again.;)

Spanish Dave
23-03-08, 07:32 PM
Nice and sunny here today ... cobra very happy ... a little cold though at 18 degrees, but forecast 21 for tomorrow. Have had the cobra out of the garage to fit some of the carpets this afternoon. Do miss building snowmen :-) all you lucky lot in the UK.

andicole0
23-03-08, 08:40 PM
Snowed all day here. Had about an inch covering on the road and more on the cars etc. Boy even managed to make a snow bunny for easter. Last time we had snow at this time of year was 1963. Has global warming reached its peak and 2008 is the start of global cooling? North Canada has had the coldest winter in years! Better get those Cobs out before it gets too cold again.;)

Wasn't there a lot of snow in Kent in early '87. I remember not being able to get to work at Rochester and we were allowed extra milk becuase we had a son under a year old. :)

Andi.

slogger
23-03-08, 10:31 PM
Wasn't there a lot of snow in Kent in early '87. I remember not being able to get to work at Rochester and we were allowed extra milk becuase we had a son under a year old. :)

Andi.

Andi m8, there was a lot of snow in Kent in early 1987, late Jan not late March. Parts of Kent were cut off. Work had to hire in a helicopter to get our guys about as the Army were beat by the weather. Then came the October storm, and not a word about Global crap!:twisted:

Snow in the South 1987 - pictures by Roger Smith :: Fotopic.Net (http://davidburrin.fotopic.net/c810883.html)

Memory lane. Take a look!

AlexB
23-03-08, 10:50 PM
Mine doesn't even have an MOT yet... still got a list of things to do